ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is Enough vogel has got to go.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Enough is Enough vogel has got to go. 

Post#81 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:51 am

LBC SoCal wrote:What’s going on with Dwight Howard tho. This seems like a matchup where he’d thrive.

defintely not, the switching will kill him. Glad Rondo is working out. I always said he's going to be okay. When he has time to study his opponent, he'll be better. Its one opponent he has to see 4-7 times. The rondo takes did have me thinking otherwise, but I just thought I've seen this guy before. I know what he can bring.

Hopefully he keeps it up. I really want this laker showdown. I'm not rooting for the lakers to win the showdown but I want to see them both get there.

LeBron is playing absolutely incredible. Really looks like he's back to himself.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,193

Post#82 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:57 am

Rondo is shooting out of his mind.

Even making good defensive plays.

Rockets crumbled with the trap, especially the late doubles.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#83 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 am

Nobody beats this team if they play like they did yesterday. If they continue to play like they did in game two and three round two, enough is enough; Vogel needs to stay. Lol.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#84 » by mcscotty » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:04 am

Vogel has got this team working as a complete cohesive unit. Everyone has bought into their role and not one player had a bad game today. The entire team was on fire. Beating DÁntoni at his own game decisively. Vogel has done an incredible job of managing this ragtag group of misfits and egos.This is honestly some of the best 2-way basketball I've ever seen. Explosive, efficient offense combined with lock down team defense. Joy to watch. Great time to be a Laker fan.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Post#85 » by Beethoven » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Caruso is incredible now.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#86 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:08 pm

mcscotty wrote:Vogel has got this team working as a complete cohesive unit. Everyone has bought into their role and not one player had a bad game today. The entire team was on fire. Beating DÁntoni at his own game decisively. Vogel has done an incredible job of managing this ragtag group of misfits and egos.This is honestly some of the best 2-way basketball I've ever seen. Explosive, efficient offense combined with lock down team defense. Joy to watch. Great time to be a Laker fan.

I think it's worth noting that we lost the opener of both series, and then made necessary adjustments. Vogel seems good enough in my book. I guess it'll come down to this next series for most fans. I'd throw it out there that most had us as #2...so there's probably no shame in losing this next series (provided it's not a beat-down).....but it won't do him any good.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#87 » by Kilroy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Vogel is about to face the only real test he's had this post season... If we face the Clippers, it'll be the first time we didn't just have a clear talent advantage. Not only that, but Doc's great at getting his teams ready and making adjustments.
If FrankV **** the bed in the WCF, then it may be time to start talking about an improvement there.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
wco81
RealGM

Post#88 » by wco81 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:53 pm

As long as KCP, Rondo, Caruso are hitting their shots ...
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#89 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:12 am

Well never mind. The B-ball gods reminded us that the Clippers are eternal fail....so it's on to Denver. No chumps, not by a long stretch...but you'd think we'd be the favs in this one.

Vogal.....your arse is on the line. Lose this series, and I doubt many fans will ever like you. For the record...I think the guy is pretty decent. Laker fans have been nit-pickin the coaches since I can remember.
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#90 » by LBC SoCal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:16 am

Among the remaining 4 teams left, Vogel isn’t looking too bad.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Well never mind. The B-ball gods reminded us that the Clippers are eternal fail....so it's on to Denver. No chumps, not by a long stretch...but you'd think we'd be the favs in this one.

Vogal.....your arse is on the line. Lose this series, and I doubt many fans will ever like you. For the record...I think the guy is pretty decent. Laker fans have been nit-pickin the coaches since I can remember.
Don't worry. Dwight Howard has chewed up jokic all year. It will continue in the playoffs

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 am

LBC SoCal wrote:Among the remaining 4 teams left, Vogel isn’t looking too bad.
He's the worst coach remaining but it shouldn't matter. Lakers have LeBron James. Brad Stevens,spo and Malone are all better. Doc was the worst one before they were eliminated

There's really no way they mess this up.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#93 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:38 pm

mcscotty wrote:Vogel has got this team working as a complete cohesive unit. Everyone has bought into their role and not one player had a bad game today. The entire team was on fire. Beating DÁntoni at his own game decisively. Vogel has done an incredible job of managing this ragtag group of misfits and egos.This is honestly some of the best 2-way basketball I've ever seen. Explosive, efficient offense combined with lock down team defense. Joy to watch. Great time to be a Laker fan.

