ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread *UPDATES*

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread 

Post#121 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 pm

nabbs wrote:Everyone has to readjust their plans. Pascal's 2nd team nod means we lose 3 mil in cap space.

We are down to 17 mil to resign Fred. Anything else is over the cap

I don’t doubt they’d go over the cap to sign him, if anything this hurts our bench in 21
JokicToMurray
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#122 » by JokicToMurray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Hey guys! Put together a nice little Raptors off season primer. Check it out and let me know your thoughts. I think it's going to be a very interesting off season in Toronto.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#123 » by Mikistan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:36 pm

I love Lowry
I love what Fred brings and think he can grow as a playmaker/floor general/better in the clutch with time in Lowry's role

But i am over the 2-undersized point guard teams.

Fred is better as an off ball shooter on critical actions so it is what it is

Norm i think can benefit from more consistent minutes and can start at SG NOT SF - on a value deal and produce

Ibaka is tough to let go, but he deserves more money than we can give him and he makes too many mistakes to be consistent number 3 guy on this team.

OG needs minutes at the 2, 3, 4, and 5 next season and needs to keep developing as a playmaker.

Lowry may get traded in the end, as much as he is a guy who should retire his jersey with us, we already gave him the 30M sunset deal, it all depends on if he wants to leave to a contender after next year anyway
KillaSham23
Junior
And1: 251

Post#124 » by KillaSham23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 am

Horford is almost unplayable, so we're trading our heart and soul for 21st and a role player? Oof

dalton749 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
polo007 wrote:
Bryan Hayes, Jamie McLennan and Jeff O’Neill are joined by TSN Basketball Insider Jack Armstrong to get his take on what the future is for some of the Raptors major free-agent players.

If Vanvleet isn't taking $15M per then its better to sign and trade him. I really don't want to waste time with one year deal for Ibaka either. This team needs a C for the present and future and I don't think its worth the risk for Ibaka to not cash in on what has been the greatest couple of years in his career. The only way you bring back Ibaka and Vanvleet is if they're signing reasonably priced deals AND the intent is to trade them.

Marc is done and if we're going to try to keep him on a cheap deal, we would be better served making that offer to Giles, Noel or Hernangomez. Really, the only thing I'd be offering Gasol is the veterans minimum as a third string C.

I really, really think we should be exploring the trade market seriously for Turner, Oladipo and Holiday.

I'd also think really hard about that TOR-GSW-PHI deal. We aren't going to get more than that for Lowry, he gets to finish his career at home and we have a pick and scoring wing to help us through the rebuild OR to be traded for the next available superstar.

I really don’t want to take on wiggins. I would rather just deal with philly directly and do Lowry for horford, thybulle, 21st pick or something along those lines.

Lowry is happy going to philly and maybe they consider hiring Adrian Griffin or one of our guys as the next coach.

We get a solid Center to fill in the hole, can pay fvv and hopefully ibaka then take the training wheels off of norm, TD, OG And see what we’ve got, along with a few other draft picks that would be coming in.
Rust_Cohle
Starter
And1: 2,226

Post#125 » by Rust_Cohle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:31 am

No way Lowry gets traded. Seriously!?
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#126 » by 720 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:46 am

nabbs wrote:Everyone has to readjust their plans. Pascal's 2nd team nod means we lose 3 mil in cap space.

We're obviously going over the cap. Retaining both Ibaka and Fred would do that. Heck Ibaka and another roleplayer will do that.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,447

Post#127 » by mtcan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:52 am

Rust_Cohle wrote:No way Lowry gets traded. Seriously!?

Posted this in the other trade thread but this fits here too...

Interesting...on The Jump today...Uncle Perk said something about there being rumors of Kyle Lowry getting to go to Philly...

Perk also mentioned NY in the same breath. Perk obviously isn't looking at the draft order...but he mentioned the possibility of Toronto landing Lamelo Ball. Ball isn't falling to NY's pick but it would imply that perhaps NY's #8 pick could be involved.

Could it be something like Ben Simmons to NY, #8 and other stuff to Toronto and Kyle and stuff to Philly?
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#128 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:22 am

mtcan wrote:

Interesting...on The Jump today...Uncle Perk said something about there being rumors of Kyle Lowry getting to go to Philly...

Perk also mentioned NY in the same breath. Perk obviously isn't looking at the draft order...but he mentioned the possibility of Toronto landing Lamelo Ball. Ball isn't falling to NY's pick but it would imply that perhaps NY's #8 pick could be involved.

Could it be something like Ben Simmons to NY, #8 and other stuff to Toronto and Kyle and stuff to Philly?

