How do you feel about the Clips' collapse?

Moderator: G R E Y

-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,698

How do you feel about the Clips' collapse? 

Post#1 » by -Sammy- » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:39 am

My stance is fairly well-known around RGM and my signature probably speaks sufficiently for me; how do y'all feel about it and about Kawhi? In your opinion, is a little schadenfreude justifiable here for Spurs and Raps die-hards?
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,633

Re: How do you feel about the Clips' collapse? 

Post#2 » by G R E Y » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 am

I feel satisfied. For today.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#3 » by Phreak50 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:06 am

I was decent enough to accept Kawhi had his reasons for wanting out and cheered him and the Raptors because they were underdogs and he didn't ask to be there.

But at the same time, he held our FO to ransom and (despite Derozan playing quite well, he didn't fit our team's style) practically ruined our franchise's future in the short term.

But even despite that, I simply can't stand any player or team who gets over cocky and crosses the line into disrespectful. The Clippers certainly did that many times over through PG and his social media bs and Patrick Beverley's on and off court dog acts.

Want more?

Marcus Morris playing games with us, resulting in Bertans being moved and then doing a runner.

PG holding the Thunder at ransom and forcing a trade. No player should have that power. You sign a contract, you shut up and do the time.

And the PG and Kawhi tampering and the general super team bs ruining the league.

So yeah, just a few minor reasons I am happy the Clippers lost.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#4 » by imagump1313 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:12 am

Well, besides Leonard......

George is a straight up dick.
Morris is a straight up dick.
Beverly is a straight up dick.
Harrell is a racist. And a dick.

Its a good day :D
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#5 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:53 am

imagump1313 wrote:Well, besides Leonard......

Agree with you all.

Now a change the toxicity of Clippers has started with Doc is the first one to go. Pretty Sure Lou&Harrell&Beverley will be gone in the next Draft day via trade or FA. On the other hand, we paid good amont of assets for Morris&PG so It might take more than a FA period to turn them into another assets. Maybe around 2021 trade deadline is the realistic one to get rid of the last piece of toxicity.

Regardless, I'm here on your board to seek an info about Becky Hammon. If a woman will get the first Head coaching job in the league, from this point Becky will be the candidate and Ballmer is that unorthodox owner to pull the trigger. What you guys thinking on Becky&kawhi relationship during his tenure as a Spurs. Would she want to be a part of something with Kawhi involved?

Cheers.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#6 » by G R E Y » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:25 pm

DieHardFan wrote:

Agree with you all.

Now a change the toxicity of Clippers has started with Doc is the first one to go. Pretty Sure Lou&Harrell&Beverley will be gone in the next Draft day via trade or FA. On the other hand, we paid good amont of assets for Morris&PG so It might take more than a FA period to turn them into another assets. Maybe around 2021 trade deadline is the realistic one to get rid of the last piece of toxicity.

Regardless, I'm here on your board to seek an info about Becky Hammon. If a woman will get the first Head coaching job in the league, from this point Becky will be the candidate and Ballmer is that unorthodox owner to pull the trigger. What you guys thinking on Becky&kawhi relationship during his tenure as a Spurs. Would she want to be a part of something with Kawhi involved?

Cheers.

When you speak of toxicity, #2, his group, and his 'assistant coach' beffie are at the top of the list. You may say that's particular on the Spurs board, but this is the third team for which the same pattern is showing by them. You can't go into a snake pit and not expect to get bitten. Regardless of Becky's coaching abilities which are legitimate, she was here for all of it.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:09 pm

GREY 1769 wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:

Agree with you all.

Cheers.

When you speak of toxicity, #2, his group, and his 'assistant coach' beffie are at the top of the list. You may say that's particular on the Spurs board, but this is the third team for which the same pattern is showing by them. You can't go into a snake pit and not expect to get bitten. Regardless of Becky's coaching abilities which are legitimate, she was here for all of it.

Agreed that #2 has huge baggages along with him. I think the way he played for the entire playoffs deserves a 2nd change, so we have one more shot for 2021 with the contracts given out. We start from there... You can imagine we just can't change everything in single offseason not even If Jerry West doing everything himself.

So, Becky... seems like someone to bring an authority to a Locker room, establish gameplan&rotations&line ups. But what would she wants in her career is a question mark to me as an outsider. Does she want to be a HC soon? Willing to start his coaching with a player like Kawhi or wait for Spurs(Pop to retire)?
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#8 » by imagump1313 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 pm

DieHardFan wrote:Regardless, I'm here on your board to seek an info about Becky Hammon. If a woman will get the first Head coaching job in the league, from this point Becky will be the candidate and Ballmer is that unorthodox owner to pull the trigger. What you guys thinking on Becky&kawhi relationship during his tenure as a Spurs. Would she want to be a part of something with Kawhi involved?

Cheers.

I think Hammon has to accept the first head coaching job that is offered to her. She has interviewed but not been offered anything that I know of. She is capable of coaching in this NBA.

