jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Re: Assessing Expectations for Trae in Year 2 

Post#161 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:01 pm

myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
this video seems to be saying that Trae needs better teammates. that is what I have been saying.

Show me someone who has said he doesn't need better teammates.
Better than: Chandler Parsons, Evan Turner, Allen Crabbe, Damian Jones, DeAndre Bembry, Alex Len, Jabari Parker.
We've already upgraded Jone and Len to Capela and Dedmon.
Evan Turner to Teague (remains to be seen if he'll be back).

I like the Capela move and Dedmon as a backup. and Teague is nice. But that still doesn't move the needle enough for me to say we should stand pat. I get it, it seems most do not want to part with Hunter (because he was drafted 4th) maybe Heurter (because he showed some flashes his rookie season) though he regressed his 2nd year and at 21 years old he is hurt to much for my liking. I am only high on Cam. I am high on Collins, I just feel if we upgrade the team offense and have another guy that is a elite play maker we could replace Collins with a less talented player and would be a better team. I get it you all don't feel the same way. Different mindsets. But what I do not understand is when I suggested Derozan who we would not have to trade anyone for..... you all did not like that either. Help me understand that logic. And please don't talk fit and/or defense, because the truth of the matter is you don't really know if they would fit to add Derozan could come off the bench as the sixth man and have free rain to just score.

No one is saying to stand pat. NO ONE.
Hunter - you don't trade a 3 and D SF with size for a scoring only SG to play next yo you allstar PG that is already a bad defender. Those are harder to fill and are premium in todays NBA.

Collins - trading him for Beal when your proposed options would be to pay Bertans, and/or sign Crowder or Demarre Caroll to play PF. That is incredibly bad.

Huerter - my preference is to let these young players develop for more that one season before making the moves you are advocating. Took Beal 5 years to score 20+ on average.
DeRozan would have to not pick up his option to be a FA. Then the question becomes how much are you willing to pay him?

I don't want to be Orlando (trading Oladipo and #11(Sabonis) and that was after 3 years) where they thought they were ready to win now and 4 years later stay are still toiling on the proverbial treadmill.

Let me lay out my plan, Again:
1. I would keep all of the young core players except in a trade that nets us a player that is a star 2 way player.
2. Make the 2020 pick available in trades, similarly to how we used the #16 pick to get Capela.
3. If no such available trade - make the BPA pick.
4. Resign JC
5. Use our capspace to upgrade the bench via FAcy acquire a real NBA player under contract from a team looking to get under the tax (eye on Denver for Will Barton) or to cut salary.
6. Make the 2022 OKC 1st available in the right deal.
7. Run it back with our young core, draft pick and upgraded bench, see where we are at the trade deadline then make moves as neccessary.
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 226

Post#162 » by myrak433 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:19 pm

jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Show me someone who has said he doesn't need better teammates.
Better than: Chandler Parsons, Evan Turner, Allen Crabbe, Damian Jones, DeAndre Bembry, Alex Len, Jabari Parker.
We've already upgraded Jone and Len to Capela and Dedmon.
Evan Turner to Teague (remains to be seen if he'll be back).

I like the Capela move and Dedmon as a backup. and Teague is nice. But that still doesn't move the needle enough for me to say we should stand pat. I get it, it seems most do not want to part with Hunter (because he was drafted 4th) maybe Heurter (because he showed some flashes his rookie season) though he regressed his 2nd year and at 21 years old he is hurt to much for my liking. I am only high on Cam. I am high on Collins, I just feel if we upgrade the team offense and have another guy that is a elite play maker we could replace Collins with a less talented player and would be a better team. I get it you all don't feel the same way. Different mindsets. But what I do not understand is when I suggested Derozan who we would not have to trade anyone for..... you all did not like that either. Help me understand that logic. And please don't talk fit and/or defense, because the truth of the matter is you don't really know if they would fit to add Derozan could come off the bench as the sixth man and have free rain to just score.

Hunter - you don't trade a 3 and D SF with size for a scoring only SG to play next yo you allstar PG that is already a bad defender. Those are harder to fill and are premium in todays NBA.

Collins - trading him for Beal when your proposed options would be to pay Bertans, and/or sign Crowder or Demarre Caroll to play PF. That is incredibly bad.

Huerter - my preference is to let these young players develop for more that one season before making the moves you are advocating. Took Beal 5 years to score 20+ on average.
DeRozan would have to not pick up his option to be a FA. Then the question becomes how much are you willing to pay him?

I don't want to be Orlando (trading Oladipo and #11(Sabonis) and that was after 3 years) where they thought they were ready to win now and 4 years later stay are still toiling on the proverbial treadmill.

