ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Keeper! He will be something special.
21%
Bust. He’s not improved and shown the ability to be consistent.
79%

Total votes: 96

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#141 » by blueNorange » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Infinitimind wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:People are funny Knox and Dsjr couldn't even play in carefree zero responsibility environment under Mills now they expect this guys to produce in tyrant military zone of thibs lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I see you probably never play basketball in your life. Care free, how can you play your game if you Are in and out of the line up. Playing inconsistent minutes like we are playing for the chip. Players need consistent minutes and put in a position to succeed . What we did to Knox was a crime. The kid is in his head playing scare, instead of being in power by our coaching staff.

Dsj came from Dallas averaging 18 a game and came here and average 6. Shows how good our coaching staff. I have no doubt Smith will get 18 a game this year

1. dsj at no point has ever averaged 18 ppg
2. dsj's best scoring season was 15 ppg on 15 shots, 39 fg% and a .473 ts% -- pathetic numbers from someone that takes a lot of shots
3. knicks drafting knox was a crime, just because knox is young doesn't excuse him -- young players show something, knox has shown nothing.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,917

Post#142 » by islanders11040 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:53 pm

If they offered Luka for Knox i would ask Dallas how many 1st rounders they are including on top of Luka.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#143 » by Knicksfan1992 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:58 pm

At this point you have to treat him like a bust and as a throw in in a trade. I wouldn't trade him just straight up however but let's say OKC wanted him in a CP trade I'd have no problems throwing him in or even if Utah wanted him in a Conley trade. He's a guy without a position in the modern league and if he doesn't become a top of the line shooter he's pretty useless IMO given where his other abilities are at. I'd see if him getting in Thibs's system can help other things come along in his game before I straight up dump him, but if someone offers a late 1st or like I said wants him in a bigger trade I would throw him in without hesitation.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#144 » by TBri1974 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:33 pm

I admit I didn't read the whole thread, but Knox is an NBA player, we just did a lousy job developing him. If he brings us back something in trade, so be it, but I am also okay with him being a starter or rotation piece. I believe he can be a very good scoring 3/4.

That being said, I still think we didn't develop John Wallace properly, so maybe I get these wrong.
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#145 » by Infinitimind » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:19 am

blueNorange wrote:
Infinitimind wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:People are funny Knox and Dsjr couldn't even play in carefree zero responsibility environment under Mills now they expect this guys to produce in tyrant military zone of thibs lol.

I see you probably never play basketball in your life. Care free, how can you play your game if you Are in and out of the line up. Playing inconsistent minutes like we are playing for the chip. Players need consistent minutes and put in a position to succeed . What we did to Knox was a crime. The kid is in his head playing scare, instead of being in power by our coaching staff.

Dsj came from Dallas averaging 18 a game and came here and average 6. Shows how good our coaching staff. I have no doubt Smith will get 18 a game this year

2. dsj's best scoring season was 15 ppg on 15 shots, 39 fg% and a .473 ts% -- pathetic numbers from someone that takes a lot of shots
3. knicks drafting knox was a crime, just because knox is young doesn't excuse him -- young players show something, knox has shown nothing.

Rj shot 40 percent as well. You don’t see to many young player averaging 45 percent right away. Some young players need to time to develop.

You right about Smith jr,but he was shooting 44 percent his 2nd year before he was traded.

How was drafting a knox crime, the Knicks has not developed a single player. Could be the organization has held back his development. Knox is still not a bust and has a chance to be a good player. Let’s not give up on the kids so soon.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#146 » by blueNorange » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 am

Infinitimind wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Infinitimind wrote:

Rj shot 40 percent as well. You don’t see to many young player averaging 45 percent right away. Some young players need to time to develop.

rj was shooting 38% before all star break and 45% in 11 games after the all star break before getting hurt.

rj has already shown improvment and adjusting to the league in his rookie season, while knox is still sucking.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,719

Post#147 » by 8516knicks » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:05 am

F N 11 wrote:

A lot of people do well with structure.

Okay-- KNOX and DSJ vs. FRANK AND RJ - to 11 - who u got?
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#148 » by rammagen » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:57 am

Look with teams inability to develop anyone it is tough to say what any of these kids are. How about we wait and see how he and Frank do for a yr under a real coach. while they may not be all stars, I have the feeling they while become starters in the league with development and they finally have a staff that looks like they will work on these kids skills and mental outlook
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,615

Post#149 » by stuporman » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:50 pm

This poll is a bust with no option for wait and see or stfu and gtfo
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#150 » by Infinitimind » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:59 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Infinitimind wrote:
blueNorange wrote:1. dsj at no point has ever averaged 18 ppg

rj was shooting 38% before all star break and 45% in 11 games after the all star break before getting hurt.

rj has already shown improvment and adjusting to the league in his rookie season, while knox is still sucking.

I love Rj and if he can shoot 80 percent from the line he can score 20 plus easy. And he had no spacing this year. But I think knox is kid with super talent, we just need to get out of him. We can not give up on him, Mikal Bridges is a better player but he also 3 year older than Knox.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#151 » by rajajackal » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:28 pm

8516knicks wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

A lot of people do well with structure.

obviously that 11/9 backcourt, if i may post for posting's sake

Ntilikina would lock DSJ down and RJ would simply have to do what many other smaller defenders have done to take Knox out of his game thus far
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#152 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:45 pm

What should happen: Burn the boats at the beach

Frank, #27=a SG who can play some point (36, 12 or split 12 with one of the prospects or give RJ some of these minutes if you are feeling frisky)
Dot, Bullock (split the 48 between them together with the #27)
RJ, Iggy (32, 16)
Poku (#8 or trade down to where you can get him if that's possible), Knox (24,24 - depends on development)
Mitch, Wooten? (dgaf, could be Taj) (36,12)

5 best G-league prospects/2nd rounders you can find.

[important edit] Of course, if some other team will ship the bad contract of a player to whom you do not have to (morally speaking) give playing time along with picks of sufficient worth, then reduce the number of speculative prospects you employ.

Trade Jules for as much draft assets and no non-flippable contracts as you can and cut the rest. (obv trade Dennis for draft assets if someone will give you anything.)

Doesn't make 90% of the cap? Doesn't matter within the CBA rules. Everyone on the roster gets told this is the time to step up and show you can play in the NBA and a nice pay bump as a sign the management has confidence that they will.*

Thibs makes them work like hell. You tell them all you'll cut/ship them without remorse if they slack & there goes that nice salaryx2 or whatever. (But really that's only to give Kev the stick at the same time as the carrot.)

No one cares what the results are. Frank (groin permitting), Dot and RJ are bloody-minded enough to keep on fighting however bad the storm. The team wins 27 which is good enough for the #5 pick and moves up to #3 in the lottery.

* Teams with a team salary below the minimum are surcharged for their shortfall, with the money distributed among the players on that team. The determination of how the money is distributed is up to the players union. Most recently they have distributed a full share to players who had spent at least 41 games on the team's roster, and a half share to players who had spent 20 to 40 games on the team's roster.

But ... neither Thibbs nor Rose came here to do that.

So what will happen is something very akin to Frank+Jules for CP3 and some random small number of picks going in an arbitrary direction. Bertans or Gallo or .. some other stretch 4 signed in FA. #8 will be a shooting guard. Some higgledy-piggledy collection of vet FAs (possibly including Taj or Portis or .. basically almost any of last year) and the only young ones who get consistent minutes are RJ, #8 (probably) and Mitch (when not in foul trouble). The Knicks stagger to 34 wins and draft #11. CP3 tears his Achillesduring the last 3 games of the year, at a point far to late to help a tank, and spends 2021-2022 receiving $44m whilst in a sedentary position.

[edit] Also, sorry, I forgot, but I'm predicting the return of Melo. And him playing significant minutes off the bench.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#153 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 pm

rajajackal wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
F N 11 wrote:A lot of people do well with structure.

obviously that 11/9 backcourt, if i may post for posting's sake

Ntilikina would lock DSJ down and RJ would simply have to do what many other smaller defenders have done to take Knox out of his game thus far

Knox and DSJ would be lucky to get to 0. Maybe Kev luckboxes a rebound and a 3 somehow?
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#154 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:55 pm

quoted instead of edited and now can't delete. that's unhelpful.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#155 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Infinitimind wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Infinitimind wrote:

I love Rj and if he can shoot 80 percent from the line he can score 20 plus easy. And he had no spacing this year. But I think knox is kid with super talent, we just need to get out of him. We can not give up on him, Mikal Bridges is a better player but he also 3 year older than Knox.

what does knox do well? and be honest with your answer.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,307

Post#156 » by DrCoach » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:23 am

Knoxs is a poor mans Tatum, hes needs to be developed
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#157 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:36 am

knox is a near worthless piece of stock

you dont sell low with him but you dont invest a lot of $ either

you give him time
Knox should be developed properly and assessed by someone competent not the people hes been around
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#158 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:08 am

You ask too many freaking questions.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#159 » by GEOLINK » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,466

Post#160 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:45 am

I’m keeping allllllllll the receipts man.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to New York Knicks