ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1021 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:26 pm

I think the team really needs a defensive shot blocking, but floor spacing center.

2 guys come to mind that could, imo, be had.

Thomas Bryant - salary 9 mill, 40% from 3 on 2 attempts per game, athletic and the tools to be a good defender.

Kanter, R.Williams and Edwards matches salaray. (give them a pick?) Or a bigger trade netting Washington Hayward giving them a three headed monster of Wall, Beal and Hayward

Naz Reid - salary 1.5 mill, 33% from 3 on 3 attempts per game, athletic, strong and a very solid defender already,.

Got a kind of Amir Johnson vibe to him, imo. and should cost next to nothing as he is at least another year away from being a starter.
100proof
Starter

Post#1022 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Washington trades:
Wall, Bryant,
Gets:
Horford, Harris, Poirier, #18

Washington loads up around Beal for a run at the playoffs, and a run to keep Beal happy. Would need to make a move for a Point Guard.

Smith
Beal
Harris
Rui
Horford

Philly trades:
Horford, Harris, Future 1st
gets:
Wall, Powell, Edwards and #26

Philly breaks up 2 long overpaid contracts and adds 1 that should fit better (when somewhat healthy at least)

Wall
Thybulle
Richardson
Simmons
Embiid

Dallas trades:
THJ, Wright, Powell, #18, #31
gets:
Hayward, Kanter and #30

Dallas sheds all long term salary commitments and improves in the short term at least with Hayward.

Boston trades:
Hayward, Kanter, Poirier, Edwards, #30 and #26
gets:
THJ, Bryant, Wright and a future first from Philly

Boston turns Hayward and some later picks into a huge bench boost now. Ideally, THJ and Wright embrace the Boston Celtics 6th man role and re-sign after the season at cheaper rate than they currently make now. Team payroll is at 132 prior to signing pick 14 and filling out roster with minimum contacts. But should be able to dodge the repeater tax. (Havent looked too hard at the numbers)

Kemba/Wright/
Smart/THJ
Brown/Romeo
Tatum/GrantW
Theis/Bryant/Timelord
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#1023 » by playa-hater » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:15 am

100proof wrote:Washington trades:
Wall, Bryant,
Gets:

Washington loads up around Beal for a run at the playoffs, and a run to keep Beal happy. Would need to make a move for a Point Guard.

Smith
Beal
Harris
Rui
Horford

Philly trades:
gets:

Philly breaks up 2 long overpaid contracts and adds 1 that should fit better (when somewhat healthy at least)

Wall
Thybulle
Richardson
Simmons
Embiid

Dallas trades:
gets:
Hayward, Kanter and #30

Dallas sheds all long term salary commitments and improves in the short term at least with Hayward.

Boston trades:
gets:

Boston turns Hayward and some later picks into a huge bench boost now. Ideally, THJ and Wright embrace the Boston Celtics 6th man role and re-sign after the season at cheaper rate than they currently make now. Team payroll is at 132 prior to signing pick 14 and filling out roster with minimum contacts. But should be able to dodge the repeater tax. (Havent looked too hard at the numbers)

Kemba/Wright/
Smart/THJ
Brown/Romeo
Tatum/GrantW
Theis/Bryant/Timelord

I really enjoy all your trade ideas. you are very creative and are talking about trades I haven't even thought of.. Keep them coming.. BUT DAMN you are over-rating GH's value.. again I must say, he has a BIG contract,is already 30, and has a bad history with being injured. NO TEAM will offer much for a player with so many red flags.

I predict, he will opt in, play this one last year, when his contract is up maybe Boston can go out and get someone good and younger.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#1024 » by Darthlukey » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:59 am

100proof wrote:I think the team really needs a defensive shot blocking, but floor spacing center.

2 guys come to mind that could, imo, be had.

Thomas Bryant - salary 9 mill, 40% from 3 on 2 attempts per game, athletic and the tools to be a good defender.

Kanter, R.Williams and Edwards matches salaray. (give them a pick?) Or a bigger trade netting Washington Hayward giving them a three headed monster of Wall, Beal and Hayward

Naz Reid - salary 1.5 mill, 33% from 3 on 3 attempts per game, athletic, strong and a very solid defender already,.

Got a kind of Amir Johnson vibe to him, imo. and should cost next to nothing as he is at least another year away from being a starter.

I would love to get Bryant, I think he is handy. But I dont know how we do it exactly. I suspect it would take more than a pick, perhaps 2, which im down with!
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#1025 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 am

Pacers get: Kemba, Semi, 26
Celtics get: Dipo (expiring), McDermott (expiring), future 1st

Magic get: Hayward (opt-in), 30
Celtics get: Gordon, Aminu, future 2nd

Hand over the keys to Tatum.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1026 » by Captain_Caveman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 am

Wiggins/#2/future Ws pick for Jaylen?

If followed up by another move to consolidate picks or move up while dumping salary?
100proof
Starter

Post#1027 » by 100proof » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 am

playa-hater wrote:
100proof wrote:Washington trades:
Wall, Bryant,
Gets:

Smith
Beal
Harris
Rui
Horford

Philly trades:
gets:

Wall
Thybulle
Richardson
Simmons
Embiid

Dallas trades:
gets:
Hayward, Kanter and #30

Boston trades:
gets:

Kemba/Wright/
Smart/THJ
Brown/Romeo
Tatum/GrantW
Theis/Bryant/Timelord

I really enjoy all your trade ideas. you are very creative and are talking about trades I haven't even thought of.. Keep them coming.. BUT DAMN you are over-rating GH's value.. again I must say, he has a BIG contract,is already 30, and has a bad history with being injured. NO TEAM will offer much for a player with so many red flags.

I predict, he will opt in, play this one last year, when his contract is up maybe Boston can go out and get someone good and younger.

Dallas fans love getting Hayward for that package.
What they want more than anything is a player like hayward, and to shed powell and Wrights contracts opening up max+ capspace.

This gives them everything they want. Thats the inly part of the deal i think is a given . Lol.
100proof
Starter

Post#1028 » by 100proof » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:43 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Pacers get: Kemba, Semi, 26

If Dipo was healthy for certain I would swap him and Kemba pretty easily, imo.

He, Smart, Brown and Tatum all starting is pretty savage defensively.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1029 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:54 pm

100proof wrote:

That was my primary reason for it. Tatum is ascending as the primary scorer so there's less need for what Kemba brings. But you still have to replace him with someone who can attack north-to-south in the half court, something neither Tatum and Brown are great at. Defensively, you no longer have a weak link. Might not even need to do the Gordon-for-Gordon trade if he's willing to sign an extension at a lower number and accept his current role. Add vets via FA (MLE & vet minimum signings).

Dipo-Brown-Tatum-Hayward-Theis
Smart-Langford-McDermott-Williams-Williams
100proof
Starter

Post#1030 » by 100proof » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Washington in: Kemba and Aaron Gordon (out Bryant, Brown Jr, Wall)
Orlando in: Tobias Harris, Romeo Langford (Out Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross)
Philly in: Wall, Eric Gordon (Out Harris, Horford)
Houston in: Horford (Out Eric Gordon)
Boston in: Bryant, Brown Jr, Ross (Out Kemba, Langford)

Washington loads up around Ball.
Kemba
Ball
Bertrans
Gordon
Wagner

Orlando loads up more wing offense
Fultz
Fournier
Harris
Isaac
Vuc

Philly balances out roster
Wall
Gordon
Richardson
Simmons
Embiid

Houston gets the perfect bigman
Westbrook
Harden
Covington
Tucker
Horford

Boston shed salary and adds more depth/youth
Smart/
Brown/Ross
Tatum/Brown Jr
Hayward/GrantW
Theis/Bryant
100proof
Starter

Post#1031 » by 100proof » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
100proof wrote:

That was my primary reason for it. Tatum is ascending as the primary scorer so there's less need for what Kemba brings. But you still have to replace him with someone who can attack north-to-south in the half court, something neither Tatum and Brown are great at. Defensively, you no longer have a weak link. Might not even need to do the Gordon-for-Gordon trade if he's willing to sign an extension at a lower number and accept his current role. Add vets via FA (MLE & vet minimum signings).

