Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick 4th: PT 2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Who do you want?

Ball
16%
Wiseman
18%
Deni
25%
Hayes
19%
Obi
2%
Vassell
9%
Okoro
2%
Haliburton
4%
Onyeka
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 164

Portiseyes
Sophomore
And1: 87

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick 4th: PT 2 

Post#501 » by Portiseyes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:08 pm

A backcourt of white, laVine, Hayes, and Nesmith, and a front court of Porter (flex to defend 3 or 4 depending on matchup), Thad (...who I forgot about in the above post), wcj and gafford, could be an interesting young team with a real movement offense.
Portiseyes
Sophomore
And1: 87

Post#502 » by Portiseyes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 pm

;t=1806s

Long interview but I just find these film sessions invaluable to getting a sense for these players, especially with covid. I think Nesmith comes off as really heady, someone who can improve despite not having elite athleticism. And do I remember correctly that he gave his own wingspan as 6’-11 1/2”? Kid could end up being a really Elite 3&D...
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#503 » by Jvaughn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:31 pm

PlayerUp wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:lol I'm not talking about height/wingspan. He can't jump/move like Bam.

And that lack of athleticism probably locks his ceiling in as a "good" starting center.

Didn't say you were but there are other areas Wendell is better than Bam at.

I'm not really sure there are. Outside of a marginally better shooter. But that's just who's the tallest midget.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,745

Post#504 » by Jcool0 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 am

Read on Twitter
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#505 » by Jvaughn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:55 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure I like this format at all. Really taking the process out of the individuals team's hands. They can't even come up with their own interview questions.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 9,977

Post#506 » by MrSparkle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gonna be a very bizarre draft.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#507 » by Grodoboldo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:13 am

MrSparkle wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gonna be a very bizarre draft.

Yep. Boards are gonna be all over the place. As much as I think it would be nice to trade down, there's really no saying who will be at the board at any stage.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#508 » by Ugly Duckling » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:21 am

Portiseyes wrote:;t=1806s

Long interview but I just find these film sessions invaluable to getting a sense for these players, especially with covid. I think Nesmith comes off as really heady, someone who can improve despite not having elite athleticism. And do I remember correctly that he gave his own wingspan as 6’-11 1/2”? Kid could end up being a really Elite 3&D...

He has a chance to end up as the second best player from this class
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 640

Post#509 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:26 am

I like this kid. I have far more confidence in him being able to create his own offense in the pros compared to someone like Devin Vassell(or just him). Nesmith isn't the best fit on this Bulls roster, but I would love him on the Pistons. It will be interesting to see how well he measures out during the pre-draft process.
ROLES & HOLES
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#510 » by Grodoboldo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:

I like this kid. I have far more confidence in him being able to create his own offense in the pros compared to someone like Devin Vassell(or just him). Nesmith isn't the best fit on this Bulls roster, but I would love him on the Pistons. It will be interesting to see how well he measures out during the pre-draft process.

He'd be my #1 target if we managed to get another first rounder. Okoro, Tyrrell Terry and Maledon could also be interesting.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#511 » by drosereturn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:01 am

TheHrvReport wrote:Bam is much better than Wendell. His fluidity, ball handling, shooting and passing set him apart.

Just terrible comparison. Bam is just another tier in terms of athleticism, quickness, passing, etc.
Isnt Carter below avg as an athlete now he is at 290 pounds after getting frustrated by Whiteside, Drummonds?
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#512 » by drosereturn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:06 am

CoreyVillains wrote:Just finished my latest breakdown on Nico Mannion. Obviously not a target for our lottery pick and he’ll more than likely be gone by the time our second pick rolls around, however if he was still there I’d be fine with him as the selection.

I like the Arizona kids. They all have incredible talent and Lauri was one, Mannion the other with Ayton.
Obviously, he didnt show much as a rookie but you still cannot deny he has texture shooting form like Lauri its hard to imagine him not avging 45-40-90 in his nba career. Couple that with his pass first pg instincts, this guy is a Gafford type steal in the 2nd round.

Think of him as a discounted Lauri at the pg position he could easily be a starting level pure pg Bulls have been searching for a decade since Rose. Guys like him, Maledon are reasons why you should draft Hayes that high at 4. Hayes isnt several times better than these prospects to justify the pick value. You never build contenders by picking someone that dont deserve their spot.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#513 » by Jvaughn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:27 am

drosereturn wrote:
CoreyVillains wrote:Just finished my latest breakdown on Nico Mannion. Obviously not a target for our lottery pick and he’ll more than likely be gone by the time our second pick rolls around, however if he was still there I’d be fine with him as the selection.

