Raptors/Pacers-Dipo for Freddy

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Denisaur9
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Raptors/Pacers-Dipo for Freddy 

Post#1 » by Denisaur9 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:39 am

Just an idea but I wouldn't be suprised if some variation of this were to happen this off season.

Freddy(sign and trade)
Norman Powell
Stanley Johnson or McCaw

For

Victor Olidipo
Doug McDermott
TJ McConnell

For Pacers they get a great partner with Brogdon, who can shoot and play D.

For raptors they take a chance on Dipo and hope he can stay but maintain flexibility for 20/21. Dipo also has the Africa connection with Masai.

Ibaka(resigned 1 yr)
Siakim
OG
Dipo
Lowry

Turner
Sabonis
Warren
Brogdon
FVV

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,368

Re: Raptors/Pacers-Dipo for Freddy 

Post#2 » by Saul Goodman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am

I like the premise but don't know if we should add Norm. The pick we make at the draft Fred and contracts is fair.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am

It’s about the 4th time it’s shown up on this forum in the last week, but it’s not super attractive, and adding in the other swaps don’t really help it for the Pacers.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#4 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:29 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:It’s about the 4th time it’s shown up on this forum in the last week, but it’s not super attractive, and adding in the other swaps don’t really help it for the Pacers.

Yeah it's a retread of a retread.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#5 » by jimmy keys » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:35 am

Denisaur9 wrote:Just an idea but I wouldn't be suprised if some variation of this were to happen this off season.

Freddy(sign and trade)
Norman Powell
Stanley Johnson or McCaw

For

Victor Olidipo
Doug McDermott
TJ McConnell

For raptors they take a chance on Dipo and hope he can stay but maintain flexibility for 20/21. Dipo also has the Africa connection with Masai.

Ibaka(resigned 1 yr)
Siakim
OG
Dipo
Lowry

Turner
Sabonis
Warren
Brogdon
FVV

Can you add other players to a sign and trade deal? Does anyone know if the CBA allows that?
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#6 » by jimmy keys » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:38 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:It’s about the 4th time it’s shown up on this forum in the last week, but it’s not super attractive, and adding in the other swaps don’t really help it for the Pacers.

Yeah I'm not the biggest Van Vleet fan but I can't say I'd be exited about adding Dipo either at this point. Don't get me wrong I think the Raptors upgrade in talent, but is he ever going to be as good as he was a couple years ago? Probably not. I'd rather sign and trade Fred for a future pick with some upside like the Chicago 2021 pick or something similar.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#7 » by Boneman2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 am

Fred Van Vleet is really good but it wouldn't surprise me if he and Dipo get similar deals. With salary being equal I'd rather overpay Dipo instead of Fred, especially considering the Pacers already have two point guards.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#8 » by Wizop » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 am

Pacers can't fit FVV in at the salary he earns. We have a developing fire plug guard in Aaron Holiday. FVV is much better but not where we need to spend big.

If you want a big trade, OG or Siakam are the fits. A little trade might be one of Siakams backups.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:33 am

jimmy keys wrote:
Denisaur9 wrote:Just an idea but I wouldn't be suprised if some variation of this were to happen this off season.

Freddy(sign and trade)
Norman Powell
Stanley Johnson or McCaw

For

Victor Olidipo
Doug McDermott
TJ McConnell

Ibaka(resigned 1 yr)
Siakim
OG
Dipo
Lowry

Turner
Sabonis
Warren
Brogdon
FVV

Can you add other players to a sign and trade deal? Does anyone know if the CBA allows that?

Yes, you can.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:35 am

jimmy keys wrote:

Yeah I'm not the biggest Van Vleet fan but I can't say I'd be exited about adding Dipo either at this point. Don't get me wrong I think the Raptors upgrade in talent, but is he ever going to be as good as he was a couple years ago? Probably not. I'd rather sign and trade Fred for a future pick with some upside like the Chicago 2021 pick or something similar.

You’re comparing your idea of upgrading in talent from FVV to Oladipo versus possibly S&T of FVV for a future lotto pick, against just Indiana trading to downgrade in talent (as you described). In theory, we could also trade for cap/future lotto pick too or one of many things. Why trade for a downgrade in talent now?

Return to Trades and Transactions