Michael Porter Jr

Moderator: THE J0KER

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#181 » by Alatan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:30 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would you guys consider Kelly Oubre and Pick 10 for Porter?

Porter seems right now like one of three max-contract talents from his rookie class (with Zion and Morant), but deal around Porter and Ayton is useless for Nuggets which franchise player is canter already, Jokic.

But if Suns want to use Oubre to solve their big PF problem, Denver is actually right place for that! We can give you Bol Bol, Barton, and HOU#21 pick for Oubre and Bridges. Maybe today it is not so obvious that Bol Bol have highest ceiling out of all these players involved, but already before 2021 trade deadline it will be obvious.

Why is everyone keen on trading Bol before we see him play a full season. Oubre wont fix any of our problems and Bol could be a stud.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#182 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Alatan wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would you guys consider Kelly Oubre and Pick 10 for Porter?

Porter seems right now like one of three max-contract talents from his rookie class (with Zion and Morant), but deal around Porter and Ayton is useless for Nuggets which franchise player is canter already, Jokic.

But if Suns want to use Oubre to solve their big PF problem, Denver is actually right place for that! We can give you Bol Bol, Barton, and HOU#21 pick for Oubre and Bridges. Maybe today it is not so obvious that Bol Bol have highest ceiling out of all these players involved, but already before 2021 trade deadline it will be obvious.

Why is everyone keen on trading Bol before we see him play a full season. Oubre wont fix any of our problems and Bol could be a stud.

Well, why are you so keen on trading Murray....or Porter....or any number of other Nuggets ? Each individual has DIFFERENT assessments of players, few of which are gonna match yours EXACTLY. ( I rarely agree with many of your trade proposals, sorry ).
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#183 » by Alatan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Alatan wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Porter seems right now like one of three max-contract talents from his rookie class (with Zion and Morant), but deal around Porter and Ayton is useless for Nuggets which franchise player is canter already, Jokic.

Well, why are you so keen on trading Murray....or Porter....or any number of other Nuggets ? Each individual has DIFFERENT assessments of players, few of which are gonna match yours EXACTLY. ( I rarely agree with many of your trade proposals, sorry ).

I am keen on trading Murray because he has a lot of trade value and doesnt fit with Jokic. He might prove me wrong if he becomes half the player he was in a couple of those Utah games but i think he just got really hot and Utah had focused most of their defensive effort on stopping Jokic. Porter is nice and reminds me of Galinari but if we could get a better player id trade him without remorse.

I dont mind people not liking my trade proposals but i usually try to trade our guys for an allstar or a borderline allstar. Other posters try to pawn of Bol as a sweetener of for a roleplayer and i cant stand behind that. We need top end tallent.
skywalker33

Post#184 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Alatan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Alatan wrote:

I am keen on trading Murray because he has a lot of trade value and doesnt fit with Jokic. He might prove me wrong if he becomes half the player he was in a couple of those Utah games but i think he just got really hot and Utah had focused most of their defensive effort on stopping Jokic. Porter is nice and reminds me of Galinari but if we could get a better player id trade him without remorse.

I dont mind people not liking my trade proposals but i usually try to trade our guys for an allstar or a borderline allstar. Other posters try to pawn of Bol as a sweetener of for a roleplayer and i cant stand behind that. We need top end tallent.

From what I've seen, Murray seems like the PERFECT fit next to Jokic. He doesn't need the ball, plays dominantly when Jokic is on the bench, works well with Joker in the PnR...what's not to like ??

While I don't agree with most of your trades, doesn't me you're right and I'm wrong, also doesn't mean your wrong and I'm right either. But I'm one who also believes the grass isn't always greener on the other side, especially when you're messing with team chemistry. Many posters want to degrade Porter (and soon Bol, I'm guessing) saying his health is SOOOO questionable, yet they all want him, hmmmm. He made it through this season and is looking like the player we all think he can be, if/when he continues thru next season he'll be a rising superstar no need to give up on that. FTR, I'm betting Porter will be much better than Gallo very soon. Could be the same with Bol so we agree he isn't just a sweetner. That said though, I'm not sure what we have with Bol yet, looking forward to find out though.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#185 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:52 pm

I'm not in favor of trading Jokic or Murray or Porter and not a fan of trading a few of the others. Jokic & Murray have been acclaimed widely for their "amazing effectiveness together" as one announcer proclaimed. Many have said spoken highly regarding Porter's upside. Harris' defense is admired. Plumlee is considered a great backup for Jokic (mostly because of his passing). The list goes on.

I've said more than once, I'm really not interested in any trade unless it brings back a remarkable talent - without trading Jokic or Murray or Porter.
skywalker33

Post#186 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Porter's role will increase next year now that Malone has seen his strengths and weaknesses. A good training camp with a season/playoffs under his belt, we'll now be able to build an offense around Murray, Jokic and MPJ.

Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#187 » by Mac1958 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:01 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I'm not in favor of trading Jokic or Murray or Porter and not a fan of trading a few of the others. Jokic & Murray have been acclaimed widely for their "amazing effectiveness together" as one announcer proclaimed. Many have said spoken highly regarding Porter's upside. Harris' defense is admired. Plumlee is considered a great backup for Jokic (mostly because of his passing). The list goes on.

I've said more than once, I'm really not interested in any trade unless it brings back a remarkable talent - without trading Jokic or Murray or Porter.

I'm usually in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp.

If (if) Murray has broken out of his shell, he could average 24/5/5 next year. If Porter can improve his defense (no doubt that will be on the menu in the offseason), he could be a serious alpha dog. And, oh yeah, Jokic. And I'd sure love to see Bol out there more, and that could happen if both Grant and Millsap leave.

Are there any more entertaining teams in the league next year? Few, if any.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:37 pm

Based on past history with young players, I expect Porter to start the year with 15-20 mpg at the most and if he continues to develop at the same rate as he showed in the bubble, I expect he'll finish the year at 25-30 mpg and maybe, just maybe by the end of the year, as the starter.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#189 » by The Rebel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Based on past history with young players, I expect Porter to start the year with 15-20 mpg at the most and if he continues to develop at the same rate as he showed in the bubble, I expect he'll finish the year at 25-30 mpg and maybe, just maybe by the end of the year, as the starter.

I think that is going to heavily depend on what happens after the season. Personally I could see the front office trading Barton and going with MPJ, KBD, and Cancar. Malone is forced to play MPJ and it would not be the 1st time the front office has done that. They made Nurkic a starter in his rookie year by trading Mozgov, and they made Mudiay a starter his rookie year as well. I think MPJ has earned a strong shot at starting next season, he makes rookie mistakes but he handles it all pretty well considering.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#190 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 am

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Based on past history with young players, I expect Porter to start the year with 15-20 mpg at the most and if he continues to develop at the same rate as he showed in the bubble, I expect he'll finish the year at 25-30 mpg and maybe, just maybe by the end of the year, as the starter.

I think that is going to heavily depend on what happens after the season. Personally I could see the front office trading Barton and going with MPJ, KBD, and Cancar. Malone is forced to play MPJ and it would not be the 1st time the front office has done that. They made Nurkic a starter in his rookie year by trading Mozgov, and they made Mudiay a starter his rookie year as well. I think MPJ has earned a strong shot at starting next season, he makes rookie mistakes but he handles it all pretty well considering.

:pray:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#191 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm

I just went back and watched games 1 & 2. The Lakers are showing Porter some respect. They are not allowing him to get many wide open 3pt shots.

He seems to have improved his defense quite a bit since getting serious bubble time and it has carried over into the playoffs. Not saying he's All-Defense level, but he's shown some improvement IMO.
skywalker33

Post#192 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:23 pm

Keep seeing posts on the T&T board how he's tradable but don't want to give any credence to the fact he's just finished his rookie season and that his defense WILL more than likely improve over the next two seasons.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#193 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:30 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Keep seeing posts on the T&T board how he's tradable but don't want to give any credence to the fact he's just finished his rookie season and that his defense WILL more than likely improve over the next two seasons.

Seems like we've been through this before: The General Boards with people saying "Jokic isn't going to amount to much, but we'd be willing to trade almost nothing for him" then "Murray isn't going to amount to much, but we'd be willing to trade almost nothing for him". :lol:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#194 » by The Rebel » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:20 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Keep seeing posts on the T&T board how he's tradable but don't want to give any credence to the fact he's just finished his rookie season and that his defense WILL more than likely improve over the next two seasons.

Seems like we've been through this before: The General Boards with people saying "Jokic isn't going to amount to much, but we'd be willing to trade almost nothing for him" then "Murray isn't going to amount to much, but we'd be willing to trade almost nothing for him". :lol:

It goes all the way back to well before the Melo deal. I had insider information from a team source back then and tried to tell people the offers were more than double what they thought for Melo, and I had some guys wanting to fight me. Including several of the trade board mods.

That is one of the reasons it is so fascinating to watch guys after they leave the Nuggets and suddenly hear how good they are. 95% of the time we tried to tell them.

Porter had some lapses but anybody that thinks his defense was not good especially in the Laker series than they were not paying attention.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,785

Post#195 » by TunaFish » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Oct 4, 2020 7:35 pm

TunaFish wrote:
Read on Twitter

and I believe both of them!
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Post#197 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:24 pm

MPJ and Bol Bol should be untouchable.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#198 » by Mac1958 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:45 pm

SkillzFromThe6 wrote:MPJ and Bol Bol should be untouchable.

Yeah. As far as I'm concerned, both of them have to prove that they're not worth keeping and playing a lot.

That would be one amazing frontcourt.
skywalker33

Post#199 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:31 pm

Mac1958 wrote:

Yeah. As far as I'm concerned, both of them have to prove that they're not worth keeping and playing a lot.

Not sure that I see Bol as a starter, at least not until I see more of him (a healthier, sturdier body as well as time on the court). He'd be amazingly productive coming off the bench, he has mismatches galore. I can visualize him in spot-duty as a starter but think his best production comes as a reserve for this team. Will he play along side MPJ ??? Sure it'll happen, same with Joker too.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,785

Post#200 » by TunaFish » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:16 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:

Not sure that I see Bol as a starter, at least not until I see more of him (a healthier, sturdier body as well as time on the court). He'd be amazingly productive coming off the bench, he has mismatches galore. I can visualize him in spot-duty as a starter but think his best production comes as a reserve for this team. Will he play along side MPJ ??? Sure it'll happen, same with Joker too.

Bol has a lot of room to grow and that 3 point shot is excellent. Same with MPJ, so it entirely possible that Bol will play some backup at the 3 and the 4 but don't see Bol much at Center for the reasons you point out.

MPJ is so graceful and has such an impact on offense that if he improves on defense, we could be looking at a future all star. I could see MPJ playing shooting guard and Bol playing small forward. Talk about a big lineup!
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets