Clippers Could Upgrade Roster Via Trade Taking On Long-Term Money

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Re: Clippers Could Upgrade Roster Via Trade Taking On Long-Term Money 

Post#41 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 pm

moocow007 wrote:Could they Clips do a sign and trade involve Harrell for someone that would be considered an upgrade? That's their best semi available asset.

Sign and trades are typically done to help facilitate the other team that wants the free agent but doesn't have cap space to sign him outright. Harrell's FA value has decreased over the course of the playoffs, I don't think he's such a big money signing that teams are going to need help to acquire him.

It could be say a capped-out contender who thinks he can be a nice energy big, but such a team seems unlikely to want to part with a significant player just to get Harrell.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#42 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Kurtz wrote:Paul? Wall? Both?

Chris Paul? He's 35 and owed $85 M

John Wall is more interesting and 30, but he's injury prone and has the scary 3 yrs/$133 M contract.

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#43 » by Oncloud9 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Upgrade is under stating the job. Complete roster make over is a more apt description of the task to trade out the malcontents and put a better supporting cast around Kwahi. There are very few bad long term contracts available for what the Clips have. Outside of NYK, Chi-town or Det I don't see too options for trading partners for what the Clips have. It wont be so much about getting better talent as addition by subtraction

Possibly a Lavine for Harrell/Beverly.
Possibly Taj/Portis for Morris/Lou Will
Possibly Rose for Lou Will or Harrell

I'm not sure PG13 is moveable for the value of his contract.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#44 » by eitanr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Kevin Love maybe?
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#45 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 am

I think the Clippers should look into trading for Rozier. I'm not sure if the Hornets would be interested in Beverley so perhaps a three team trade could work.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#46 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 am

Oncloud9 wrote:Upgrade is under stating the job. Complete roster make over is a more apt description of the task to trade out the malcontents and put a better supporting cast around Kwahi. There are very few bad long term contracts available for what the Clips have. Outside of NYK, Chi-town or Det I don't see too options for trading partners for what the Clips have. It wont be so much about getting better talent as addition by subtraction

Possibly a Lavine for Harrell/Beverly.
Possibly Taj/Portis for Morris/Lou Will
Possibly Rose for Lou Will or Harrell

I'm not sure PG13 is moveable for the value of his contract.

Plus the Clippers gave up so much for PG13 to begin with so moving him a year later would look soooo bad.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#47 » by Metallikid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:27 am

Somehow turn Beverley and Lou into Jrue Holiday.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#48 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:20 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:Giannis is going to ink a 1-year MLE then extend at Super Max in Summer '21.

I approve this message. :lol:

You both know that's not possible right.. Even if Giannis inked an MLE he couldnt then sign a super max even a ma contract would have to 100% come out of there cap.. I know your joking but at least get the math to work..
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#49 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:Giannis is going to ink a 1-year MLE then extend at Super Max in Summer '21.

I approve this message. :lol:

You both know that's not possible right.. Even if Giannis inked an MLE he couldnt then sign a super max even a ma contract would have to 100% come out of there cap.. I know your joking but at least get the math to work..

If you’re gonna joke then may as well reach for the sky. :lol:

How about- let’s sign Giannis to MLE and then extend at 4 years $40M after that
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#50 » by Cassius » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:16 pm

All the Clips need to do is sign a competent point guard to actually run the offense. DJ Augustin for the MLE would be just fine and while he's no Pat Bev, he's not a sieve either.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion