Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#1261 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:He only shoots. Late 2nd to undrafted for me.

Seems like his strength for sure but watching some highlights doesn't seem like he's Jason Kapono or something. If that's where he's projected even better. He's got tools and a body to work with in the NBA to me.

Funnily enough with you mentioning Kapono, @wizzyDFS on Twitter has a fun college player comparison tool. (everybody play with it, it is super fun and he gets his clicks)

Kapono meets Hood feels pretty fair for Nwora.

I mean I guess their stats line up? Kapono was a stand still guy who's extreme lack of athleticism and any type of NBA body prevented him from being any more than a turret. Nwora has pretty good length for his size and far more athleticism to project to more then that at the next level. But you wanna give me Rodney Hood I'm all for that at a late first/second/undrafted.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1262 » by RiotPunch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Seems like his strength for sure but watching some highlights doesn't seem like he's Jason Kapono or something. If that's where he's projected even better. He's got tools and a body to work with in the NBA to me.

Funnily enough with you mentioning Kapono, @wizzyDFS on Twitter has a fun college player comparison tool. (everybody play with it, it is super fun and he gets his clicks)

Kapono meets Hood feels pretty fair for Nwora.

I mean I guess their stats line up? Kapono was a stand still guy who's extreme lack of athleticism and any type of NBA body prevented him from being any more than a turret. Nwora has pretty good length for his size and far more athleticism to project to more then that at the next level. But you wanna give me Rodney Hood I'm all for that at a late first/second/undrafted.

That's the *meets* part, but yeah comps suck. I just thought it was funny, because I use that tool a lot. He's better and more athletic than Kapono and worse than Hood. He is a good shooter, but doesn't really offer much else, although I like the rebounding. I would probably not draft him though, just my opinion.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,640

Post#1263 » by machu46 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I ask this ever year, have gotten some good answers recently (Jevon Carter, Monte Morris). Who are the “dogs” in this draft? Who’s going to be physical and get into guys defensively? PJ Tucker, Royce Oneal, Torrey Craig mindsets. Who are the dogs of 2020?

Ty-Shon Alexander

Yam Madar
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#1264 » by emunney » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Is it weird that they've moved the draft to be farther from the end of the season than it usually is? I think it's weird.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1265 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 pm

I would for sure call the Kings and Sixers as trade down Partners, they have three #35, #43, #52 and the Sixers have four #34, #36, #49. #58

Grant Riller (maybe in a trade down scenario or buy a 2nd)

He is 23 years old, projected at 2nd round, and per36 he is the #4 best scorer of this class.
He shot the 3 ball at 36+ % , and he is one of the best PPP on pick n rolls. He can pull up off the dribble the mid range and he finishes at the rim well. Reminds me a bit like VanVleet with better handles and a bit more creativity at his finishes. Check him out

Payton Pritchard (projected 2nds round 41.5 3p% on a high clip 6.7 3PA)

Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#1266 » by Badgerlander » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:34 am

emunney wrote:Is it weird that they've moved the draft to be farther from the end of the season than it usually is? I think it's weird.

I think they want to get the cap set for next season first, and they will have to negotiate the tax etc so teams can make financial decisions on what their savings may be in trading their pick etc.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1267 » by mke_design » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:40 am

Fotis St wrote:I would for sure call the Kings and Sixers as trade down Partners, they have three #35, #43, #52 and the Sixers have four #34, #36, #49. #58

He is 23 years old, projected at 2nd round, and per36 he is the #4 best scorer of this class.
He shot the 3 ball at 36+ % , and he is one of the best PPP on pick n rolls. He can pull up off the dribble the mid range and he finishes at the rim well. Reminds me a bit like VanVleet with better handles and a bit more creativity at his finishes. Check him out

I really like Grant Riller - I asked about others takes about him a while back and this is the first i've seen :nod:
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
machu46
General Manager

Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#1268 » by machu46 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:43 am

Fotis St wrote:I would for sure call the Kings and Sixers as trade down Partners, they have three #35, #43, #52 and the Sixers have four #34, #36, #49. #58

I loved watching Pritchard in college but my guy is he won’t translate to the NBA. The questionable translation guy I actually like is Cassius Winston from Michigan State (hopefully got the correct Cassius name this time but I’m talking about the Michigan State PG)

You’d also like Tyrell Terry from Stanford. Gets compared to Seth Curry a decent amount but I think he has more upside than Seth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,517

Post#1269 » by drone3 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:38 am

Tyrell Terry looks like the exact opposite of Bledsoe. High IQ , 3p Sniper, good passing. Weak body, crap D.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1270 » by M-C-G » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:39 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I ask this ever year, have gotten some good answers recently (Jevon Carter, Monte Morris). Who are the “dogs” in this draft? Who’s going to be physical and get into guys defensively? PJ Tucker, Royce Oneal, Torrey Craig mindsets. Who are the dogs of 2020?

Tyrese Maxey, Nate Hinton, Tyler Bey, Xavier Tillman

Considering our draft range, Hinton is THA DAWG (COUGAR). He is a fiery competitor, rebounds and defends like a MF, can knock down shots solidly enough. Does not back down. Marcus Smart meets Keldon Johnson kinda vibes.

What a fun guy to watch. Definitely has an infectious energy out there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#1271 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:46 am

RiotPunch wrote:

Tyrese Maxey, Nate Hinton, Tyler Bey, Xavier Tillman

Considering our draft range, Hinton is THA DAWG (COUGAR). He is a fiery competitor, rebounds and defends like a MF, can knock down shots solidly enough. Does not back down. Marcus Smart meets Keldon Johnson kinda vibes.

These highlights made my thang move a little.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#1272 » by emunney » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:55 am

Yeah there's no doubt we could have used a Hinton in the bubble. Those 50-50 balls were going 20-80 at best. He'd have fixed that.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
machu46
General Manager

Post#1273 » by machu46 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:59 am

Wow lol. Never seen a second of him play but that’s a hell of a tape right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#1274 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:04 am

That mixtape reminds me that we should draft this guy

John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
machu46
General Manager

Post#1275 » by machu46 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Guessing he's probably come up at some point in this thread, but I've been thinking more about the fact that I think spending big money on the C position is a poor use of the cap and therefore have been more seriously considering what life is like without Brook here.

Xavier Tillman looks really promising to me. Only 6'8" but listed at 245 lbs with a 7'1" wingspan. Good ball-handler and passer for his size. Plays his heart out on both ends of the floor and is just one of those guys that makes all the hustle plays/does the little things. Racked up steals and blocks at Michigan State (though I don't think the shot blocking will translate personally). Just a talented all-around player really. I think there's a decent chance that we could fill the C role with some cheap vets (maybe even Robin) + Tillman + playing Giannis there sometimes and be totally fine with getting off Brook's contract.

leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1276 » by leroyjw10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm

machu46 wrote:Guessing he's probably come up at some point in this thread, but I've been thinking more about the fact that I think spending big money on the C position is a poor use of the cap and therefore have been more seriously considering what life is like without Brook here.

Xavier Tillman looks really promising to me. Only 6'8" but listed at 245 lbs with a 7'1" wingspan. Good ball-handler and passer for his size. Plays his heart out on both ends of the floor and is just one of those guys that makes all the hustle plays/does the little things. Racked up steals and blocks at Michigan State (though I don't think the shot blocking will translate personally). Just a talented all-around player really. I think there's a decent chance that we could fill the C role with some cheap vets (maybe even Robin) + Tillman + playing Giannis there sometimes and be totally fine with getting off Brook's contract.

Maybe it's just the Michigan State connection, but gives off Draymond vibes.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1277 » by machu46 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:35 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
machu46 wrote:Guessing he's probably come up at some point in this thread, but I've been thinking more about the fact that I think spending big money on the C position is a poor use of the cap and therefore have been more seriously considering what life is like without Brook here.

Maybe it's just the Michigan State connection, but gives off Draymond vibes.

If I'm being extremely optimistic, there's definitely some Draymond/Horford in his game. Maybe more realistically a rich man's Kyle O'Quinn.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#1278 » by midranger » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 pm

Give me a couple bouncy young guys who can defend with integrity and see If you can develop their offense a bit.

That said, I’d be happy if we walked away with Tillman and Hinton this draft.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1279 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:32 pm

You guys have got me on Nate Hinton. That’s my guy now. If we can nab Hinton and stash a Slovene it’ll be a dream draft for me.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1280 » by tydett » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:You guys have got me on Nate Hinton. That’s my guy now. If we can nab Hinton and stash a Slovene it’ll be a dream draft for me.

I was watching his tape and saying "I want that dude now." Gimme some of dat motor.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks