ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers For Life

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Gascon Kurt
Ballboy
And1: 3

Clippers For Life 

Post#1 » by Gascon Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:49 am

This season is a very unexpected one. We didn’t see the coming of Kawhi and Paul George, then the fan base grew, we upgraded the bench, we broke records and we really had a good run. But this year’s Playoffs is not the one we expected. Our guys almost fell to the Mavs and we blew a 3-1 lead at the second round. But this season is a test: WHO’S REAL? WHO’S NOT?

The coming of Kawhi is really the most memorable part of being a Clippers fan. Some Raptors’ fan transferred and some said that we could be better than the Lakers. Another addition that really strengthen our team is the PG-13 trade, people we’re hyped and excited to see them play together. But we already knew the outcome: NO CHAMPIONSHIP.

A second-round exit is a hard pill to swallow but if you’re a real Clippers fan, you know what our team can do, what we can’t do, our strengths, what we can do in the future and believe that one day we will raise that Larry O’Brien trophy and become one of the NBA’s greatest team. Win or lose, I am Clippers for life!

Sent from my vivo 1820 using RealGM mobile app
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Re: Clippers For Life 

Post#2 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:44 am

welcome to the board!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:04 am

Organizationally, we’re in a good spot and our trajectory is still upward.

We are gonna figure this out.
We may have to throw some folks overboard but we will figure this out.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#4 » by NickP » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 am

I've been a die hard fan ever since they drafted D Manning. But enough BS. This was our year and Doc once again blew it.
Gascon Kurt
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Gascon Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:10 am

nickhx2 wrote:welcome to the board!
Thank you!

Gascon Kurt
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Gascon Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:11 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Organizationally, we’re in a good spot and our trajectory is still upward.

We are gonna figure this out.
We may have to throw some folks overboard but we will figure this out.
Yes. I agree. It's just the start of Klaw-PG duo. Let's wait for the best

Gascon Kurt
Ballboy

Post#7 » by Gascon Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 am

NickP wrote:I've been a die hard fan ever since they drafted D Manning. But enough BS. This was our year and Doc once again blew it.
I really want Coach Vinny. Or maybe we can get Mark Jackson or let Sam Cassell be the coach.

Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,835

Post#8 » by Sofia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:31 am

Yeah I’m still here. Failure is just funny at this point. It’s disappointing, but never too high never too low
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#9 » by God Squad » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 am

Gascon Kurt wrote:This season is a very unexpected one. We didn’t see the coming of Kawhi and Paul George, then the fan base grew, we upgraded the bench, we broke records and we really had a good run. But this year’s Playoffs is not the one we expected. Our guys almost fell to the Mavs and we blew a 3-1 lead at the second round. But this season is a test: WHO’S REAL? WHO’S NOT?

The coming of Kawhi is really the most memorable part of being a Clippers fan. Some Raptors’ fan transferred and some said that we could be better than the Lakers. Another addition that really strengthen our team is the PG-13 trade, people we’re hyped and excited to see them play together. But we already knew the outcome: NO CHAMPIONSHIP.

A second-round exit is a hard pill to swallow but if you’re a real Clippers fan, you know what our team can do, what we can’t do, our strengths, what we can do in the future and believe that one day we will raise that Larry O’Brien trophy and become one of the NBA’s greatest team. Win or lose, I am Clippers for life!

You honestly don't believe that do you? Sounds like revisionist history.
Gascon Kurt
Ballboy

Post#10 » by Gascon Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:58 am

Sofia wrote:Yeah I’m still here. Failure is just funny at this point. It’s disappointing, but never too high never too low
We gotta be patient and hopeful.

Gascon Kurt
Ballboy

Post#11 » by Gascon Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:58 am

God Squad wrote:
Gascon Kurt wrote:This season is a very unexpected one. We didn’t see the coming of Kawhi and Paul George, then the fan base grew, we upgraded the bench, we broke records and we really had a good run. But this year’s Playoffs is not the one we expected. Our guys almost fell to the Mavs and we blew a 3-1 lead at the second round. But this season is a test: WHO’S REAL? WHO’S NOT?

You honestly don't believe that do you? Sounds like revisionist history.
Believe about what?

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#12 » by clipperlover » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:46 pm

NickP wrote:I've been a die hard fan ever since they drafted D Manning. But enough BS. This was our year and Doc once again blew it.

I've been around since adding Reggie "Huge Disappointment' Williams, Ken Norman and Joe 'College was my ceiling' Wolfe in 1987. Adding Manning, Gary Grant and Charles Smith in 88 made this the team of the future. Unfortunately, still waiting for that future.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,826

Post#13 » by SK21209 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 pm

We really shouldn't be surprised with how the season ended. All year, the mantra was "if this team just gets some time to gel, look out." Well, that time never came. We finally got everyone healthy post-allstar break and right as we started to string some complete games together, the pandemic started and the season was put on hold. All year I kept thinking in the back of my mind "hey, it's actually pretty rare for a team to win their first season together" and that turned out to be true. We also should have read more into the fact that the team actually voted to NOT continue the season. They didn't come to the bubble mentally prepared.

Now that it's been a few days since Game 7, I've calmed down a bit and am looking forward to next season (which will be here sooner than we realize). I don't think Doc will ever become a meaningfully better in-game coach in terms of adjustments, but I'm optimistic the team will come into next season with a different mindset. I think the team will absorb all of the mocking from the fans/media this week and be pissed off and ready to set things right. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I actually trust all of the players except PG to learn the right lesson from this experience. Someone, ideally West, needs to set PG straight. With some tinkering of the roster (i.e. adding a "traditional" point guard, a new backup center (sorry Trez), and further depth on the wing, we'll be a strong team next season.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#14 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 pm

I'll always be a Clippers fan, but like I've already said, I can't watch them anymore until a coaching change is made. Bringing Doc back after a historic collapse like this makes it impossible for me to get invested in this team anymore.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#15 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:18 pm

SK21209 wrote:We really shouldn't be surprised with how the season ended. All year, the mantra was "if this team just gets some time to gel, look out." Well, that time never came. We finally got everyone healthy post-allstar break and right as we started to string some complete games together, the pandemic started and the season was put on hold. All year I kept thinking in the back of my mind "hey, it's actually pretty rare for a team to win their first season together" and that turned out to be true. We also should have read more into the fact that the team actually voted to NOT continue the season. They didn't come to the bubble mentally prepared.

Now that it's been a few days since Game 7, I've calmed down a bit and am looking forward to next season (which will be here sooner than we realize). I don't think Doc will ever become a meaningfully better in-game coach in terms of adjustments, but I'm optimistic the team will come into next season with a different mindset. I think the team will absorb all of the mocking from the fans/media this week and be pissed off and ready to set things right. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I actually trust all of the players except PG to learn the right lesson from this experience. Someone, ideally West, needs to set PG straight. With some tinkering of the roster (i.e. adding a "traditional" point guard, a new backup center (sorry Trez), and further depth on the wing, we'll be a strong team next season.

i always thought that this season would be pretty tough trying to get everyone all on the same page in just one season, let alone a shortened one.

the expectations were always high but once the bucks started balling out, i always thought championship aspirations were nice, but still a bit too much to ask for, for a brand new team.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,429

Post#16 » by KL78192020 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 pm

Clips still have a lot to look forward to. Like everyone has said let Doc go and get a more cohesive bench.

I think the Clips still win that trade with OKC, as long as Kawhi and George re-sign next summer. Outside of the top 5 lotto picks OKC hasn't done much. Based on the history below only Adams and Bledsoe are decent players the rest are scrubs or out of the league.

OKC should trade as many as they can to move up in drafts or trade for someone established before they go to waste. Most of OKC's picks will be between 10-30. The 2019 (23rd pick) is TBD at his point in Darius Bazley.

Draft YR Round Pick#
2017 NBA 1 21 Terrance Ferguson Adelaide 36ers (Australia)
2015 NBA 1 14 Cameron Payne Murray State
2014 NBA 1 21 Mitch McGary Michigan
2014 NBA 1 29 Josh Huestis Stanford
2013 NBA 1 12 Steven Adams Pittsburgh
2013 NBA 1 29 Archie Goodwin Kentucky
2012 NBA 1 28 Perry Jones Baylor
2011 NBA 1 24 Reggie Jackson Boston College
2010 NBA 1 18 Eric Bledsoe Kentucky
2010 NBA 1 21 Craig Brackins Iowa State
2010 NBA 1 26 Quincy Pondexter Washington
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#17 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:34 pm

nickhx2 wrote:i always thought that this season would be pretty tough trying to get everyone all on the same page in just one season, let alone a shortened one.

the expectations were always high but once the bucks started balling out, i always thought championship aspirations were nice, but still a bit too much to ask for, for a brand new team.

The Lakers are a brand new team too and they look like a juggernaut. If we had a coach as good as Vogel, we'd be well into the WCF right now instead of lamenting the latest playoff meltdown.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Nah. That Excuse Don’t Work 

Post#18 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:27 am

Jimmy Butler, new signee.
Tyler Herro, nice draft pick.
Jae Crowder, deadline deal.

Brand new team.
Spo? Pretty good coach as I’ve been saying for a decade.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Post#19 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 am

First off, Welcome to the Love, Gascon!!
I'm glad I was able to recruit you and see you here!

In regards to the topic, the reward of getting Kawhi & PG13 was supposed to be a glorious window of title contention that would make irrelevant Leonard's decision to not sign for the maximum four years in the summer of 2019.

But when the dust settled on that midsummer coup, the reality was that the Clippers secured only two years.
The first year has been squandered.
As hard as it might be to comprehend, the clock has started ticking.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#20 » by NickP » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:49 pm

This is a nice blow Sunshine up kind of thread but Clippers for life means what? Been a fan of this team since 1988. What does that mean? For life? Life long suffering?
Or being happy with status quo? No one questions our team when we play a team with guys like Q Rich, D Miles etc. But they played with heart. The Larry Brown teams were underdogs yet they gave everything they had to the Jazz and the rockets.
Otoh, these recent teams of ours were supposed to reach heights not seen before in their existence and what exactly have they done? Hired a coach who looks like he's going to cry on the sidelines. Doc is dumb as rock. He was a mediocre player and an even mediocre coach.
By not firing him the organization has told us fans to go pound sand.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers