ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4- Draft starts Saturday (Detroit is on the clock until 8AM) Announcement- page 81

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Bubble Sweet 16 (Miami @ Toronto Wednesday 9PM) 

Post#41 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 pm

NewEra wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:that Jokic trade in hindsight..Giannis may now be the 'Robin' on that team..

The Jokic and Murray trades are looking really good for Melo and Deeeez.

Jokic:
19 l 7.5 l 5

Stats aren't up anymore from years two and one. I experimented with Jokic playing off Drummond in year two because of the sims affinity for odd lineups. Jokic was the center in year one, I tried a bunch of different ways to get Jokic to play like Jokic and the sim wasn't having it. I've said from the get go, Jokic is the hardest player in the league to replicate and it killed me not to be able to see it on my team.

Now perhaps playing next to Giannis he will breakout, but this sim? I dunno man. Here's to Beal discovering a three pointer next year in this sim. Hope it works out for Deez, just not at my expense.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,449

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Bubble Sweet 16 (Miami @ Toronto Wednesday 9PM) 

Post#42 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
NewEra wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:that Jokic trade in hindsight..Giannis may now be the 'Robin' on that team..

Jokic:
19 l 7.5 l 5

Stats aren't up anymore from years two and one. I experimented with Jokic playing off Drummond in year two because of the sims affinity for odd lineups. Jokic was the center in year one, I tried a bunch of different ways to get Jokic to play like Jokic and the sim wasn't having it. I've said from the get go, Jokic is the hardest player in the league to replicate and it killed me not to be able to see it on my team.

Now perhaps playing next to Giannis he will breakout, but this sim? I dunno man. Here's to Beal discovering a three pointer next year in this sim. Hope it works out for Deez, just not at my expense.

Yea, I am not sure how the sim will view that pairing... In real life I would love to see how that core would fit together with Jokic throwing outlet passes to Giannis and hitting Mikal on cuts...might as well role with it. I guess certain things Jokic does really well would be hard to simulate, but hopefully it shows up somewhere.

For whatever reason, Beal couldnt shoot at all last season. But he was good the 2 years prior and seemed like his usual self. I would expect him to be back. On the other end, the sim made Jrue like a top 10 player and my best guy. It seemed like they just added some of his numbers to Jrue to balance itself out on the team.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#43 » by 2010 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Siakam and Chris Paul should not have made All NBA 2nd Team.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,289

Post#44 » by NewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
NewEra wrote:

Jokic:
19 l 7.5 l 5

What’s happening in real life now is definitely not an indication of what will happen in sim, especially since we’re usually a year behind. However, it has to feel good to see these guys going deep in the playoffs and performing at a very high level.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Post#45 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:25 pm

2010 wrote:Siakam and Chris Paul should not have made All NBA 2nd Team.

All NBA team are based on regular season results, the raptors deserved one player as they had the second best record in the entire NBA season, and Pascal was their best player during the regular season. Terrible playoffs but cant forget he did lead this team to the 2nd overall best record and best winning percentage in franchise history.
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
RealGM

Post#46 » by 2010 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:25 pm

Melo team gonna be scary with all the SIM upgrades he is gonna be seeing and with Murray now in tow. I think Indiana gets all the flowers but Cleveland may be the team that's the actual BaF dynasty.

RealGM

Post#47 » by 2010 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:28 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:

All NBA team are based on regular season results, the raptors deserved one player as they had the second best record in the entire NBA season, and Pascal was their best player during the regular season. Terrible playoffs but cant forget he did lead this team to the 2nd overall best record and best winning percentage in franchise history.

True. But to me, he is not a top 10 player. I view him in the Pippen mold. He is a strong 2nd option miscast as a 1st.

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#48 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 pm

2010 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

True. But to me, he is not a top 10 player. I view him in the Pippen mold. He is a strong 2nd option miscast as a 1st.

yep definitely not top 10, and wont have to be #1 when Masai signs Giannis. Ujiri helped Giannis family emigrate from Nigeria to Greece

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,973

Post#49 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:01 pm

2010 wrote:Melo team gonna be scary with all the SIM upgrades he is gonna be seeing and with Murray now in tow. I think Indiana gets all the flowers but Cleveland may be the team that's the actual BaF dynasty.

He'll have a hard time keeping it all past 2022. So I'm not sure about dynasty but his team is gonna be NASTY these next two years.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,448

Post#50 » by Context » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 pm

Capn'O wrote:
2010 wrote:Melo team gonna be scary with all the SIM upgrades he is gonna be seeing and with Murray now in tow. I think Indiana gets all the flowers but Cleveland may be the team that's the actual BaF dynasty.

He'll have a hard time keeping it all past 2022. So I'm not sure about dynasty but his team is gonna be NASTY these next two years.

Cap, but - regardless...you know what Mel is thinking?

I do:

Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#51 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I’ll have at least $900 and can go over the cap to resign them if necessary. I’m not worried. I waited 3 years for them to break out. They’re not going anywhere. I been patient enough already. Not going to reap the benefits of waiting for so long just for one or 2 seasons and let them go in free agency. They staying here. I built it from the ground up..
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#52 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I do:

:lol: Truth. I'm not allowed to post that video though.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#53 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I’ll have at least $900 and can go over the cap to resign them if necessary. I’m not worried. I waited 3 years for them to break out. They’re not going anywhere. I been patient enough already. Not going to reap the benefits of waiting for so long just for one or 2 seasons and let them go in free agency. They staying here. I built it from the ground up..

The transformation of your team has been remarkable.
BAF Clippers

Context
RealGM

Post#54 » by Context » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I do:

**** that Cap...

I grant you honorary ****! :lol:
Spoiler:
Context
RealGM

Post#55 » by Context » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:46 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

He traded that #4 pick perfectly...
Spoiler:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#56 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:50 pm

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Context wrote:Cap, but - regardless...you know what Mel is thinking?

I do:

**** that Cap...

I grant you honorary ****! :lol:

:rofl: <3 ya too, fam
BAF Clippers

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#57 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I’ll never forget the days of hyping up Skal Labissiere and Caleb Swanigan
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#58 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I’ll have at least $900 and can go over the cap to resign them if necessary. I’m not worried. I waited 3 years for them to break out. They’re not going anywhere. I been patient enough already. Not going to reap the benefits of waiting for so long just for one or 2 seasons and let them go in free agency. They staying here. I built it from the ground up..

I’ll never forget the days of hyping up Skal Labissiere and Caleb Swanigan

Speaking of which...

Read on Twitter
BAF Clippers

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#59 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I’ll have at least $900 and can go over the cap to resign them if necessary. I’m not worried. I waited 3 years for them to break out. They’re not going anywhere. I been patient enough already. Not going to reap the benefits of waiting for so long just for one or 2 seasons and let them go in free agency. They staying here. I built it from the ground up..

He traded that #4 pick perfectly...

so pissed i didn't trade Vuc for Murray when Braz offered me it

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#60 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:52 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

it will be tough to see him retain everyone but he could keep a good chunk of his core, losing a player like Lavine will not hurt him too much. Tatum raise will likely be covered with Lavine current salary. And DSJr&Dunn's salary will likely take care of Bam's increase

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Return to New York Knicks