ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#941 » by jason bourne » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm

It looks like the Rockets championship window has closed. Should I buy champagne? I get feeling Morey is gone after the Hong Kong - China debacle and now losing D'Antoni. Clearly, D'Antoni doesn't know what to do with Westbrick. Does anyone :lol: ?
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#942 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:54 pm

jason bourne wrote:It looks like the Rockets championship window has closed. Should I buy champagne? I get feeling Morey is gone after the Hong Kong - China debacle and now losing D'Antoni. Clearly, D'Antoni doesn't know what to do with Westbrick. Does anyone :lol: ?

They'll be back and they'll get the same regular season hype again....you'll see. It would be the Westbrook revenge tour and end in yet another playoff debacle.

Houston should offer Harden for Giannis....or Embiid...or Simmons...or SOMEONE that might allow Houston to have a balance offensive and defensive team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#943 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:51 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
jason bourne wrote:It looks like the Rockets championship window has closed. Should I buy champagne? I get feeling Morey is gone after the Hong Kong - China debacle and now losing D'Antoni. Clearly, D'Antoni doesn't know what to do with Westbrick. Does anyone :lol: ?

They'll be back and they'll get the same regular season hype again....you'll see. It would be the Westbrook revenge tour and end in yet another playoff debacle.

Houston should offer Harden for Giannis....or Embiid...or Simmons...or SOMEONE that might allow Houston to have a balance offensive and defensive team.

I guess I was wrong about Morey being fired. He's being supported by Fertitta while D'Antoni thought he wasn't. Anyway, first order of business is to get a new coach and then decide on the direction. Or with Morey maybe he's already decided and will find a coach who will agree. As for trading Harden, it would be weird not seeing him on the Rockets. I can't see Westbrook running a rebuilding team. They might go for a big man in the middle to toss it to, but who? Warriors need one.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#944 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 am

ILOVEIT wrote:

Just ask a Rockets fan, Harden is an elite defender now.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#945 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:56 am

jason bourne wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

I guess I was wrong about Morey being fired. He's being supported by Fertitta while D'Antoni thought he wasn't. Anyway, first order of business is to get a new coach and then decide on the direction. Or with Morey maybe he's already decided and will find a coach who will agree. As for trading Harden, it would be weird not seeing him on the Rockets. I can't see Westbrook running a rebuilding team. They might go for a big man in the middle to toss it to, but who? Warriors need one.

I suspect Morey is going to earn his money again dumping contracts.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,190

Post#946 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:09 am

Clippers not really juggernauts. PG13 chokes in playoffs again, Kawhi out of ideas if not able to hunt for cheap fouls like he did last year. Harrell and Lou liabilities.

No playmakers and really no shot blockers, so unless the forwards lock down, the paint is open.

Jokic shot out of his mind from 3 though, so it was kind of fluke.

But Clippers definitely have holes, certainly not the best roster as many predicted.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#947 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Jokic or Doncic?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#948 » by superunknown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm

I'm cofused.
I was told "playoff kawhi" is a cyborg and like no other.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#949 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 pm

superunknown wrote:I'm cofused.
I was told "playoff kawhi" is a cyborg and like no other.

I would guess the Clippers PR department was putting together an autobiographical video of their team ready for when the Clippers won a title for the first time. Instead, the rest of the league and fans found out that load management does not build cyborgs, but destroys themselves in the playoffs.

ImageImage
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,160

Post#950 » by Impuniti » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:56 pm

wco81 wrote:Clippers not really juggernauts. PG13 chokes in playoffs again, Kawhi out of ideas if not able to hunt for cheap fouls like he did last year. Harrell and Lou liabilities.

No playmakers and really no shot blockers, so unless the forwards lock down, the paint is open.

Jokic shot out of his mind from 3 though, so it was kind of fluke.

But Clippers definitely have holes, certainly not the best roster as many predicted.

Assuming Warriors fix their defense next year because it's been poor, they will take them presuming the Logo doesn't find a great playmaker for them. You can shut those guys out, and PG is a bum when it actually matters. Perennial loser.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#951 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Everyone's coming out with their top 10 lists...I hate top 10 lists because they're so arbitrary...You gotta put guys into tiers instead. Here are the official tiers as of right now:

Tier I
Bron, KD, Kawhi, Steph, Giannis, Harden

Tier II
AD, Jokic, Doncic, Dame

Tier III
Kyrie, CP3, Jimmy, Embiid, Klay

That's the 15 best in the league. If you get any of those 3 guys on the same team it's light out.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#952 » by superunknown » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:37 pm

at least kawhi didn't show up in the post game conference wearing a hand cast.
I'll give him that.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#953 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:27 pm

I think this is the year we finally get to see Westbrook on the Knicks.

They need a box office hard nosed player. And as inefficient as he is, he will have a strong fan following there. And no one can say he doesn’t play hard.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#954 » by Frozzy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 am

Jimmy Butler got that Draymond-esque impact. Only got 14 points but made all the defense stops in crunch time

This Miami team is so likeable. All hustle & no ego man.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#955 » by Quazza » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:23 am

Frozzy wrote:Jimmy Butler got that Draymond-esque impact. Only got 14 points but made all the defense stops in crunch time

Love Robinson. That stroke is a thing of beauty

(Plus he'd win me the 3point cat every week in fantasy )
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#956 » by jason bourne » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:44 am

Frozzy wrote:Jimmy Butler got that Draymond-esque impact. Only got 14 points but made all the defense stops in crunch time

I'm still reeling about that third quarter. I didn't know what happened nor what I was watching. The Celtics were arguing and yelling at each other in the locker room led by Marcus Smart. Apparently, the Heat played harder than the Celtics. MUCH HARDER. They wanted to get the victory more. The Celtics tried to come back in the fourth quarter, but the Heat stopped them and were able score when needed.

Afterward I went with my the Heat had more rest while the Celtics came in after gm 7 against the Raptors, a tough defensive team. I also predicted that Bam Adebayo had to lead the Heat against the Celtics donut team and he did, especially gm 2. The Heat go out to a 2 - 0 lead, but the Celtics come back and win in 7.

ImageImage
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,190

Post#957 » by wco81 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:51 am

Yeah Smart screaming in the locker room and throwing tantrums sounds like Draymond.

Wonder if Steves is losing the team or at least volatile guys like Smart.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#958 » by superunknown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:47 pm

celtics's main problem is their rotation is cut to the bone.
they're basically playing in 5 (6 with hayward), with few minutes here and there for wannamaker, the 2 williams and kanter (yesterday). at some point in a deep playoff run you'll pay it.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#959 » by jason bourne » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Everyone's coming out with their top 10 lists...I hate top 10 lists because they're so arbitrary...You gotta put guys into tiers instead. Here are the official tiers as of right now:

Tier I
Bron, KD, Kawhi, Steph, Giannis, Harden

Tier II
AD, Jokic, Doncic, Dame

Tier III
Kyrie, CP3, Jimmy, Embiid, Klay

That's the 15 best in the league. If you get any of those 3 guys on the same team it's light out.

I assume it's not just for 2020, but longer term. I wouldn't put Kyrie (too injured and load management) nor CP3 (too old) up there as lights out players. The other guys in Tier I and II are practically interchangeable. Giannis is for rs only; He was exposed and needs the right team. AD and Jokic for rs and playoffs deserve to be top tier. Brooklyn Nets could be the next Los Angeles Clippers.

ETA: I would add Bradley Beal who is way underrated. Also Jayson Tatum as a rising superstar. Maybe Kawhi needs the right team, too. Joel Embiid could be a skosh overrated as a superstar, but not sure if there is another C who can take his place.

ImageImage
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,689

Post#960 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:17 am

With the way the Lakers are dominating the paint I would be inclined to add two bigs. They just consistently muscle up on everyone inside to the extent they don’t really need much at the guard positions.

Howard on the MLE might be the best strategic move just so we can prevent ourselves from getting dominated inside.

Return to Golden State Warriors