ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,908

Re: Injuries: Green (R.Knee); Hayward (R.Ankle) 

Post#1261 » by Parliament10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:51 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Cs never seem to be forthcoming about injuries. I don't know if Stevens is saying Hayward will come back this series because he actually will or he is just saying that to try and throw the Heat off somehow.

4-Day Break.
Up to 7 Games to play.

That gives Hayward a lot of time to heal.
And he's already doing things on the Court.

He's Coming Back . . .
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries: Hayward (R.Ankle) 

Post#1262 » by Parliament10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Post#1263 » by meatball sub » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 pm

I think he’s back for Game 3. The original injury time of 4 weeks is up on Thursday. Game 3 is Friday.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1264 » by Parliament10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm

meatball sub wrote:I think he’s back for Game 3. The original injury time of 4 weeks is up on Thursday. Game 3 is Friday.

It's actually 4 weeks ago, Today.
Game 2 is on Thursday. Game 3 is on Saturday.

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1265 » by Parliament10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Post#1266 » by meatball sub » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
meatball sub wrote:I think he’s back for Game 3. The original injury time of 4 weeks is up on Thursday. Game 3 is Friday.

It's actually 4 weeks ago, Today.
Game 2 is on Thursday. Game 3 is on Saturday.

Read on Twitter

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#1267 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Festurs
Junior
And1: 375

Re: Injuries: Haywa10-rd (R.Ankle) 

Post#1268 » by Festurs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 pm

10-12 minutes of Hayward off the bench could go a long way. I won’t be disappointed if he struggles, I would admire the effort. When you consider the depth we don’t have I just can’t see a downside to giving it a go.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1269 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:28 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

The only thing is, I think he's got the Dates wrong for Games 3 (Saturday) and 4 (Monday).

I'd like to see Hayward ASAP, though.
He'll probably be on a minutes restriction, but that's A-OK.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1270 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:30 am

Parliament10 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

The only thing is, I think he's got the Dates wrong for Games 3 (Saturday) and 4 (Monday).

ESPN has game 4; with MNF, zero chance its on Monday— itll be wednesday which allows the west to catch up
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1271 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

ESPN has game 4; with MNF, zero chance its on Monday— itll be wednesday which allows the west to catch up

Is game 3 Saturday or no
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1272 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:50 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:The only thing is, I think he's got the Dates wrong for Games 3 (Saturday) and 4 (Monday).

Is game 3 Saturday or no

All the notifications that I've seen from the NBA, are that Game 3 is on Saturday.
And Game 4, is still listed on Monday.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1273 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:58 am

Parliament10 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Is game 3 Saturday or no

All the notifications that I've seen from the NBA, are that Game 3 is on Saturday.

Tbd on time tho. Espn wont self canibalize against MNF
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1274 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:40 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Is game 3 Saturday or no

They can probably get away with a 6pm start
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1275 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:42 am

Brad has to go with Hayward off the bench...I know that seems obvious but if he ever went back to him starting immediately it really would f things up.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#1276 » by keevsnick1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:19 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:All the notifications that I've seen from the NBA, are that Game 3 is on Saturday.

They can probably get away with a 6pm start

Well right now ESPN's NBA schedule doesn't have any Bos vs Mia game on their schedule after game three, so it would appear its still up in the air. Kind of weird given there has to be a game 4 and the WCF schedule is set.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#1277 » by soxfan2003 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Brad has to go with Hayward off the bench...I know that seems obvious but if he ever went back to him starting immediately it really would f things up.

What Brad has to do at this point is coach to win. It first means, assess where Hayward is really at in practice and/or drills. If he doesn't look good and still wants to play, I would have a very quick leash. Get him out quick in that circumstance if he isn't moving well. But the more I think about it, I can see another scenario where it makes sense for him to start and play around 25 minutes.

But Stevens just needs to coach to win.

If it means Hayward off the bench for a game or entire playoffs, bring Hayward off the bench.
If it means, K Walker off the bench, bring Walker off the bench.
If it means, J Brown off the bench, bring Brown off the bench.

Smart/Tatum/Theis appear to be the no brainer starters heading into the first game Hayward comes back. Case can be made for bringing one of the the other 3 players off the bench.

Part of the decision really comes down to do you want Hayward/Brown/Walker on the court when Herro is in the game or Duncan Robinson. The Heat in the playoffs have been treating Herro as the better player by playing him more minutes. 33 minutes per game for Herro vs 25 for Robinson. But Robinson is the official starter.

Factors like this should figure into Stevens thinking. I sure hope Stevens has enough backbone that he is willing to upset players that are not the role players. He wasn't willing to do it with Kyrie Irving for perhaps somewhat understandable reasons.

But it isn't a crazy idea at all to start Hayward if he is moving well since if he isn't moving well, he realistically perhaps should not be out on the court at all. Whenever you put Hayward into the game it will be a risk. Hayward or anyone else screwing up to start the game is no worse that screwing up 8 minutes into the game. Baskets scored or given up at that point of the game count as well.

Before folks say it is a completely nutty idea to bring Brown off the bench, realize Hayward if he has his mobility has more playmaking skills than Brown and that could get K Walker going.

And even if you don't think Hayward is one of the Celtics 5 best players in his first game back whenever he gets back, the Heat and other teams in the past do not necessarily start their five best players.

It really is a sign of team disfunction/immaturity if Stevens doesn't have complete freedom to do what he thinks is best for the team. If Stevens looks at it that way and Hayward is moving great, it becomes a tough decision for a variety of reasons. Just one thing that folks don't think about... If Stevens wants Hayward to play 25 minutes very hard on both ends like he did in the Philly playoff game -- and Stevens should demand that of Hayward -- , given he hasn't been in NBA games in a while, it may be easier for him to do it from a rest perspective as a starter.

And KG as great as he is is kind of wrong with his evaluation of Hayward/Celtics this year. Celtics have beaten one very good team in this years playoffs. That team had Gasol and Siakam playing like crap on offense. Some of that was Boston but Siakam was relatively open from 3 and was 4 for 32. As we saw in game 1 vs Miami, sometimes players hit those semi contested and uncontested 3's. A lot of those misses were luck and Siakam not completely getting his game back. Siakam is not as good as Tatum but he is better than what he showed in the bubble. He was just out of sync. If Boston played Philly with Simmons and struggled to beat that team in 7 and then lost to the Raptors in 7, KG would probably be singing an entirely different tune.

With this post, I am not saying at all to cater to Hayward but I don't think the Celtics should be catering to Kemba or Brown either. Stevens needs to pull a BB and just cater to the team. And have a realistic perspective of what the team has accomplished so far. They have beaten the gritty defending champs with Lowry/Gasol one year older and Siakam with his game out of sync and the Raptors 1A star and Finals MVP on a different team. Still good accomplishment to do that without Hayward but not a sign at all that losing Hayward is addition by subtraction.

Stevens just has to coach like his own job is on the line if he loses the series and coach to win this series. Once you let all of those other factors in, you get smashed like what Milwaukee did to Boston last year.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#1278 » by JHTruth » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:18 pm

So tired of the Hayward speculation. I'd be absolutely stunned if he came back this year. Will not happen.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,435

Post#1279 » by Jaqua92 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:15 pm

JHTruth wrote:So tired of the Hayward speculation. I'd be absolutely stunned if he came back this year. Will not happen.
Isnt he expected to return this series?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#1280 » by JHTruth » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
JHTruth wrote:So tired of the Hayward speculation. I'd be absolutely stunned if he came back this year. Will not happen.
Isnt he expected to return this series?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Who knows. I've lived through the KG knee situation in 2009 where he was going to "return any game" during the playoffs then during the 2018 ECF run where even the top-level pundits were expecting Hayward to come back for the playoffs.

I tend to believe if a player can remotely play during the playoffs, they do. Either that or they're too soft to make an impact even if they do play. If we do somehow get Hayward back, which I highly doubt, he'll be so limited it won't matter..

Return to Boston Celtics