Paul George, Montrezl Harrell Had Heated Verbal Exchange During Game 2

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Paul George, Montrezl Harrell Had Heated Verbal Exchange During Game 2 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 pm

Paul George and Montrezl Harrell got into a heated verbal exchange during a timeout of Game 2, league sources tell Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.

George committed two careless turnovers in less than a minute early in the second quarter, leading to a timeout by the Clippers. Harrell approached George about the risky pass to him while he was surrounded by Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr. George didn't take responsibility and argued the pass could have been caught by Harrell.

Harrell responded with something along the lines of, “You’re always right. Nobody can tell you nothing,” and expletives were uttered from both players, sources said.

The incident deescalated as teammates clapped and Doc Rivers took his seat to go over the game plan. 

George was also the only player on the Clippers to convey the sentiment that this wasn't a championship or bust type of season for the team.

“I think internally, we always felt this was not a championship or bust year for us,” said George.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

dickfox
Senior
And1: 521

Re: Paul George, Montrezl Harrell Had Heated Verbal Exchange During Game 2 

Post#2 » by dickfox » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:37 pm

Paul George is becoming really unlikeable...
OnFire
Junior
And1: 27

Post#3 » by OnFire » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 pm

PG exposing himself as nothing more than an overpriced, un-clutch, big-mouth diva. :noway:
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#4 » by anatomicbomb » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:16 pm

When he was looking like an MVP candidate with the Pacers I never thought he could fall this far.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#5 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:55 am

It deserved to be written but that's a very small story.

It doesn't change the outcome of the series.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#6 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:41 am

anatomicbomb wrote:When he was looking like an MVP candidate with the Pacers I never thought he could fall this far.

biggest mistake he made, call himself "playoff p" and try to join forces with other stars.

if he goes to the clippers/lakers before lebron and kawhi do, and plays like he plays he doesnt get nearly as much **** as he gets now. so much more pressure on him and he obviously cant handle pressure very well.

thats what PG originally wanted to do in free agency go home to LA, but then he got traded to okc and signed an extension, for the reason to give it another chance only to then ask for a trade to the clippers. that dude is exactly like me, doesnt know what he wants LOL
im bout dat action boss
mjvile
Senior
And1: 52

Post#7 » by mjvile » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:48 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:When he was looking like an MVP candidate with the Pacers I never thought he could fall this far.

biggest mistake he made, call himself "playoff p" and try to join forces with other stars.

if he goes to the clippers/lakers before lebron and kawhi do, and plays like he plays he doesnt get nearly as much **** as he gets now. so much more pressure on him and he obviously cant handle pressure very well.

thats what PG originally wanted to do in free agency go home to LA, but then he got traded to okc and signed an extension, for the reason to give it another chance only to then ask for a trade to the clippers. that dude is exactly like me, doesnt know what he wants LOL

The only thing he know he wants is money! With those remarks about not being a championship or bust year, you know it’s not a priority for him. Every year you play in the NBA should be a championship year!
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#8 » by anatomicbomb » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

mjvile wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:

The only thing he know he wants is money! With those remarks about not being a championship or bust year, you know it’s not a priority for him. Every year you play in the NBA should be a championship year!

And surely he hates realizing he's now, at best, #2 on a team that lost, and played so poorly that someone making one tenth of his salary is calling him out. Beat up on Granger in practice his first few years he was that guy, and now he's Granger.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.

Return to Wiretap Discussion