the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#902 » by the_process » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

What does this mean? Haha

By all rights, we should be happy for the guy.

But there's too much going on underneath it all. This is a bad development on multiple fronts.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,604

Post#903 » by Slacktard » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:20 am

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

But there's too much going on underneath it all. This is a bad development on multiple fronts.

25% to 28%?

Wow. He actually made another 3.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#904 » by the_process » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 am

Slacktard wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

25% to 28%?

Wow. He actually made another 3.

I see what you did there.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#905 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am

So this is the Brett effect, as soon as he leaves Ben is eager to work out and improve. There are no words to describe the misery we've been under with Brett. So many years wasted down the drain, years where our players made zero or minimal improvement.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Embiid is also affected and works harder, but if we hire M_A it may be too late unfortunately...
Great takes since 2024-04-20
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#906 » by VDT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:26 am

Is that next level trolling?

In the past it was more obvious when you were trolling.
DT RAW
Junior
And1: 129

Post#907 » by DT RAW » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:34 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Image

So this is the Brett effect, as soon as he leaves Ben is eager to work out and improve. There are no words to describe the misery we've been under with Brett. So many years wasted down the drain, years where our players made zero or minimal improvement.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Embiid is also affected and works harder, but if we hire M_A it may be too late unfortunately...

jk right?

last thing simmons needs to be doing is working out in the gym.. sick n tired of him beefing up like a center but then not paying center

**** come back shooting multiple 3s a game or get off this team

cant believe he made 3rd team all nba, not only did he not deserve that, but now its once again going to justify in his mind that he keeps playing the same pathetic way. We got rid of half the problem in brown, we just need to get rid of the other half now
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#908 » by 76ciology » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:51 am

4 years in. I’ll only believe if in game improvement. His hype machine was the inspiration for Lavar Ball
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#909 » by 76ciology » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:52 am

I think the guys around the league believes that Beal was stat padding his way to get his numbers. And I dont blame them for that
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#910 » by Stanford » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:03 pm

You can't be serious.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#911 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 pm

This is real guys, Simmons was a diva under Brett, but what happened is a miracle, "don't deserve it"? this is introspection, something he never did before.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#912 » by Stanford » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:This is real guys, Simmons was a diva under Brett, but what happened is a miracle, "don't deserve it"? this is introspection, something he never did before.

He's been posting "BOUT THAT WORK" instagram posts that flatter himself since instagram has existed. wtf are you talking about.

This is boilerplate public athlete ****.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#913 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:00 pm

One thing is him pretending to work out to make his fans happy, another very different is him saying he doesn't deserve vacation, this is a completely different Ben than before. I would like Embiid to follow his example next.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#914 » by Stanford » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:46 pm

:roll:
skulky
Junior
And1: 94

Post#915 » by skulky » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 pm

What does this have to do with any of that, you’re really jumping through hoops to try to project your own bias.

Ben and his camp have literally published this bs every off season since he’s arrived. Next up shirtless spin move, fade away, foul line jumpers against no one videos.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,808

Post#916 » by Mik317 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:37 pm

why do yall even engage lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,494

Post#917 » by elchengue20 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:15 pm

Lol tired of this offseason **** with Ben. He's already 24 years old and hasn't improved since he entered the league.

If his value is up for that All-NBA and All-Defense team i would trade him right now.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#918 » by Stanford » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Mik317 wrote:why do yall even engage lol

Yeah, my fault. I lose track of which usernames are worth replying to and which aren't.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#919 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:49 am

Ive been thinking about this..

I dont think Ben is OK, personally and has the tools to be a full time PF.

This is why we constantly pair him with Tobi, Al, Dario and even Roco.

I think he wants to play full time guard at offense and defense. Which I can understand because he is an athletic Magic Johnson at the guard position while a younger Lamar Odom at the PF position.

He can be like LeBron is with the Lakers right now on offense while I find his defense against guards to be almost “best ever” at the same level of guys like Scottie Pippen. Defending the player who has the most ball time (guard) gives him best chance to get a lot of deflections that can lead to great volume of transition offense.

It’s also just checkmate for him when he’s being defended with today’s PF. The PF can sag off him while has the size to make his life tough around the rim.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,494

Post#920 » by elchengue20 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 pm

No, he can't be Lebron on offense because he can't shoot. He can be a very poor mans Lebron at best.

He CANT SHOOT at all, defense doesn't give a damn if he's more than 4ft away from the basket.I think people still doesn't understand how problematic that is for a perimeter player. Even more in the Playoffs where the other team has time to make a plan and expose that weakness.Houston just lost a series because the opposing defense let Westrbook shoot. And Westbrook is Ray Allen compared to Ben.

Also, sure Lakers and Denver play big and don't jack up 3's like crazy. But most of the time they have 4 to even 5 players who are a threat from 3 and the defense have to at least respect them. It's no coincidence that now we are seeing more of AD at the 5.I agree though that having adaptabilty and being able to play big and small is the way to go.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers