Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#141 » by gobullschi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Chicago Receives:
Tobias Harris, Lonzo Ball, Maxi Kleber, #18, & #21

Philadelphia Receives:
OPJ, Sato, & #44

New Orleans Receives:
Lauri Markkanen

Dallas Receives:
Thaddeus Young, Matisse Thybulle, Chandler Hutchison, & #34

Bulls draft:
4 - Deni Avijda
18 - Aleksej Pokusevski
21 - Jaden McDaniels

Lonzo Ball / Coby White / Ryan Arcidiacano
Zach LaVine / Coby White / Adam Mokoko
Tobias Harris / Deni Avijda / Jaden McDaniels
Maxi Kleber / Tobias Harris / Aleksej Pokusevski
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford / Cristiano Felicio
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#142 » by Chicagoat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:36 pm

gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:

Philadelphia Receives:
OPJ, Sato, & #44

New Orleans Receives:
Lauri Markkanen

Dallas Receives:

Bulls draft:
4 - Deni Avijda
18 - Aleksej Pokusevski
21 - Jaden McDaniels

Man, Harris's contact is a joke and ends in 2024. Getting paid about 35 million a year to drop 20 ppg is not something I want to deal with.

Not a albatross contact since Harris is still useful. But it's still very restrictive. But I wouldn't take his contact unless we got multiple future first round picks.
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#143 » by gobullschi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Chicagoat wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:

Philadelphia Receives:
OPJ, Sato, & #44

New Orleans Receives:
Lauri Markkanen

Dallas Receives:

Bulls draft:
4 - Deni Avijda
18 - Aleksej Pokusevski
21 - Jaden McDaniels

Man, Harris's contact is a joke and ends in 2024. Getting paid about 35 million a year to drop 20 ppg is not something I want to deal with.

Not a albatross contact since Harris is still useful. But it's still very restrictive. But I wouldn't take his contact unless we got multiple future first round picks.

It’s one thing if a guy has a contract like that and is already in his 30’s, but he just turned 28 years old and plays one of the hardest positions to fill.

Besides LaVine, everyone else in the long term would be locked up on rookie deals.

We could stand pat and have cap space in 2021, but then your competing with a ton of teams with cap space for players like Leonard, George, AD (not leaving LA), Holiday, Hayward, DeRozan, OPJ, or Aldridge. Those guys are all going to get paid BIG money. I’d rather get Harris than possibly get one of the other guys.
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#144 » by dpucane » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am

https://tradenba.com/trades/JJg43pH84

Heres my blow-it-up option, fully aware how insane and improbable it is.

Essentially in favor of stockpiling as many big versatile defenders who can pass and/or shoot (and Poku) and then finding a star later

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
erasmusmrr
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#145 » by erasmusmrr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:09 am

Paul George available...
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#146 » by PlayerUp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:31 am

JohnnyTapwater wrote:Chris Paul would make Lauri and WCJ so good... Coby would level up... Zach would finally get respect...

contract-conscious fans heads would explode in unison...

Which is why we badly need playmakers. This draft is full of them.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#147 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:23 pm

Let’s do Tomas Suckeransky for Erick Paschall. Or Tomas Suckeransky for Terrance Davis. Or Suckeransky for Rui Hachimura.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#148 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Another trade the bulls should look into is Sato for Landry Shamet.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#149 » by gobullschi » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 pm

I would do Sato for Rui but no way Washington does that.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#150 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#151 » by sco » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:25 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.

I'm not against Griffin or Rose, but wouldn't give up Carter Jr for either as there is little chance either guy will be contributor when we're ready to contend and there is at least a chance WCJ could.
:clap:
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,725

Post#152 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:26 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

Holy **** no

Blake Griffin might be the worst contract in the NBA.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#153 » by gobullschi » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 pm

I think Detroit would be happy with Sato + Young + Felicio for Griffin. They save a bunch of money. Not sure why Bulls would want Griffin, unless Markkanen gets moved.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#154 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 pm

Take out Carter and give them Thad young and that would be an excellent trade. Just for the fact Sato bum ass would be off the bulls. Rose and Griffin are both better than Sato. That would almost be like highway robbery though.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#155 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:05 am

I wouldnt trade for Paul George unless it was for our scraps. He can be an upgrade in the regular season but in the playoffs he has been horrible 3 straight playoffs.

It we were to trade Otto for Paul George than its nothing to complain about.
The Cult of Personality
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#156 » by imagge » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:13 am

TheSuzerain wrote:

Holy **** no

Wait a minute that designation belonged to Chris Paul and we saw how that worked out :dontknow:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#157 » by MrSparkle » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:46 am

Sorry wonderboy but I think Sato stays. $5m guaranteed for 21/22. Low trade value. Prime age. Pretty solid defense and spot-up shooter, capable of a better season. Can basically play 3 positions, and won't make a fuss coming off the bench or even being DNP'd until injuries hit.

If DET wants to dump Griffin on us, I'll consider this, but it kinda depends on what's done with the draft picks (4 & 7 presents a lot of options):

LaVine, Felicio for Griffin, Rose, Kennard, #7
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#158 » by Dez » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:48 am

imagge wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:

Holy **** no

Wait a minute that designation belonged to Chris Paul and we saw how that worked out :dontknow:

That was based on Paul being incredibly injury prone not his play

Russell Westbrook is and will continue to be the worst contract.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#159 » by Onibuh » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:12 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I wouldnt trade for Paul George unless it was for our scraps. He can be an upgrade in the regular season but in the playoffs he has been horrible 3 straight playoffs.

It we were to trade Otto for Paul George than its nothing to complain about.

What about Otto + 1st RDP? George is a player I've really stopped liking but he is still a good player you want to use your Capspace for.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#160 » by Andi Obst » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 am

MrSparkle wrote:Sorry wonderboy but I think Sato stays. $5m guaranteed for 21/22. Low trade value. Prime age. Pretty solid defense and spot-up shooter, capable of a better season. Can basically play 3 positions, and won't make a fuss coming off the bench or even being DNP'd until injuries hit.

If DET wants to dump Griffin on us, I'll consider this, but it kinda depends on what's done with the draft picks (4 & 7 presents a lot of options):

LaVine, Felicio for Griffin, Rose, Kennard, #7

I need at least 2 unprotected (or close it, say top 3 protected) picks to take on Blake Griffin and I certainly wouldn't give them anything with value back (so definitely no LaVine). That's how bad his contract is IMO. Of course, the Pistons would never do this because they simply have no reason to dump Griffin. They suck and need talent more than any other team in the league (their best young piece is...Doumbouya?) and they won't sign a meaningful free agent anyway, so why give up assets to dump Blake? I think they did a good job moving on from Drummond knowing that he would opt in, but they didn't have to give up anything to dump him.

In short, I don't see the point for either team.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.

Return to Chicago Bulls