ImageImageImage

How good is Tyler Herro?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Re: How good is Tyler Herro? 

Post#21 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:36 pm

IggieCC is my least favorite message board contributor.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#22 » by IggieCC » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:09 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:IggieCC is my least favorite message board contributor.

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#23 » by DrHeat » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:07 am

I think in general when people miss in good prospects is because the lack of athleticism and lack of elite measurables...I think the NBA tends to overvalues those traits and undervalue feel for the game, IQ and skill (like passing, shooting)

There are multiple players that were picked below their draft slot because of the poor measurements of lack of elite athletic profile

Luka Doncic was not the first pick because he is not athletic enough
Middleton was picked on the second round for the same reason
Klay was picked at #9

Herro was under appreciated for the same reason BTW you know who also has a neutral wingspan Jimmy Butler
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#24 » by shanedude » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Its fun going back to see Herro's summer league highlights and how much of it has translated to the NBA game.What a baller. I'm looking forward to see him really assert himself on this team and just ball out
Tyler Gang or Die
Arsenworld
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#25 » by Arsenworld » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Imo he can be a superstar if he grows accordingly based on his rookie year he is fearless and with some more experience and work he is going to be one of the most deadly all around scorers in the game he can score from everywhere on the floor and that's huge
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#26 » by IggieCC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks Tyler Herro for your very optimistic predictions about your NBA career :)

Good luck buddy and welcome to RealGM Tyler
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#27 » by Wiltside » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:26 am

In response to OP's question: Tyler Herro is good.

I don't want to go around hyping him up as the next Devin Booker or Klay Thompson. Yes, I'm aware his numbers compare quite favourably to those guys at the same age but development is not linear - there's no guarantee he reaches that ceiling of an All-NBA calibre player.

But I like what I see so far. He's a baller.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#28 » by Heat3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:48 pm

How good is he? So good that I won’t question that he pronounces Herro like Hero even though I know better.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,374

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,011

Post#30 » by DayofMourning » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

You a closet Heat fan Jamaaliver? :D
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#31 » by IggieCC » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:30 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

We are willing to offer Chalm Down, a closet Hawks fan, for Jamaal dom. bundle Heatlanta as a filler if we must
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by DayofMourning » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:32 pm

IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

We are willing to offer Chalm Down, a closet Hawks fan, for Jamaal dom. bundle Heatlanta as a filler if we must

Wow. That's a blockbuster. You think the Hawks board will do it? Do we need to add another asset?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#33 » by Wiltside » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:05 am

DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Wow. That's a blockbuster. You think the Hawks board will do it? Do we need to add another asset?

The BBW’s are enough of an ASSet I would think. Lucky Hawks board :lol:
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#34 » by IggieCC » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:22 am

Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:We are willing to offer Chalm Down, a closet Hawks fan, for Jamaal dom. bundle Heatlanta as a filler if we must

No doubt OP. The Hawks board would love the instant winning % increase vs Heat with Chalm Down at the helm. An influx of and1s will certainly energize the overall participation. Some might say this is a highway robbery but a FA of Jamaal's caliber simply does not fall into your lap very often it's a win-win. :)
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#35 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:36 am

IggieCC wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

No doubt OP. The Hawks board would love the instant winning % increase vs Heat with Chalm Down at the helm. An influx of and1s will certainly energize the overall participation. Some might say this is a highway robbery but a FA of Jamaal's caliber simply does not fall into your lap very often it's a win-win. :)

Honestly we should give Chalm for just open cap space tbh
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

Post#36 » by BFO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 pm

His vision and passing has impressed me the most these playoffs. Never seems rushed and whilst he hasn't been amazing defensively he has shown flashes of being more than capable at that end. The fact the coaches and his teammates trust him in the fourth speaks volumes. Could either become a very good Heat player or be critical in a trade for a legit star similar to how Caron Butler worked out for us.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by DayofMourning » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:06 pm

BFO wrote:His vision and passing has impressed me the most these playoffs. Never seems rushed and whilst he hasn't been amazing defensively he has shown flashes of being more than capable at that end. The fact the coaches and his teammates trust him in the fourth speaks volumes. Could either become a very good Heat player or be critical in a trade for a legit star similar to how Caron Butler worked out for us.

I would be pissed if we traded him. I think with our current build, we have the rights guys making the right salary to really accomplish big things.

We have some wiggle room this off-season, but that max slot in space we have in 2021 will probably have Riley riding this thing out.
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by BFO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:13 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
BFO wrote:His vision and passing has impressed me the most these playoffs. Never seems rushed and whilst he hasn't been amazing defensively he has shown flashes of being more than capable at that end. The fact the coaches and his teammates trust him in the fourth speaks volumes. Could either become a very good Heat player or be critical in a trade for a legit star similar to how Caron Butler worked out for us.

I would be pissed if we traded him. I think with our current build, we have the rights guys making the right salary to really accomplish big things.

We have some wiggle room this off-season, but that max slot in space we have in 2021 will probably have Riley riding this thing out.

If a top-line player wants a trade, I doubt Riley hesitates though. I remember how much fun the "pre-Shaq" team was with Odom, Grant, Butler, Wade, etc but hey, we don't win that title if we don't do that trade. I haven't studied the salary aspect of Miami but I know they could clear a chunk of room this off-season if need be (not much around though). Will be a very interesting two years ahead....made even more interesting if the Heat made it to the finals this season.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by DayofMourning » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm

BFO wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

If a top-line player wants a trade, I doubt Riley hesitates though. I remember how much fun the "pre-Shaq" team was with Odom, Grant, Butler, Wade, etc but hey, we don't win that title if we don't do that trade. I haven't studied the salary aspect of Miami but I know they could clear a chunk of room this off-season if need be (not much around though). Will be a very interesting two years ahead....made even more interesting if the Heat made it to the finals this season.

I think coming this far, with the state of the other teams in the league, differs quite a bit from the pre-Shaq days. Right now, as constructed, we are one of the top teams in the league. Id hate to see us tear the team apart and lose the squad we have now to try and add a max player. That'd hurt more than help.
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by BFO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:17 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
BFO wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I think coming this far, with the state of the other teams in the league, differs quite a bit from the pre-Shaq days. Right now, as constructed, we are one of the top teams in the league. Id hate to see us tear the team apart and lose the squad we have now to try and add a max player. That'd hurt more than help.

I am talking Giannis level, not Beal level. If an absolute top-tier became available, you'd have to do it. I love Bam, Herro etc, but I don't see any of them ever making it to MVP level. It's also a season totally wrecked by covid, we shouldn't go too far overboard with it one way or the other.

Return to Miami Heat