I like the Arizona kids. They all have incredible talent and Lauri was one, Mannion the other with Ayton.
Obviously, he didnt show much as a rookie but you still cannot deny he has texture shooting form like Lauri its hard to imagine him not avging 45-40-90 in his nba career. Couple that with his pass first pg instincts, this guy is a Gafford type steal in the 2nd round.

Think of him as a discounted Lauri at the pg position he could easily be a starting level pure pg Bulls have been searching for a decade since Rose. Guys like him, Maledon are reasons why you should draft Hayes that high at 4. Hayes isnt several times better than these prospects to justify the pick value. You never build contenders by picking someone that dont deserve their spot.

Might be a lazy comparison, but all I see is Grayson Allen when I watch Nico play. He's a better passer, and Grayson was the better shooter, but I think their impact will be the same at the NBA level.

PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#514 » by PlayerUp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:29 am

Jvaughn wrote:
drosereturn wrote:

Might be a lazy comparison, but all I see is Grayson Allen when I watch Nico play. He's a better passer, and Grayson was the better shooter, but I think their impact will be the same at the NBA level.

Backup PG ceiling in the NBA. Better prospects available around his range.
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#515 » by Chicagoat » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 am

drosereturn wrote:

Hayes is several times better than Nico and Theo. I am not sure what you don't see in Hayes. Hayes is a dynamic point guard with great size and frame that can create his own shot and create for others. A pick and roll maestro, a good defender, and projects to be a great shooter(nearly 90% FT) Hayes is only 19 and made a big jump from last year. How could you not say that he has star potential? I get it, that it's the "eye of the beholder" in this weak draft. But I am just curious in your critique of Hayes.

Nico just got done with a mediocre season at Arizona. Most top high school prospect that go to have a mediocre freshman college season don't usually pan out. Skal, Little, Harrison twins, just to name a few. I just can't see Nico being any better than T.J McConnell with a jump-shot. I wouldn't even want to touch him with our second rounder.

Theo showed less than what Hayes showed. Theo is less athletic and is a worse passer than Hayes. Theo can't create space which is something concerning if you want him to be anything as a staring level PG.
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 126

Post#516 » by Bulldog23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:35 am

As much as I like Hayes, it depends on how much management likes Lavine. I can see possibly Okoro being selected here because of Lavine.
PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#517 » by PlayerUp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:As much as I like Hayes, it depends on how much management likes Lavine. I can see possibly Okoro being selected here because of Lavine.

If Okoro comes into predraft workouts and his shot hasn't improved at all, he'll drop into the late lottery possibly farther. I see alot of Justise Winslow type vibes with Okoro. Now in Okoro final 10 games of the NCAA season, his shot did slightly improve hitting 34.4% from 3 but it's a small sample size. Need to see improvements from Okoro. Potential is there but he is the most undeveloped player offensively in the lottery.
PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#518 » by PlayerUp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:14 pm

Chicagoat wrote:
drosereturn wrote:

Hayes is several times better than Nico and Theo. I am not sure what you don't see in Hayes. Hayes is a dynamic point guard with great size and frame that can create his own shot and create for others. A pick and roll maestro, a good defender, and projects to be a great shooter(nearly 90% FT) Hayes is only 19 and made a big jump from last year. How could you not say that he has star potential? I get it, that it's the "eye of the beholder" in this weak draft. But I am just curious in your critique of Hayes.

Nico just got done with a mediocre season at Arizona. Most top high school prospect that go to have a mediocre freshman college season don't usually pan out. Skal, Little, Harrison twins, just to name a few. I just can't see Nico being any better than T.J McConnell with a jump-shot. I wouldn't even want to touch him with our second rounder.

Nico Mannion underperformed at Arizona. His advanced numbers do not look good all around. During conference play:

49.2 TS%
100.6 Offensive Rating
99.0 Defensive Rating

All his advanced numbers look poor in conference play.

I would also not draft Nico even if he slipped into the 2nd Round.
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#519 » by Jvaughn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:19 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:As much as I like Hayes, it depends on how much management likes Lavine. I can see possibly Okoro being selected here because of Lavine.

God, I hope not. As far as wings, I have him behind Deni, Vassell and Nesmith. Really don't see the offe sive upside. Just another Stanley Johnson.

PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#520 » by PlayerUp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Jvaughn wrote:

God, I hope not. As far as wings, I have him behind Deni, Vassell and Nesmith. Really don't see the offensive upside. Just another Stanley Johnson.

This is a weak wing draft as well. Next draft will be better. I said yesterday this draft is loaded with playmakers. We haven't had a solid playmaker in decades. Maybe it's time we invest in one this draft.

Return to Chicago Bulls