Dipo-Brown-Tatum-Hayward-Theis
Smart-Langford-McDermott-Williams-Williams

Yeah, have been thinking about having a nice breakdown defense first lead guard. Dipo, Jrue are the 2 guys that immediately come to ming for that. I think Dipo is better at breaking down defenses and finding a shot though. Be really good to have someone who can do that.

Smart is almost that guy...but not there yet. In that proposed, I personally think I would still start smart and use Hayward in the Boston Super 6th man role where he can spell off 3 positions.

Dipo-smart-brown-tatum-theis

Also Hayward is still a perfectly viable trade option moving forward for a theis upgrade and depth, should it become available. You should post that Kemba for Dipo trade on the trade board. Wonder what other posters think of it.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#1032 » by Ernest » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:35 pm

Not really a trade idea but just a thought. There are 4 former Celtics that I would love to have back that have contracts ending and probably are not going to get a huge pay day. from shortest to tallest: Rondo, Bradley, Crowder and Baynes. I'm guessing we'd only have the MLE and vet min to use right? Rondo and AB are already on min deals, so to get them back would just be convincing them to come back. I'm not sure what kind of payday Baynes is looking for but probably not over the MLE. I think those 3 left on good terms and might be able to be talked into coming home. Then there is Crowder. Is he still mad at us? Has he played his was into a bigger than MLE contract? I wonder if he could be talked into ever coming back.

With the team short on depth right now, why not look to some of our former players for next year?
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1033 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Random Almost-Midnight Thought: What if Kawhi quit on the Clippers mid-series and thought he'd like to join KD and Kyrie in Brooklyn instead? His advisor and confidante Uncle Dennis lives there (or is he in LA now too?). What if he does to LAC what he did to the Spurs and demand a trade this offseason?

We'll be screwed if this happens. I should just sleep and not think about these things.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#1034 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 pm

BOS/SAC/DET deal. There are spare parts and picks involved but the crux of it is:

SAC deals Harrison Barnes, COry Joseph and Bjelica for Hayward/Kanter
DET deals Snell for Cory Joseph
We deal Hayward/Kanter for Barnes/Snell/Bjelica

Use the tax payers MLE on DJ Augustine who comes to try for a ring with old teammate Kemba

Augustine is a career 38% shooter from 3 on good volume... better than Wanamaker. Admittedly worse defender though.
Snell is career 39% on good volume... way better than Semi. And Snell is still a good defender.
Bjelica is career 39%... obviously better than Kanter. Better defender but not saying much.
Barnes is as good a shooter as Hayward. Better defender but we trade the playmaking (which we have already from others so it's fine)

Kemba /Augustine
Brown / Smart
Tatum / Snell
Barnes / G Williams
Theis / Bjelica / R Williams

The shooting on this team is MASSIVELY improved. No more of this teams playing zone vs us. We'll be able to consistently make teams pay and we're overall as good defensively.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#1035 » by djFan71 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Spoiler:
hugepatsfan wrote:BOS/SAC/DET deal. There are spare parts and picks involved but the crux of it is:

SAC deals Harrison Barnes, COry Joseph and Bjelica for Hayward/Kanter
DET deals Snell for Cory Joseph
We deal Hayward/Kanter for Barnes/Snell/Bjelica

Use the tax payers MLE on DJ Augustine who comes to try for a ring with old teammate Kemba

Augustine is a career 38% shooter from 3 on good volume... better than Wanamaker. Admittedly worse defender though.
Snell is career 39% on good volume... way better than Semi. And Snell is still a good defender.
Bjelica is career 39%... obviously better than Kanter. Better defender but not saying much.
Barnes is as good a shooter as Hayward. Better defender but we trade the playmaking (which we have already from others so it's fine)

Kemba /Augustine
Brown / Smart
Tatum / Snell
Barnes / G Williams
Theis / Bjelica / R Williams

The shooting on this team is MASSIVELY improved. No more of this teams playing zone vs us. We'll be able to consistently make teams pay and we're overall as good defensively.

I like the framework, I just can't get past Gordon going to SAC.

You could invoke the standard DAL trick and THJ/Wright go to SAC instead. And we get 18.
https://tradenba.com/trades/LkQrDrprH

Then do a separate Bjelica trade with SAC/POR with Kanter going to POR TPE and Kings get 26 and send POR a 2nd.
https://tradenba.com/trades/6ilSngrBR

We end up with same players, Gordon in a better spot, and we have 14 & 18 in the draft.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#1036 » by soxfan2003 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:27 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Random Almost-Midnight Thought: What if Kawhi quit on the Clippers mid-series and thought he'd like to join KD and Kyrie in Brooklyn instead? His advisor and confidante Uncle Dennis lives there (or is he in LA now too?). What if he does to LAC what he did to the Spurs and demand a trade this offseason?

We'll be screwed if this happens. I should just sleep and not think about these things.

Honestly properly built the younger Celtics may be able to beat KD/aging Leonard and Kyrie Irving. Before you think that is silly, Jokic and Murray just beat Leonard and Paul George. There is just one basketball and tough to know for sure if KD is even a top 15 basketball player after his injury. Yes, he can still shoot and still tall with a long reach. But he is getting up there in years and coming off an injury that is worse than an ACL injury for most players. KD is a special player because of his ability to drive so well to the basket for a player of his height. If that skill is diminished in a major way and he struggles to move real well on defense, his days of being a legit superstar in the playoffs may be over. KD was in the perfect situation with the Warriors so that probably hid some physical decline with defenses scared to death of Curry/Klay.

Kyrie Irving I am not worried at all about.

I also think Leonard is not a dumb guy even though he made a horrible decision in forcing the Clippers hand to do the Paul George trade. When Lebron joined the Lakers, he didn't force them to get Anthony Davis before joining the team. Lebron had patience.

Thing is Leonard will never be able to show his face in LA if he asks out before the end of next year. I will almost go further than that and say Leonard will have a tough time leaving the Clippers even after next year because he played GM. If you play GM, you really risk massive wrath from the fans. I realize Clippers don't have tons of fans but they have some.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#1037 » by BK_2020 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Why are Boston fans so eager to get rid of Hayward for worse players? I mean, people out here talking about getting Bjelica and Barnes or THJ LMAO. Literally none of those guys are worth one year of Hayward.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#1038 » by djFan71 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:21 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Why are Boston fans so eager to get rid of Hayward for worse players? I mean, people out here talking about getting Bjelica and Barnes or THJ LMAO. Literally none of those guys are worth one year of Hayward.

People can understand he's the best player in the trade and still explore other options.
People can also hope someone's first post on a forum would be less jerky and have more substance.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#1039 » by BK_2020 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 pm

A contending team doesn't trade someone of Hayward's calibre for replacement level players like Harrison Barnes and THJ. If Boston wanted a poo poo platter of mediocre to bad players they can just resign or pick up the options of Semi, Javonte, Waters, what not.
Why would you explore the option of trading Hayward for three Semis?
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,351

Post#1040 » by reload141 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:50 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Wiggins/#2/future Ws pick for Jaylen?

If followed up by another move to consolidate picks or move up while dumping salary?

If there’s one person who can make Wiggins play D it’s Marcus Smart.

He could teach Wiggins

Return to Boston Celtics