ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on aggressive pursuit of Fred Van Vleet & Joe Harris/Davis Bertans

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Re: Fred VanVleet Coming to NYC? 

Post#321 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is the same guy who created Legion Hoops which has 400k followers on twitter.

Both accounts are terrible
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 834

Post#322 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:53 pm

GONYK wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is the same guy who created Legion Hoops which has 400k followers on twitter.

He sold Legion Hoops to a college kid.

Now he’s at this new account.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#323 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

He sold Legion Hoops to a college kid.

Now he’s at this new account.

This new account is just as bad as the one he sold :lol:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,633

Post#324 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

8-)

Right around what Malcolm Brogdon got.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#325 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:29 pm

:evil:
GONYK wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I know everyone might not be aware but legion hoops is like many of these sites/ twitter pages are not reliable. Followers don’t mean anything.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Re: Thoughts on aggressive pursuit of Fred Van Vleet & Joe Harris/Davis Bertans 

Post#326 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:58 pm

KnicksFTW wrote:People on this thread are okay with us sucking again next year? Guess just stick to what theyre comfortable with...lol

FVV isnt stellar but he provides a lot of what the Knicks need. He brings a winning mentality.

We keep singing rejects that put up good numbers and then want to trade them halfway through the season, not realizing that their numbers was fools gold and they are perennial losing players.

Who here thought Morris would be our best signing last year? Dude was the fourth option on a winning team and he turned out to be our best player and elevated his game.

You have to also take into account that we're not going to find guys like FVV overnight. We need to get RJ Mitch help now to elevate their play. So they know what it FEELS like to WIN. Even if its just a first round exit. Its promising.It builds confidence. Something you don't see on a fckn stat sheet.

I'm all in on FVV and I hope the reports are true that we sign him. No one is signing here in NYC until the Knicks show promise. I don't know how you guys fail to see that by us signing everyones leftovers the last 2 seasons.

At first I was against FVV, but now I see the value of a winning player that’s still getting better.
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#327 » by NY 567 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Knicks gonna Knick. This would be an awful signing.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#328 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:21 pm

"He's not worth 20-25 million"

I don't think you all appreciate just how much a good starting PG is paid, even Patrick Beverly is getting $13 million next year.

Brogdon set the market for what someone like Fred should be paid, he's worth slightly more because he doesn't have the injury concerns Brogdon had, and he's worth more than Rozier because he's not a bench player like Terry was when he signed with the Hornets.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#329 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:"He's not worth 20-25 million"

I don't think you all appreciate just how much a good starting PG is paid, even Patrick Beverly is getting $13 million next year.

Brogdon set the market for what someone like Fred should be paid, he's worth slightly more because he doesn't have the injury concerns Brogdon had, and he's worth more than Rozier because he's not a bench player like Terry was when he signed with the Hornets.

I think he is worth Brogdon money. But anything more than that is a overpay and I would stay away imo. And it looks like we have to give him Jamal Murray type $$ to steal him, which I would not do at all
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#330 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I think he is worth Brogdon money. But anything more than that is a overpay and I would stay away imo. And it looks like we have to give him Jamal Murray type $$ to steal him, which I would not do at all
Read on Twitter

Makes sense, but it's telling that they want him back and recognize how good he is, but our fanbase seems to think he's not even worth Brogdon money. :lol:
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#331 » by Dantares » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:11 pm

"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#332 » by ctorres » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 pm

If VanVleet ends up a Knick, he would become the team captain. No one else on the roster is currently as qualified.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,843

Post#333 » by robillionaire » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:29 pm

hopefully he goes back to toronto
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#334 » by BKlutch » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:16 am

FVV is an unrestricted free agent - the Knicks were reported last month to be willing to offer $22M/year and Toronto is on record saying resigning him is a priority. We don't need a bidding war, and I'm not sure if he's worth $22M/year after the playoffs.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,000

Post#335 » by god shammgod » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:10 am

no. no thank you.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,610

Post#336 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:11 am

This is how we free up 22 million imo:

1. Get rid of Randle (18 mill)
2. Get rid of DSJ (4 mill)

Okay, if we don't wanna dump DSJ, we can dump: Bobby Portis (15 mill), Moe Harkless (11 mill), Taj Gibson (sorry Taj, I actually appreciate you but 9.8), Elfrid Payton (8 mill), (Ellington 7.8). Use the rest of the cap wisely and it's doable. If Detroit or Toronto or Phoenix overpays, then even better. Salary cap is around 110, so 22 is cutting it a little close, like 20%. He's probably worth closer to that 18-20 mark to me, but if Thibs wants him, that probably won't seal the deal.

Other options: I'd kick the tires on a Conley deal to see if they would give up assets to dump him. Rondo as a vet mentor. Not Westbrook. CP3 if they give up assets. DJ Augustin. Dragon.
jermsknicks
Senior
And1: 254

Post#337 » by jermsknicks » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 am

I think FVV would take 18 per to stay in Canada. I just don't see him leaving the stable franchise out of the spotlight.

I would pay him up to 24 mil, just not sure he would handle or want the pressure for being the guy to save this franchise.

Great defender and knock down shooter. He'd perfect to pair with RJ. I would love that team in a different market, I just know how ruthless fans and media would be his first off night.
I would still draft a PG like Lewis who can find that open guy and just play small ball.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#338 » by WargamesX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:19 am

jermsknicks wrote:I think FVV would take 18 per to stay in Canada. I just don't see him leaving the stable franchise out of the spotlight.

I would pay him up to 24 mil, just not sure he would handle or want the pressure for being the guy to save this franchise.

Great defender and knock down shooter. He'd perfect to pair with RJ. I would love that team in a different market, I just know how ruthless fans and media would be his first off night.
I would still draft a PG like Lewis who can find that open guy and just play small ball.

I don’t think anyone expects him to save the franchise. They would want him to probably only slightly improve his stats but even if he stayed the same, most fans would be happy.

Honestly there isn’t any real reason to be against going after him. He is a legit starting PG good, but is behind Lowry who is all star good. The Knicks haven’t had a good start pg since Felton’s first tour
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#339 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:07 am

jermsknicks wrote:I think FVV would take 18 per to stay in Canada. I just don't see him leaving the stable franchise out of the spotlight.

Then don't put saving the franchise on him. Hes a good player who fits. We're trying to build a good team here and want him to be part of it. Leave it at that. Even if its not this yr and not FVV. Whenever the yr is when we enter FA, it don't always have to be some big 3 situation. Besides building slow through the draft, there's nothing wrong with building slow via FA. Dont gotta sign an entirely new team every yr.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#340 » by dakomish23 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

8-)

Right around what Malcolm Brogdon got.

I’m just waiting for us to offer a first for the privilege of offering this contract
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks