ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Haha, just kidding, always knew the Nuggets would take it

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Re: Around the NBA - Haha, just kidding, always knew the Nuggets would take it 

Post#921 » by Worst_to_First » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:Nets:pg

Clippers:levert, Dinwiddie, Allen and a future 2nd

Nets should go after Beal or LaVine instead.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,346

Post#922 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:13 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:Nets:pg

Clippers:levert, Dinwiddie, Allen and a future 2nd

I could absolutely see BKN doing this. Not sure why LAC would do it unless they just want depth and Kawhi.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Re: Around the NBA - And now we wait for the LA series 

Post#923 » by WargamesX » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:27 am

robillionaire wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I don't see how people are jumping off the ledge regarding the future of the Clippers. It is not like Kawhi and George have opted for free agency and told the LAC that they aren't coming back. I think people have to wait how things look a year from now before declaring the draft pick overhaul franchise crippling.

for real. I mean let's say they won this series and lost in a competitve series against the lakers, would people still be acting this way about the situation. they'll re-tool and be at it again next year

No because that is a team of Lebron and AD in the western Finals. That is the team a lot of people has thought and continues to think will win it all. The Clippers loss to Denver blowing a 3-1 lead and they have no way to improve their roster through trades because they gave it all up for George. Hell even the time limit for them to get it together isn’t good. If they had PG or Kawhi for at least 2 years they could have traded one of them and refilled the coffers. They don’t so even their stars cant get them equal value.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,839

Post#924 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:24 am

Rooting for a Heat-Nuggets finals now. That would be entertaining
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,893

Post#925 » by stuporman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:40 am

levert, Dinwiddie, Allen and a future 2nd for PG? Do it!!!!!

Clips get better and deeper if that's even possible while the Nets get their big 3 to star phuck their way into a 2nd round exit....... haha
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,040

Post#926 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:24 am

WargamesX wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
I don't see how people are jumping off the ledge regarding the future of the Clippers. It is not like Kawhi and George have opted for free agency and told the LAC that they aren't coming back. I think people have to wait how things look a year from now before declaring the draft pick overhaul franchise crippling.

for real. I mean let's say they won this series and lost in a competitve series against the lakers, would people still be acting this way about the situation. they'll re-tool and be at it again next year

No because that is a team of Lebron and AD in the western Finals. That is the team a lot of people has thought and continues to think will win it all. The Clippers loss to Denver blowing a 3-1 lead and they have no way to improve their roster through trades because they gave it all up for George. Hell even the time limit for them to get it together isn’t good. If they had PG or Kawhi for at least 2 years they could have traded one of them and refilled the coffers. They don’t so even their stars cant get them equal value.

They don't even need to improve much, they had this series won and choked, they had the better roster, it was a weird season with the bubble and all, I'd just roll it back out again and hope for the best
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#927 » by Worst_to_First » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 am

Let’s see if the Lakers bigs can gas out Jokic like they did to his old pal Nurk.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,277

Post#928 » by RHODEY » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 am

Worst_to_First wrote:Let’s see if the Lakers bigs can gas out Jokic like they did to his old pal Nurk.

I think the nuggets will need to have a 3rd scorer step up to have ac chance in this series. Maybe MPJR is up to the task.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#929 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:46 am

RHODEY wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:Let’s see if the Lakers bigs can gas out Jokic like they did to his old pal Nurk.

I think the nuggets will need to have a 3rd scorer step up to have ac chance in this series. Maybe MPJR is up to the task.

Gary Harris, Jr.?
Free Palestine
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 816

Post#930 » by Montmorencie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Gary Harris, Jr.?

He's been shooting horribly all season long. He is a beast defender but definitely not a 3rd option.

Actually I don't believe they need to split their team like that. Jok and Jamal are enough. The third option should be the open man. And oh boy, they have Milsap, Grant, MPJ, Morris, Harris, Dozier - this is hell of a squad.

They have chance but they have to play like Spurs in 2014. And Grant should have Kawhi-like defensive performance against Bron.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,101

Post#931 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 am

So, is this new Kings POBO good friends with and/or highly respect Scott Perry?

Let's hope so
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,991

Post#932 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:41 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#933 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 am

Sounds like Pandemic P is also a bad team mate
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 816

Post#934 » by Montmorencie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:48 pm

I didn't get the idea of the best defensive duo in the NBA to start with. Is Kawhi Leonard among top 5 defensive players in the League? Sure. Is Paul George among top 10 defensive back court players in the league? I'd say yes. Does that make them so spectacular defensively? Hell no. For two straight series they can't stop Luka, Porzingis when healthy, Jokic and Murray. The nonsense "we can defend anybody" went straight to the garbage disposal. There is no such thing as a player that can guard 1-5. At best they can guard 3 positions(Giannis and AD). More realistically two.

Also what do we mean by 'guarding'? They guarded Jokic well few times, he found open man for wide open 3? Does that count as a good defense?

PG and Kawhi can guard all the SFs, the short PFs, the tall SGs and the worst PGs. This, in my estimation, this should be something in between 25-40% of the players. The real problem is that they are both in the same range. I'm not saying they are not good, they are excellent defensively, I'm just saying that they don't bring nothing new to the table because of each other. They are the same type!

Luka, Porzingis, Murray and Joker are not in this interval. AD is not. Harden and Westbrook are not. Donovan Mitchell, Kyrie, Steph Curry, Booker, Lillard, Embiid etc...

Jokic too skilled, crafty and tall, Luca too crafty and smart, Jamal too explosive, Porzingis too tall with good shooting... what the hell could they do?

They will have a lot more bad match-ups next season.This is like telling me that because of how great defensively Jordan and Pipper were, they would have shut down Hakeem and beat Rockets easily in 95? I don't buy that.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#935 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:17 pm

robillionaire wrote:
They don't even need to improve much, they had this series won and choked, they had the better roster, it was a weird season with the bubble and all, I'd just roll it back out again and hope for the best

I agree with this. The Clippers aren't going to completely give up on this after one season. They choked for sure, but in a normal season where game 5 would've be at home, they probably would've closed it out 4-1 (and then lost to the Lakers in the WCF anyway).

They will try for some re-tooling, but it's unlikely they blow it up so soon.
mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#936 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Not sure if shared already, but good Ringer article on Bam and the future of the center position:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/17/21440004/bam-adebayo-block-miami-heat-boston-celtics
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#937 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:07 pm

mrpoetryNmotion wrote:Not sure if shared already, but good Ringer article on Bam and the future of the center position:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/17/21440004/bam-adebayo-block-miami-heat-boston-celtics

He’s basically a young KG. It’s rare to find a young big man who can do everything Bam does.

In general, the new age of big men are the ones who can switch onto guards and protect the rim. Guys that fit that mold are AD, Bam, Ayton, JJJ, Mitch (although he has no offense and is limited as a rim runner) and potentially Wiseman. The only outlier is Jokic, since he’s historically good on offense.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,277

Post#938 » by RHODEY » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:42 pm

Montmorencie wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Gary Harris, Jr.?

He's been shooting horribly all season long. He is a beast defender but definitely not a 3rd option.

Actually I don't believe they need to split their team like that. Jok and Jamal are enough. The third option should be the open man. And oh boy, they have Milsap, Grant, MPJ, Morris, Harris, Dozier - this is hell of a squad.

They have chance but they have to play like Spurs in 2014. And Grant should have Kawhi-like defensive performance against Bron.

Harris has started to look like his old self lately, I wouldn't count him out. Im not particular on who that third scorer is but I'm not counting on the Nuggets defensing like the 2014 Spurs for an entire series.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#939 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Read on Twitter
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,893

Post#940 » by stuporman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:22 pm

A year ago the 'who would you rather have?' question would be answered completely different if asked about PG and Melo....right?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job

Return to New York Knicks