This. Well said.

The defense is super disciplined and rotations are intelligent, timely and crisp. We’re playing team defense I think better than I have seen any team do it since the Detroit Pistons with Billups, Rip, Prince, Wallace years.

With defense like that our offense becomes fast break showtime! With our roster, we can run the break better than most.

I’m very glad we haven’t seen too many capitulation threes from LBJ.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
wco81
RealGM

Post#94 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

It really depends on who gets hot. Jokic shot lights out from 3 and that is why the Nuggets won.

For the Lakers, Rondo, KCP shot really well vs. Houston.

So which players are going to shoot over their heads?
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#95 » by BEazy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 am

Imagine Tyronn Lue instead of Vogel. I was rooting for Vogel since we fired Walton. I was devastated when there was news about Tyronn Lue accepting the Lakers coaching job. Then he backed out and we hired Vogel. Glad Lue backed out because I don't think we would've made it this far into the playoffs and held together as as team with all the events happening this year with Lue at the helm. Vogel deserves a lot of credit and I hope he's coaching the purple and gold for a very long time.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,227

Post#96 » by EArl » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:17 pm

For all the crap we've given Vogel he's still in the playoffs. Brad Stevens is getting his ass kicked while nurse and Budenholzer are gone.
Vogel has come through in his defensive adjustments. I don't think Tyron Lue would have gotten us this far.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#97 » by Vae Victus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Tyronn Lue didnt help one iota in the LAC-DEN series, as we saw the Clips get crushed in 3 straight games after holding double digit leads. If Lue was coach, ive a feeling the team wouldn't have anywhere close to the defense we have now and gotten worse seeding and bounced in the 1st or 2nd round at best of the playoffs.

Doc literally made zero positive adjustments in the last 3 games of that series. It was **** unbelievable.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#98 » by Wavy Q » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:20 pm

Vogel is literally the same as every other coach that isnt Pop/Kerr/Nurse/Spoelstra/Carslile. Those are the 5 that impact their teams for the better. (might be forgetting someone) Every other coach is meh or gets in the way.

I have the opinion that coaching is the least important thing in basketball vs other sports. Stars win you games.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Post#99 » by Slava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:21 pm

Wavy Q wrote:Vogel is literally the same as every other coach that isnt Pop/Kerr/Nurse/Spoelstra/Carslile. Those are the 5 that impact their teams for the better. (might be forgetting someone) Every other coach is meh or gets in the way.

I have the opinion that coaching is the least important thing in basketball vs other sports. Stars win you games.

I think Vogel might be in the next tier if not in that conversation. His attention to detail and getting superstars to buy in, especially on defense is a special skill. I haven't seen LeBron be so integrated into a defensive scheme since Miami, he usually freelances a lot.

I'm watching Stevens struggling with Toronto and Miami's zone for two consecutive series and I remember Vogel adjusting to it after one time out when they played us in LA during the regular season. Granted the personnel are quite different between LA and Boston considering LeBron is much taller than the Celtics guards and AD is a good enough passer to put in the middle of the zone and let him pick them apart but still his adjustments have so far never felt late.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#100 » by Kilroy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Kilroy wrote:Vogel is about to face the only real test he's had this post season... If we face the Clippers, it'll be the first time we didn't just have a clear talent advantage. Not only that, but Doc's great at getting his teams ready and making adjustments.
If FrankV **** the bed in the WCF, then it may be time to start talking about an improvement there.

Well this post didn't age well... Doc sucks, all in on Vogel.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers