ImageImageImageImageImage

Miami-Boston series

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

MintFresh
Junior
And1: 195

Re: Miami-Boston series 

Post#21 » by MintFresh » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 am

Man I really wish we had Bam on our team. He would fit in perfectly.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#22 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:ADEBAYO IN YOUR FACE!!!

Sorry Iloveit

Now you post. Are you going to take the Heat now? I still got Boston in 7.

Your #Miamistrong is BS.

Stop talking to me. I wasn’t talking to you.

I said the #miamistrong thing to a friend who has a huge bet on Miami. I haven’t picked a team because I don’t care who wins. I really don’t. And I don’t need to make a pick because you said I should or whatever you are on about.

I posted about Bam’s dunk because it was awesome and won the game. It was also a jab at iloveit who was questioning Adebayo as a good player. Iloveit has been posting here forever and is a good dude.

Seriously, put me on ignore like you said you had and stick to it. Just leave me out of your posting.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,784

Post#23 » by floppymoose » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 am

As someone who hates Boston, i approve of this outcome.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#24 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:10 am

ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Rudruff wrote:I don't see how Boston lets Smart walk.

Ainge may trade Jaylen for Wiggins + #2 pick.

No single team that wants to win will take Wiggins contract. Unless we offer 3 picks along with him

This is a worst Warriors post of the season. We have to see how Wiggins plays with the regulars. I was being semi-sarcastic with my trade. I would trade Wiggins for Jaylen Brown straight up, but not include the #2 pick. The Celtics would not do it.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#25 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 am

jason bourne wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

No single team that wants to win will take Wiggins contract. Unless we offer 3 picks along with him

This is a worst Warriors post of the season. We have to see how Wiggins plays with the regulars. I was being semi-sarcastic with my trade. I would trade Wiggins for Jaylen Brown straight up, but not include the #2 pick. The Celtics would not do it.

You're a homer, Jaylen Brown is worth 3 times Wiggins and Boston would laugh at such an offer.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:38 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

You're a homer, Jaylen Brown is worth 3 times Wiggins and Boston would laugh at such an offer.

No, three things -- I believe in the #2 pick of AntMan or LaMelo as BPA, what Wiggins did early in his career, and that Wiggins is in shape. Jaylen Brown is also in excellent shape, and has grown so much with the Celtics that he is now supposed to be one of the best top twos in Tatum and Brown. They were being touted as the next Kawhi and PG-13 in hyperbole. I've criticized Wiggins plenty because he's played pretty much the way he has all season. Still, I think 12 games is a small sample size. Thus, you have to give him a chance to show what he could do with the regulars. He may be a nice defender and can shoot the 3-pt shot. That's what the Warriors brass are hoping for and we did get their 2021 FRP and 2021 SRP.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am

Mylie10 wrote:Stfu. Stop talking to me. I wasn’t talking to you.

I said the #miamistrong thing to a friend who has a huge bet on Miami. I haven’t picked a team because I don’t care who wins. I really don’t. And I don’t need to make a pick because you said I should or whatever you are on about.

I posted about Bam’s dunk because it was awesome and won the game. It was also a jab at iloveit who was questioning Adebayo as a good player. Iloveit has been posting here forever and is a good dude.

Seriously, put me on ignore like you said you had and stick to it. Just leave me out of your posting.

THEN DON'T EVER TALK BEHIND ME LIKE THE COWARD YOU ARE SAY I AM DUMB. FU.

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:You're a homer, Jaylen Brown is worth 3 times Wiggins and Boston would laugh at such an offer.

Oops, I shoulda added that Ws traded Jacob Evans (tg) and Omari Spellman (nice backup big), too. Getting rid of Evans was another big plus.

ImageImage
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#29 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 am

jason bourne wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

No, three things -- I believe in the #2 pick of AntMan or LaMelo as BPA, what Wiggins did early in his career, and that Wiggins is in shape. Jaylen Brown is also in excellent shape, and has grown so much with the Celtics that he is now supposed to be one of the best top twos in Tatum and Brown. They were being touted as the next Kawhi and PG-13 in hyperbole. I've criticized Wiggins plenty because he's played pretty much the way he has all season. Still, I think 12 games is a small sample size. Thus, you have to give him a chance to show what he could do with the regulars. He may be a nice defender and can shoot the 3-pt shot. That's what the Warriors brass are hoping for and we did get their 2021 FRP and 2021 SRP.

That's all reasonable to hope for, but Boston isn't making the trade this season. If the player we draft breaks out and is rookie of the year, then maybe, but why would be trade him then?
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:

That's all reasonable to hope for, but Boston isn't making the trade this season. If the player we draft breaks out and is rookie of the year, then maybe, but why would be trade him then?

I was addressing the extreme and ridiculous pot shot on Wiggins with my sarcastic trade. Tatum, Brown, Walker, and Smart seem to be the untouchables for the Celtics.

I doubt anyone is inferring any kind of trade with Boston when they're still battling for a Finals berth. Yet, NBA writers have already dismissed the notion of Marcus Smart getting traded, to the Warriors especially, because he's in line for a max type contract and Ainge still wants a big man. What I see is Gordon Hayward being thrown into the mix when he returns. He may be the one being showcased for a trade in the near future. Will turn 31 next season. I doubt he gives up his PO, but he may take a lesser deal for more years at this stage of his career.

ImageImage
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#31 » by Little Digger » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 pm

Why is Miami a dog today?

Must be a home game for the C’s
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#32 » by Onus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Miami really reminds me of how the warriors used to play. I’m shocked teams don’t just switch everything and mug cutters like they used to do to us.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM

Post#33 » by Onus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Little Digger wrote:Why is Miami a dog today?

Must be a home game for the C’s

You taking Miami tonight?
Onus
RealGM

Post#34 » by Onus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:01 am

Man Miami just has too many weapons and their Defense is stellar with all that length and speed
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#35 » by cpower » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:33 am

Duncan Robinson and herro are amazing.. both guys shooting lights out while playing smart basketball.

Miami really puts together a great team with a lot of shooting and defense...this is where we lack and we need to do a better job getting talents like Robinson and Herro... Imaging having these 2 guys on our team we will be amazing.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#36 » by ahmetmekin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:49 am

cpower wrote:Duncan Robinson and herro are amazing.. both guys shooting lights out while playing smart basketball.

Miami really puts together a great team with a lot of shooting and defense...this is where we lack and we need to do a better job getting talents like Robinson and Herro... Imaging having these 2 guys on our team we will be amazing.

Indeed we have better versions of Robinson and Herro but Butler, Bam, Crowder are missing.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#37 » by Little Digger » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:02 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Remind you of Dray?

Winners to the core
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#38 » by Frozzy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 pm

cpower wrote:Duncan Robinson and herro are amazing.. both guys shooting lights out while playing smart basketball.

I mean we have the original and better version of Robinson and Herro. lol

But yeah this Miami team has great cohesion.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#39 » by HiRez » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:48 pm

So Smart is not a robot as we all suspected? This is good popcorn material, too bad it wasn't the Bucks locker room.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#40 » by TinoDubs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:32 pm

jason bourne wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Wiggins for Jaylen Brown straight up? No, not gonna happen. Remember that we have to give up our 1st so team can take Iggy from us. Wiggins might be a good fit for us, but to the league .... right now, Wiggins is a bust.

Return to Golden State Warriors