Post#901 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:07 am

Beal not happy about the All NBA Teams

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Around the NBA 2019-20 

Post#902 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:10 am

I understand why people want star players to stay with their original team but the reality is with 4 year rookie contract and then the 5 year extension the great players get that's 9 years commited to a team/city. When I look at it like that I don't have a problem with a guy choosing his next stop.

It's not like teams are all that loyal either they'll trade you the first chance they see an option to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#903 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 am

bwgood77 wrote:Beal not happy about the All NBA Teams

Read on Twitter

I would've taken Beal over Westbrook but I get the argument
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#904 » by Mr Puddles » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:03 am

Westbrook with 59 all nba points
Booker with... 3

You'd think people who are allowed to vote for all nba teams would actually watch NBA basketball and not just voted based on name recognition.
Spoiler:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#905 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:Westbrook with 59 all nba points
Booker with... 3

You'd think people who are allowed to vote for all nba teams would actually watch NBA basketball and not just voted based on name recognition.

Westbrook had a lot better season than I expected. Not a real big fan of his game, but he did avg 27/8/7, though he wasn't too efficient with the scoring part. But more efficient than the last two years...most efficient year since his MVP year. More points than last two years too. Last year he was 3rd team All NBA, and year before 2nd team.

It was his 9th in a row (not counting missing the season he was out half of it with an injury).

Not saying he should have gotten a spot necessarily but he played well this season. Few players get 27/8/7..probably maybe just LeBron, Harden and Doncic (if they even all get it).

Edit: I guess only Doncic does, and is better on every #...LeBron short on pts and Harden on rebounds. Luka way more efficent too 58.5 TS% vs 53.6%
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach

Post#906 » by Mr Puddles » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:54 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Booker with... 3

Westbrook had a lot better season than I expected. Not a real big fan of his game, but he did avg 27/8/7, though he wasn't too efficient with the scoring part. But more efficient than the last two years...most efficient year since his MVP year. More points than last two years too. Last year he was 3rd team All NBA, and year before 2nd team.

It was his 9th in a row (not counting missing the season he was out half of it with an injury).

Not saying he should have gotten a spot necessarily but he played well this season. Few players get 27/8/7..probably maybe just LeBron, Harden and Doncic (if they even all get it).

Edit: I guess only Doncic does, and is better on every #...LeBron short on pts and Harden on rebounds. Luka way more efficent too 58.5 TS% vs 53.6%

I would easily take Booker's 26.6 / 6.5ast / 4.2rb / 3.8 TOV on 61.8 ts%

over Westbrook's 27.2ppg / 7 ast / 7.9 rb / 4.5 TOV on 53.6 ts%

27/8/7 looks impressive, but scoring 27.2 pgg on bad efficiency shouldn't be a feather in his cap.Westbrook basically has the same scoring efficiency as sophomore Booker who was derided as a chucker.

Statistically, the only thing Westbrook did better than Booker was that he grabbed 3 more rebounds - which doesn't make up for the huge gap in scoring efficiency.
Spoiler:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#907 » by sunsbg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Booker with... 3

Did you just defend Westbrook's low efficiency and also used basic stats on top of that ? You always use both against Oubre.

Sorry, I know I'm annoying, but had to point out this inconsistency.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#908 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Booker with... 3

27/8/7 looks impressive, but scoring 27.2 pgg on bad efficiency shouldn't be a feather in his cap.Westbrook basically has the same scoring efficiency as sophomore Booker who was derided as a chucker.

Statistically, the only thing Westbrook did better than Booker was that he grabbed 3 more rebounds - which doesn't make up for the huge gap in scoring efficiency.

I agree...if you read my posts you should know I'm very high on being efficient. I would take Booker too. I'm just saying Westbrook being there isn't super unreasonable considering what got him there in the past. I don't know if voters let winning get into the equation but I don't think there are any players from losing teams on there either. I haven't looked at Lowry's numbers, but just off the top of my head, it feels like he should be in there over Westbrook too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#909 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 pm

sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Booker with... 3

Did you just defend Westbrook's low efficiency and also used basic stats on top of that ? You always use both against Oubre.

I wouldn't have voted for him...you know I'm big on efficiency...sometimes voters are not and are wowed by raw numbers, etc. Heck, Iverson won MVP one time and his efficiency was awful.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#910 » by sunsbg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:36 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I wouldn't have voted for him...you know I'm big on efficiency...sometimes voters are not and are wowed by raw numbers, etc. Heck, Iverson won MVP one time and his efficiency was awful.

Fair enough, though saying 'he played well' despite being inefficient while Oubre was bad for the same reason sounds a bit like a double standard.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach

Post#911 » by Mr Puddles » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:22 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I agree...if you read my posts you should know I'm very high on being efficient. I would take Booker too. I'm just saying Westbrook being there isn't super unreasonable considering what got him there in the past. I don't know if voters let winning get into the equation but I don't think there are any players from losing teams on there either. I haven't looked at Lowry's numbers, but just off the top of my head, it feels like he should be in there over Westbrook too.

Whether or not he got in previously with similar numbers shouldn't matter, what matters should be how he measures up against his direct competition and there were a lot of guards more deserving than Westbrook.

Westbrook got more votes than Lowry, Young, Mitchell and Booker COMBINED. He shouldn't even have been picked him over any of them individually, let alone have more votes than all of them together.

There is clearly a need for voters with better knowledge of the game when Westbrook become an all nba player so convincingly.
Spoiler:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#912 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 pm

sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Fair enough, though saying 'he played well' despite being inefficient while Oubre was bad for the same reason sounds a bit like a double standard.

I didn't say Oubre was bad. I think Oubre's pretty good..even though there are some things I don't like too much about his game. Just not worth what he will get paid. Westbrook does move the ball though, gets assists, and a lot of boards for a PG. So I wouldn't just him only on efficiency. He should shoot fewer 3s though. He was solid from 2 at over 51%....if he just cut out 3s his efficiency would be solid.

Westbrook certainly isn't nearly worth his contract either, though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#913 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

Whether or not he got in previously with similar numbers shouldn't matter, what matters should be how he measures up against his direct competition and there were a lot of guards more deserving than Westbrook.

Westbrook got more votes than Lowry, Young, Mitchell and Booker COMBINED. He shouldn't even have been picked him over any of them individually, let alone have more votes than all of them together.

There is clearly a need for voters with better knowledge of the game when Westbrook become an all nba player so convincingly.

I agree it shouldn't matter. I don't know what matters to voters. Lowry should have gotten it though. Plays both sides, efficient, 19/7.5/5...the leader of the 2 seed. I don't think Mitchell should be considered...and I imagine with Trae it not only has to do with not being on a winning team, but lack of defense. Lack of much defense probably hurts Booker too. Not that Westbrook is that good of a defender, but he's better than Young and Booker.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#914 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:53 pm

I would've taken Booker too when looking at numbers. Shame our season was pretty up and down (missing key players to injuries/suspension) and we couldn't really find that focus until the bubble. Rockets have been for the most part consistently good and when Harden was having his slump in Jan/Feb, Westbrook picked up the slack which got him some extra eyeballs/votes.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#915 » by GoodBehavior » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:09 pm

I don't know if Westbrook deserves all-nba or not.

But Booker, Beal, and Young really shouldn't be in contention. Pre-Bubble, the Suns were the 13th ranked team (out of 15 teams in the conference). It's very rare to award all-nba to a bottom dwelling team. Lowry will always get shafted since he's considered a "super role player" rather than a true star. Mitchell didn't really have great year or reputation.

If you go on stats alone, KAT would be a perennial all-nba player while Jokic would be an outsider looking in ... Stats is not everything.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#916 » by RunDogGun » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:36 pm

I really love the Haywood headline, that he will "likely" exercise his $34 million player option. Who is turning down that money?

Return to Phoenix Suns