Because she would be the first, she basically has no other choice but to accept regardless the situation. Other people are going to push her for that because she is a woman. I don't think its 100% in her hands to turn something down.

I guess what I'm saying is if the Clippers actually offered her the job she would take it, even if the situation is toxic.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#9 » by G R E Y » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:37 pm

DieHardFan wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:
Agree with you all.

Cheers.

Agreed that #2 has huge baggages along with him. I think the way he played for the entire playoffs deserves a 2nd change, so we have one more shot for 2021 with the contracts given out. We start from there... You can imagine we just can't change everything in single offseason not even If Jerry West doing everything himself.

So, Becky... seems like someone to bring an authority to a Locker room, establish gameplan&rotations&line ups. But what would she wants in her career is a question mark to me as an outsider. Does she want to be a HC soon? Willing to start his coaching with a player like Kawhi or wait for Spurs(Pop to retire)?

As far as authority in a locker room, #2 HAD that with Pop and **** on it rather publicly; had leadership by others in Spurs and TO locker rooms and **** on those, too. You can't just bottle it, take it with you and recreate a culture like it's some formula. Becky would set her own culture, but I don't think authority to a locker room is what's being sought so much as compliance to what #2 et al want, and when at the core you have that friction of who's calling the shots, it's a suboptimal situation for a first-time coach to walk into.

Becky's had a few HC interviews with other teams already, so I don't think she's waiting for anything but a shot. But it has to be the right one; she passed up a college HC offer. Interestingly, there was wind of her possibly being interviewed for NYK but I didn't read of any follow up info that she was interviewed. There's still some tension between Spurs and Knicks over how a couple of things went down. Think how much more so with #2 and his group. There's a balance between allowing staffers the chance for promotions and doing others who have treated the Spurs so egregiously any favours. Like I said, she was here for all of it.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Jerry West is a smart man. He probably(already) spoke with Kawhi&Ballmer that Doc isn't the guy and now he's gone. Moreso environment like Pop&Masai created was the best suited one for #2 is advised as well. So someone from Spurs would be an ideal choice. This is up to Kawhi and his part to let professionals in Clippers creates thatenvironment and put him in position to win. If he's not buying his downfall will be even faster than his rise.

From your inputs I understand that Becky would be willing to open if only Kawhi(instead of Ballmer, Lawrance Frank or Jerry West) is the one making the phone call to ask her the job interview :)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#11 » by G R E Y » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 pm

That's what you got from what I said? Let me be more direct. #2 **** all over the Spurs and the team will not be doing him any favours. So this whole Spurs would be best flies in the face of how #2 and his group have shown they conduct themselves. Their conduct goes directly against the way we do things.

Plus, any other team's FO contact with any of our personnel has to be ok'd by Spurs FO first.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,510

Post#12 » by DoctorX » Sun Oct 4, 2020 7:36 pm

I felt it was deserved Karma after what Kawhi had done to the Spurs along with Morris destroying the Spurs during the off season. If Morris didn't do what he did the Spurs would have made it to the playoffs.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#13 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 4, 2020 8:44 pm

DoctorX wrote:I felt it was deserved Karma after what Kawhi had done to the Spurs along with Morris destroying the Spurs during the off season. If Morris didn't do what he did the Spurs would have made it to the playoffs.

You may have a point about Morris and our PO chances, but we were without three starters, so who knows? It was tough losing Davis, but I do like what Trey developed into towards the end of the season. Funny how things work out...

And welcome to the Spurs forum, Doctor X :D
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by Captain Ballmer » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:28 pm

DoctorX wrote:I felt it was deserved Karma after what Kawhi had done to the Spurs along with Morris destroying the Spurs during the off season. If Morris didn't do what he did the Spurs would have made it to the playoffs.

To speak about Karma, what Anthony Davis and his agent does to that Pelicans team alone should secure a big meltdown for Lakers in the coming days. Well, we'll see how that turn out.
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,624

Post#15 » by Baphomet » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:49 am

Weighing in a tad late here, but the schadenfreude is absolutely justifiable. Professional sports, particularly at the highest level, provide a mesmeric pantomime of heroes and villains. It has already been said in the thread, but even beyond our former grievances with Leonard and Morris, the Clippers have gathered a truly odious consociation of villains that just about any fan can root against. I don't begrudge them that, per se. With all due respect to long-suffering Clips fans, when your franchise has been a doormat for almost its entire existence, the idea of assembling a team of piss boilers with some winning provenance has to have its appeals.

We all know and experience the emotions that connect us to this game. If it existed in a vacuum and was just about having well coordinated hands and throwing a ball in a hoop, well, I don't think any of us would be making these posts on a forum. But fortunately it doesn't. Suffice to say, when the Clippers were eliminated I enjoyed it quite a lot, especially considering the nature of their defeat.

Now if the Heat could upend the odds and dispose of the Lakers in similar fashion, that would be quite nice. Here's to schadenfreude!

Return to San Antonio Spurs