1. I would keep all of the young core players except in a trade that nets us a player that is a star 2 way player.
2. Make the 2020 pick available in trades, similarly to how we used the #16 pick to get Capela.
4. Resign JC
5. Use our capspace to upgrade the bench via FAcy acquire a real NBA player under contract from a team looking to get under the tax (eye on Denver for Will Barton) or to cut salary.
7. Run it back with our young core, draft pick and upgraded bench, see where we are at the trade deadline then make moves as neccessary.

No one will trade a “Star” two way player. Those type players you never trade. You can attempt to get one in the draft (fishing for apples in a barrel) or attempt to persuade one to come to Atlanta via FAcy, and you know the Hawks luck on that. And if we are still a lottery team or even a 7 or 8 seed first round exit that will not happen.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
jayu70
RealGM

Post#163 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:30 pm

myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:

4. Resign JC

No one will trade a “Star” two way player. Those type players you never trade. You can attempt to get one in the draft (fishing for apples in a barrel) or attempt to persuade one to come to Atlanta via FAcy, and you know the Hawks luck on that. And if we are still a lottery team or even a 7 or 8 seed first round exit that will not happen.

Then I'd prefer to develop the guys we tanked for. 60 games is just not enough time to cast then aside for a player like Beal and include Collins as well.

You seriously think this linep: Trae, Beal, Reddish, Bertans (or Crowder/Demarre Caroll), Capela per your suggestion can take us deep in the playoffs next season? That's a bad lineup and a waste of assets and capspace.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#164 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:38 pm

myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:

4. Resign JC

AD, PG, Kawhi, Oladipo to name the most recent - you know what you need for those types of players - Assets.
Now wether they want to come to the Hawks is an entirely different discussion.
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#165 » by myrak433 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:43 pm

jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:No one is saying to stand pat. NO ONE.

4. Resign JC

Then I'd prefer to develop the guys we tanked for. 60 games is just not enough time to cast then aside for a player like Beal and include Collins as well.

You seriously think this linep: Trae, Beal, Reddish, Bertans (or Crowder/Demarre Caroll), Capela per your suggestion can take us deep in the playoffs next season? That's a bad lineup and a waste of assets and capspace.

Per your message on another topic thread let’s just agree to disagree. But to answer your question. Yes I do believe that is a better team. I do not believe it would challenge for the championship. But I do think that team could be a top 5 team in the East. Which could attract higher end free agents in the 2021 class. But with current construction of the team at best 7 or 8 seed 1st round exit which would attract the same type of free agents we always do.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#166 » by myrak433 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:49 pm

jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:No one is saying to stand pat. NO ONE.

4. Resign JC

AD, PG, Kawhi, Oladipo to name the most recent - you know what you need for those types of players - Assets.

AD and Kawhi forced their team to trade them to the team they wanted to go to, or lose them for nothing once they became a free agent. I don’t think players like that would choose Atlanta with Kevin Huerter , Hunter as starters. Oladipo was often injured before he was traded and PG is not the same player he once was.

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
jayu70
RealGM

Post#167 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:22 pm

myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:

AD and Kawhi forced their team to trade them to the team they wanted to go to, or lose them for nothing once they became a free agent. I don’t think players like that would choose Atlanta with Kevin Huerter , Hunter as starters. Oladipo was often injured before he was traded and PG is not the same player he once was.

I only disputed your assertion that 2 way players don't get traded...all I did was show that they do (regardless of the reasoning behind the trade).
Kawhi wanted to go to LAL, he was traded to Toronto.
PG wanted to go to LAL, he ended up being traded to OKC at the time of his initial trade from Indy he was considered a 2 way player.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#168 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
jayu70
RealGM

Post#169 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,336

Post#170 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#171 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#172 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:39 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#173 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 5, 2020 3:03 am

This is...something?

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#174 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:47 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#175 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:39 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#176 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:54 am

“Luka made it over Trae lmaooo Hawks clearly lost the trade lmaoooo I don’t know anything lmaooo”
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,925

Post#177 » by shakes0 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Finishing below Bradley Beal is ridiculous. Aside from scoring a few more points there is literally nothing that guy did this year that was better than Trae.

And he's a vet so wins/losses should be a factored higher for him than Trae.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#178 » by kg01 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:“Luka made it over Trae lmaooo Hawks clearly lost the trade lmaoooo I don’t know anything lmaooo”

Whoa, whoa, careful there. BSPN might try to snatch you up with that frisbee-deep level of analysis(sic). :lol:

When they tout you to sit on one of their ridiculous panel shows, give us a shout out whenever you can. Just be like, "Yeah my sources at realgm tell me the Hawks are finna offer Trae and 2 future 2nds to the Knicks for Alonzo Trier."

Your numbers will be through the roof with their target demo's.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#179 » by jayu70 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
jayu70
RealGM