Image ImageImage Image

It's early, but Already Time to show COBY WHITE some Appreciation in Chicago

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Re: It's early, but Already Time to show COBY WHITE some Appreciation in Chicago 

Post#61 » by drosereturn » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:16 pm

My rule of thumb is Harden, Dame, Steph are the minimim level as a pg. These guys are close to avg but they make up with their Great scoring.
If your even below, I dont expect any team to become serious contenders since your bottom 10 offensively.
Pure pgs are the best alternative but theres also no reason why you cannot be aggressive as Rose wall and also score 20 a game.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Re: It's early, but Already Time to show COBY WHITE some Appreciation in Chicago 

Post#62 » by drosereturn » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Checked all 30 teams and Bulls literally have the worst playmakers tied with Knicks and Cleveland.
These teams are literally the worst teams for years if not decades bc they dont have a great playmaker, nor willing passers.
At least Garland, RJ have been Great playmakers in college so they will develop by themselves but White is just a poor kid lost in a tunnel shouting CP3s name. Not only that hes going to ruin his career bc he has no one to learn from.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#63 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:53 am

Among all rookies Coby was 2nd in points scored, 3rd in total assists. That only translated to 2.7 assists per game but in Feb & March when he was really given a chance he averaged 5.1 assists per game - 5.1 was what Cory Joseph and George Hill averaged over the whole season.

If you still think the Bulls are in dire need of a playmaking point guard you're welcome to your opinion. But I'd rather see the Bulls draft a forward - Okongwu or Toppin - to give all our point guards including Coby more targets.

Whatever you think the Bulls should do in the draft we should definitely appreciate Coby more. He had a fantastic rookie season in some of the worst possible circumstances.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#64 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:07 am

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:Among all rookies Coby was 2nd in points scored, 3rd in total assists. That only translated to 2.7 assists per game but in Feb & March when he was really given a chance he averaged 5.1 assists per game - 5.1 was what Cory Joseph and George Hill averaged over the whole season.

If you still think the Bulls are in dire need of a playmaking point guard you're welcome to your opinion. But I'd rather see the Bulls draft a forward - Okongwu or Toppin - to give all our point guards including Coby more targets.

Whatever you think the Bulls should do in the draft we should definitely appreciate Coby more. He had a fantastic rookie season in some of the worst possible circumstances.

As his offensive game develops I can see more playmaking opportunities open up for him. He has that step back and he can get to the hole. I don't think its a stretch to believe he can develop into a Harden type PG. Him with Toppin would be a great young duo to build around.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

It's early, but Already Time to show COBY WHITE some Appreciation in Chicago 

Post#65 » by BigUps » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:10 am

Watching Jamal Murray and thinking that Coby could turn into something like him. That would be the guy I’d try to turn him into. A version of Murray.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#66 » by ImSlower » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:14 am

BigUps wrote:Watching Jamal Murray and thinking that Coby could turn into something like him. That would be the guy I’d try to turn him into. A version of Murray.

I still think about how cool it would be if Coby and Zach developed a well-coordinated 2 man game out there. Both guys would have to bend their own games a bit to really work best with each other, but I really do think it could work. Coby as a ball dominant creator / hard screener a la Murray, and Zach ready off-ball with a lot of JJ Redick style hustling to get an open 3, or weakside drive. Throw in one more wing shooter with good passing (wake up, Lauri, or fade into obscurity) and we could have such a damn fun offense.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#67 » by Jcool0 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 10:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#68 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:17 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds about right. Pretty good to have nabbed the 5th best rookie in the class at 7 and I think he can surpass Nunn and become the 4th best
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#69 » by Just_Bullz » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:54 pm

All rookie second team.

One of the few bright spots for the organisation.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,043

Post#70 » by FriedRise » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#71 » by Pax for Prez » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 am

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Congrats Coby !! Hope he keeps on improving and working hard !
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#72 » by Just_Bullz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:06 am

He is the team's Jamal Murray and hopefully be his own man when it's all said and done.

I have high expectations for this kid. He has it.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#73 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 am

Watching him grow alongside Zach is going to be fun to watch.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,043

Post#74 » by FriedRise » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:47 pm

Read on Twitter

The difference between pre and post All Star break was pretty night and day for Coby White, but I'm glad to hear that he did play with that chip on his shoulder after not making the Rising Stars game.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#75 » by ZOMG » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 am

MrFortune3 wrote:Watching him grow alongside Zach is going to be fun to watch.

You just described my nightmare.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#76 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:02 am

ZOMG wrote:

You'll get over it.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by drosereturn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:44 pm

ZOMG wrote:

Lolz. Another 4 yrs of painful growing. Man do I really have to rewatch the same boring scenario thats been going on for 3 yrs?
Why cant they just ship everyone and make it more entertaining? This team somehow became orphanage for 6thman type players.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#78 » by Jcool0 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:50 pm

drosereturn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

Lolz. Another 4 yrs of painful growing. Man do I really have to rewatch the same boring scenario thats been going on for 3 yrs?
Why cant they just ship everyone and make it more entertaining? This team somehow became orphanage for 6thman type players.

You do know you dont have to watch basketball right?
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#79 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:52 pm

drosereturn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

Lol it’s going to be better than watching Sato scrub ass pass the ball off and stand in the corner praying that he don’t have to shoot. Or him getting his ankles broke by Collin Freakin Sexton. Collin Sexton looked like Hot sauce that game when the bulls played the cavs. I was waiting for that announcer to come out saying “oh baby, oh baby!! Devonte Graham was lighting Sato up like a Christmas tree also. Sato was the worst starting point guard in the league last year. Any pg will be an upgrade from Sato.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#80 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:02 pm

drosereturn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

No matter who gets drafted, outside of maybe Wiseman, the player you take is going to need seasoning before getting a defined role.
This regime is going to be all about player development and that's a slow process in the NBA these days due to college teams having poor systems, platooning, players doing just enough to get ready for the draft and guys not being able to adjust early on.

Then we are about to go back to HS players being able to jump to the NBA and others going through the G-League select process.
If you're trying to draft a NBA ready player and not put any work into them, it's a bad time to be a fan. :lol:

Return to Chicago Bulls