Only way Lowry leaves is if its a mutual agreement and if we get a franchise changing deal sort of like the Lamelo one you mentioned. I'm sure Embiid and him would wreck havoc for at least a year.
Read
kingcns187
Senior
And1: 648

Post#129 » by kingcns187 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:49 pm

mtcan wrote:

This makes the most sense IMO. Simmons and Embiid need to be split, Kyle would be the perfect fit for them to make a run next year and + he is friends with all of those guys (harris, kyle oquinn) Simmons to NYK where he would be on broadway and in the spotlight with a young team like RJ and Mitch Rob, they are just a vet away from squeaking into the playoffs.

If I am the raps I want Elfrid Payton and their #8 pick. Payton is an expiring 8mil contract and is a solid defender at the Guard position which Nurse will appreciate. I trust Masai to draft well at #8 and we can re-sign fred for his market value of $22mil

But this obviously depends on what Kyle wants to do. Does he want to retire in Toronto or Philly. Will he do a 1+1 to end his career?
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#130 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 pm

kingcns187 wrote:
mtcan wrote:

This makes the most sense IMO. Simmons and Embiid need to be split, Kyle would be the perfect fit for them to make a run next year and + he is friends with all of those guys (harris, kyle oquinn) Simmons to NYK where he would be on broadway and in the spotlight with a young team like RJ and Mitch Rob, they are just a vet away from squeaking into the playoffs.

If I am the raps I want Elfrid Payton and their #8 pick. Payton is an expiring 8mil contract and is a solid defender at the Guard position which Nurse will appreciate. I trust Masai to draft well at #8 and we can re-sign fred for his market value of $22mil

But this obviously depends on what Kyle wants to do. Does he want to retire in Toronto or Philly. Will he do a 1+1 to end his career?

If we're giving up our franchise to a division rival we're getting way more than the #8 in a weak draft and a back-up point guard. We're getting RJ + #8, and Philly is giving up Simmons to get Lowry.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,099

Post#131 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:22 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:... Philly is giving up Simmons to get Lowry.

No doubt, but after the Raps crappy shooting performance against the Celtics, there is zero chance that Masai would bring Simmons here. He'd be going to a third team. If it's GSW, Wiggins come back would end the Giannis speculation, unless Bucks would take him as part of a sign and trade.

It all comes down to whether Giannis takes the supermax. And so we wait.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#132 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:51 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:

I don’t doubt they’d go over the cap to sign him, if anything this hurts our bench in 21

Which means we sign Ibaka to his last big deal at 16/ x4. 64 mil. Gasol is gone and RHJ and maybe Boucher comes back after we move out McCaw and/or Stanley. Fred we going to have to S+T unless we trade KL...
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#133 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:54 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Which means we sign Ibaka to his last big deal at 16/ x4. 64 mil. Gasol is gone and RHJ and maybe Boucher comes back after we move out McCaw and/or Stanley. Fred we going to have to S+T unless we trade KL...

im not big on Serge, im fine with paying him for 1 year or letting him walk but im not willing to commit past that
MFS
Analyst
And1: 5,327

Post#134 » by MFS » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Is this a good move?
Credit to Turbo_Zone

Casey again says, "I don't think someone dominated us, I wouldn't use that word."
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#135 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:35 pm

MFS wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is this a good move?

No, and also, we get attached to everyone. The Raptors rarely leak, so consider the source.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#136 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:37 pm

MFS wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is this a good move?

depends on the money I guess. I'm not really a fan of Harrell at all.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#137 » by UneducatedFan86 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:24 pm

Pascal's 3% salary increase and the cap going down by nearly 15mil next year is pretty rough on us.

2021 - OG and Davis are up for extensions. I believe Powell also has a PO and could opt-out.

So you have to take those things into account when it comes to anything that happens this offseason. That's why I think it will be tough to re-sign Fred for anything above 20 mil. Ibaka might sign a short deal but I think he might take a longer deal with a bit less AAV. That would put more pressure on our 2021 plans.

OG is likely going to make around 10-15mil. Davis could take a Fred like deal (2 years @9mil/10mil). Pascal's contract that year will be over 30mil. So, that is nearly 60mil. If Fred gets anything over 20mil, you're looking at potentially 90mil for Fred, Pascal, OG, and Davis without factoring in any other salaries we have on the books. Which means we wouldn't be players for any top FA in 2021.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#138 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:47 pm

I'm pretty certain Powell played his last game in a Raptors uniform.
His last play was getting rejected by Smart on a fastbreak.

I'm gonna miss Norm. :[
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#139 » by LJKO » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:27 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I'm pretty certain Powell played his last game in a Raptors uniform.

:cry:
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#140 » by 720 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:22 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I'm pretty certain Powell played his last game in a Raptors uniform.

Why do you think we’re trading norm?

Return to Toronto Raptors