Your best offering for delon wright?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Your best offering for delon wright? 

Post#1 » by Pinkyring » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:28 am

Good player but not a Carlisle and everybody knows rick plays his favorites and jerks around everybody else, we could u big wing that could defend or an expiring to clear 21 money. Nothing is off the table but luka. Please don't bother posting a thad young deal, though i love it and it makes the most sense, its been beat to death
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Your best offering for delon wright? 

Post#2 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:14 am

Dinwiddie for Wright/18.

Think this makes sense only as part of a 3+ team deal from Brooklyn's end, where maybe a team dealing their star prefers a draft pick to Dinwiddie.

I honestly feel this value is light for Dinwiddie on paper, but again, can see it as part of a bigger trade.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#3 » by Pinkyring » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:21 am

Pass on dinwiddie, he doesn't provide any on court value sonce he's a volume scorer and he doesn't defend
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#4 » by patman66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:50 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Dinwiddie for Wright/18.

Think this makes sense only as part of a 3+ team deal from Brooklyn's end, where maybe a team dealing their star prefers a draft pick to Dinwiddie.

I honestly feel this value is light for Dinwiddie on paper, but again, can see it as part of a bigger trade.

you think Dinwiddie is worth more than the 18th? He won't even be on the nets this time next year IMO. This doesn't do anything for dallas 2021

I think philly would take him for Smith and Scott.
The wiz for Wagner and Smith
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:56 am

Schroder, Nader for Wright, Jackson, 18
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 am

To get an expiring they'll need to include incentive. I'd do Wright + 31 for Ed Davis + Nigel Williams Goss. If they want to add a useful player, they'll need to include the 18th pick, and as a Jazz fan, I wouldn't change any of our wings for that.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#7 » by drosereturn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:27 am

patman66 wrote:

you think Dinwiddie is worth more than the 18th? He won't even be on the nets this time next year IMO. This doesn't do anything for dallas 2021

Din has more value than the 18th as someone who wants both him and Levert for #4 and expirings.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#8 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 am

green/cook/28th for Wright/jackson/18th
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#9 » by jpengland » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:45 am

We would snap Brooklyns hand off.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by patman66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 pm

drosereturn wrote:
patman66 wrote:

Din has more value than the 18th as someone who wants both him and Levert for #4 and expirings.

The 4th pick? why he is a chucker that like levine does not play D. He shoots at a .300 clip for threes and .47 for overall.
Levert has played more than 2/3rds of a season once going back 6 years to college. His eff is just as bad as Dinwiddie although he shoots 3s a little better, his problem is that he can not stay on the court for even 72 games. to each his own.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#11 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:04 pm

patman66 wrote:
drosereturn wrote:
patman66 wrote:

The 4th pick? why he is a chucker that like levine does not play D. He shoots at a .300 clip for threes and .47 for overall.
Levert has played more than 2/3rds of a season once going back 6 years to college. His eff is just as bad as Dinwiddie although he shoots 3s a little better, his problem is that he can not stay on the court for even 72 games. to each his own.

Dinwiddie isn't inefficient, stop spreading false narrative. He had a poor year shooting from 3 when once again overextended in his role due to injuries, but he was still about average efficiency wise. He isn't a chucker. He can shoot the ball spotting up as well. If Dinwiddie was signed to the extension Caris is, he'd be garnering top 7 pick value all over the place. He's an above average starting caliber player who can fit next to a high usage option and although he's not a good defender, he isn't a bad one. He's only 27, just starting his dead prime, is a way underrated athlete and has solid BBIQ. He'd be a perennial 6MOY candidate on the right team, this would include Brooklyn if they wind up dealing LeVert.

I actually think he'd be the absolute picture perfect fit next to Luka, they'd play off each other very well and Dinwiddie could control the floor when Doncic is on the bench as well, so you can pair them or stagger them. Jrue would be better, but he's also going to be 31 and will probably be more expensive to re-sign and more likely to leave, let alone Dallas wouldn't have the assets to get him right now.

Calling LeVert inefficient is fair, he is. Spencer Dinwiddie is not. And Dinwiddie doesn't need to dominate the ball like Caris.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#12 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Pass on dinwiddie, he doesn't provide any on court value sonce he's a volume scorer and he doesn't defend

As my post above I disagree, he seems like a perfect pairing with Luka. And he's going to opt out after this season anyway, so if anything he's a useful expiring, which is essentially what you asked for.

You get a year to get a look at a legitimately good player, if you like the pairing, you make a good effort to re-sign him. If you are looking for bigger fish to fry next off-season, he's a great rental.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#13 » by aguiar95 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 pm

I'm thorn between Wright/#31 for a end of the bench expiring or Wright/#18 for a rotation player. Depends on who's there at #18.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#14 » by HornetJail » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Assuming we're able to move Rozier elsewhere, and we're not drafting a PG, I would be happy to take #31+Wright into cap space, and Dallas would get a $9M TPE to work with, and extra cap relief for their 2021 offseason.

If they want to completely get rid of their bad contracts and go into 2021 wth as much cap space as possible, I'd offer Batum's expiring+our late 2nd (#56) and probably a future 2nd for #18+#31+Powell+Wright+Jackson
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#15 » by Pinkyring » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:42 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Pass on dinwiddie, he doesn't provide any on court value sonce he's a volume scorer and he doesn't defend

As my post above I disagree, he seems like a perfect pairing with Luka. And he's going to opt out after this season anyway, so if anything he's a useful expiring, which is essentially what you asked for.

You get a year to get a look at a legitimately good player, if you like the pairing, you make a good effort to re-sign him. If you are looking for bigger fish to fry next off-season, he's a great rental.

No I asked for a big wing that can defend not a big chucker guard that can't. Not giving a first to shave 1 yr off a good players contract and bkn probably wouldn't take 31 so there's no deal here
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by patman66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:43 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:

well then dallas is given the 18th for one year of Dinwiddie over delon? How does that make sense. I just don't think he is worth a mid first in this context. If a team was looking to keep him, the trades makes more sense, but Dallas is looking for a big fish and how much would they want to pay Dinwiddie as the 3rd wheel. Now for Powell this makes sense.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#17 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

No I asked for a big wing that can defend not a big chucker guard that can't. Not giving a first to shave 1 yr off a good players contract and bkn probably wouldn't take 31 so there's no deal here

I just find it hysterical you call Wright a good player and take a dump on Dinwiddie, when he's the obvious vastly superior player.

I also find it funny when posters on here speak as if they're the real life GM and other posters are the real life opposing GM. "Not giving a first to shave 1 yr off a good players contract and bkn probably wouldn't take 31 so there's no deal here"

I get it's implied we're speaking in our own opinion, but Idk haha.

Irl Dallas would likely snap this up so fast your head would spin.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#18 » by Pinkyring » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:As my post above I disagree, he seems like a perfect pairing with Luka. And he's going to opt out after this season anyway, so if anything he's a useful expiring, which is essentially what you asked for.

I just find it hysterical you call Wright a good player and take a dump on Dinwiddie, when he's the obvious vastly superior player.

I also find it funny when posters on here speak as if they're the real life GM and other posters are the real life opposing GM. "Not giving a first to shave 1 yr off a good players contract and bkn probably wouldn't take 31 so there's no deal here"

I get it's implied we're speaking in our own opinion, but Idk haha.

Irl Dallas would likely snap this up so fast your head would spin.

Didnt say dinwiddie sucks i simply said he's a volume scoring chucking guard that cant shoot or defend and maybe that works for some teams just not Dallas
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#19 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:54 pm

patman66 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

well then dallas is given the 18th for one year of Dinwiddie over delon? How does that make sense. I just don't think he is worth a mid first in this context. If a team was looking to keep him, the trades makes more sense, but Dallas is looking for a big fish and how much would they want to pay Dinwiddie as the 3rd wheel. Now for Powell this makes sense.

I mean although it's probably an overpay to ship out the 18 to deal Wright, right now, the 31 probably isn't getting it done either, unless the expiring coming back is someone relatively worthless.

Wright is an OK minute eater, he's solid, but he's not a needle mover at all.

Like I was saying, Dinwiddie would give them a good player, who in theory is a good fit with Luka and see how it works this season and would be a great fallback if they can't land a big fish the following season.

Idk, you, pinky and me have differing opinions on this one obviously. I'd never want my team to do this one as a Nets fan, as a standalone trade. The only way I'd even see Marks offering this, is part of a 3+ team trade for a guy like Jrue, Beal, etc., if that team preferred the 18th pick to a player like Dinwiddie who makes more sense to a playoff team, not one in the beginning stages of a rebuild. I just figure a team like Dallas would be all over an opportunity like that.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#20 » by Pinkyring » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:58 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
patman66 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:As my post above I disagree, he seems like a perfect pairing with Luka. And he's going to opt out after this season anyway, so if anything he's a useful expiring, which is essentially what you asked for.

I mean although it's probably an overpay to ship out the 18 to deal Wright, right now, the 31 probably isn't getting it done either, unless the expiring coming back is someone relatively worthless.

Wright is an OK minute eater, he's solid, but he's not a needle mover at all.

Like I was saying, Dinwiddie would give them a good player, who in theory is a good fit with Luka and see how it works this season and would be a great fallback if they can't land a big fish the following season.

Idk, you, pinky and me have differing opinions on this one obviously. I'd never want my team to do this one as a Nets fan, as a standalone trade. The only way I'd even see Marks offering this, is part of a 3+ team trade for a guy like Jrue, Beal, etc., if that team preferred the 18th pick to a player like Dinwiddie who makes more sense to a playoff team, not one in the beginning stages of a rebuild. I just figure a team like Dallas would be all over an opportunity like that.

Sheesh why are you d riding dinwiddie so much, if you have such a love affair with him then why propose this trade, just let it go dude

Return to Trades and Transactions