Re: 2020 playoff - Western Conference FINAL: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers 

Post#41 » by Duffman100 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:38 am

Yessss. Cmon you guys got a shot.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#42 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:33 am

Wouldn't it be cool to take out BOTH Los Angeles teams ???
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#43 » by NPZ » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Good game, peeps. Nuggs did some of the things the Lakers like to do. Shot better than the Lakers even tho LA was still over 500 which was surprising. LA has bad shooting games from either the arc or FTL that insure Ls, but the bad arc is worse than the line in that respect. Any rate, props gents. On to 4!
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#44 » by TunaFish » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 pm

Grant finally showed up on offense and they need to resign him. Murray is a star and if he becomes more consistent, the best point guard in the league.

Jokic is redefining the center position and is on his way to a Hall of Fame career.

MPJ and Bol are the future as well. Sure looks bright for the Nuggets' future.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#45 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:27 pm

TunaFish wrote:Grant finally showed up on offense and they need to resign him. Murray is a star and if he becomes more consistent, the best point guard in the league.

Jokic is redefining the center position and is on his way to a Hall of Fame career.

MPJ and Bol are the future as well. Sure looks bright for the Nuggets' future.

Sure do wish we had a "+10" button! :biggrin:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#46 » by The Rebel » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:39 am

Anybody else see that the Lakers are crying to the league about Lebron not getting enough free throws? Personally I would love if they called all the fouls on both ends that Lebron is involved in. He would be fouled out before the end of the 1st quarter.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-09-23/lakers-nuggets-game-four?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

We know this will either make the refs go out of their way to coddle Lebron or it will backfire. Personally I think it is **** considering the way the Lakers are playing this series.
skywalker33

Post#47 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:22 am

Anyone wanna bet LBJ starts getting more FT's next game ??

skywalker33

Post#48 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:10 am

Not surprising to us, but a decent read even with a bit of shade IMO

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/259614/The-Early-Ascension-Of-The-Nuggets

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by The Rebel » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:23 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Anyone wanna bet LBJ starts getting more FT's next game ??

LIke I said, I have seen it work, and I have seen it backfire. I hope they call him and the rest of the Lakers for all the fouls they commits as well, that will put an end to his crying pretty quickly as they will not have enough players available to start the 2nd half.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by The Rebel » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Not surprising to us, but a decent read even with a bit of shade IMO

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/259614/The-Early-Ascension-Of-The-Nuggets

I'm sorry but this reads like someone who got a thesaurus and put as many different big words as possible in his article to make him seem like a writer and like he was smart.
teksablabb
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#51 » by teksablabb » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:28 pm

A detailed analysis of the back and forth chess match in the series:

skywalker33

Post#52 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:47 pm

The Rebel wrote:

LIke I said, I have seen it work, and I have seen it backfire. I hope they call him and the rest of the Lakers for all the fouls they commits as well, that will put an end to his crying pretty quickly as they will not have enough players available to start the 2nd half.

Well, I honestly feel that would be the right thing, that IS the refs only job, to call ALL fouls as they see them. The referees have done a lousy job this whole bubble, the NBA needs to take a closer review on who they hire, it reflects on their shield.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by The Rebel » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:21 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Well, I honestly feel that would be the right thing, that IS the refs only job, to call ALL fouls as they see them. The referees have done a lousy job this whole bubble, the NBA needs to take a closer review on who they hire, it reflects on their shield.

The refs were just as bad in the 4th quarter of game 3 as the were the 2nd quarter of game 1. Instead of calling every foul against the Nuggets the just swallowed their whistle and let the Lakers do what they want while the Nuggets were called as the entire game was called. People are toed of it, game 2 was the least watched playoff game in 8 years. Yet game 7 against the Clippers was the highest rated game in the last year, so the Nuggets are not the issue.

Personally I don't care if they call every foul or none of them, but if a foul is a foul on one end than it is a foul on the other. Regardless of who they are or play for. Regardless of how the ref feels about a player or coach personally. The issue is that they do not even try to appear impartial anymore, and that is a huge drag on ratings.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#54 » by psimanic1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm

We win today, lets go!!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:14 pm

psimanic1 wrote:We win today, lets go!!

:hug: All together now :rockon: Nuggets Power :onfire:
Mr. Jokic is our wizard :wizard: It's Murray-time :clap:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#56 » by THE J0KER » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Lakers-Nuggets Game 4 Closes Viewership Gap Against Thursday Night Football
TNT's coverage of Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals averaged 4.6 million viewers compared to 5.43 million viewers for Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network. The NBA trailed the NFL by a few hundredths of a point in the 18-49 demographic at 1.87 compared to 1.9...
Nuggets finally draws some attention in the USA they deserved. I'm curious how Canadians follow current Murray's breakthrough. The fact is that something like this is unseen from some Canadian players except Steve Nash (if we ignore Ice Hockey stars).
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by The Rebel » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:52 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Lakers-Nuggets Game 4 Closes Viewership Gap Against Thursday Night Football
TNT's coverage of Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals averaged 4.6 million viewers compared to 5.43 million viewers for Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network. The NBA trailed the NFL by a few hundredths of a point in the 18-49 demographic at 1.87 compared to 1.9...
Nuggets finally draws some attention in the USA they deserved. I'm curious how Canadians follow current Murray's breakthrough. The fact is that something like this is unseen from some Canadian players except Steve Nash (if we ignore Ice Hockey stars).

Game 7 against the Clippers was the highest rated game in the bubble, the Nuggets are not having problems drawing viewers, it is actually the Lakers games that have been big since the start of the bubble.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#58 » by lazybatman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:19 am

Just hopped in to congratulate you all on a legendary post-season. Gave us a really tough series, which could well have gone 7, if a couple of plays / foul calls go here and there. Gave the Clippers arrogant SOBs and Jazz nightmares with those comebacks from 3-1 leads. Played overall brilliant ball, the right way.

-Murray, for me, jumped up the guard rankings to no. 2, right after Curry. Kid's got crazy horse shot skills, insane athleticism, uncanny passing vision for a 23 year old and obviously clutch af.
-Jokic(outside of the matchup problem against the Lakers) has established himself as a top 5 bad motherf*cker in the league.
-Grant, Harris and Morris are amazingly good, and could be stars for some weaker teams.
-MPJ and Bol bol have ceilings like KD/Porzingis/AD. The potential is just scary.

I felt there were some bad habits on defense, which is common for young players, and you have the right coach in place to improve there and become hopefully a long lasting dynastic team soon.

Cheers fellows. Respect!
skywalker33

Post#59 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:11 am

lazybatman wrote:Just hopped in to congratulate you all on a legendary post-season. Gave us a really tough series, which could well have gone 7, if a couple of plays / foul calls go here and there. Gave the Clippers arrogant SOBs and Jazz nightmares with those comebacks from 3-1 leads. Played overall brilliant ball, the right way.

-Murray, for me, jumped up the guard rankings to no. 2, right after Curry. Kid's got crazy horse shot skills, insane athleticism, uncanny passing vision for a 23 year old and obviously clutch af.
-Jokic(outside of the matchup problem against the Lakers) has established himself as a top 5 bad motherf*cker in the league.
-Grant, Harris and Morris are amazingly good, and could be stars for some weaker teams.
-MPJ and Bol bol have ceilings like KD/Porzingis/AD. The potential is just scary.

I felt there were some bad habits on defense, which is common for young players, and you have the right coach in place to improve there and become hopefully a long lasting dynastic team soon.

Cheers fellows. Respect!

Can't return the Cheer, your team is corrupt and can't win straight-up, just pathetic how so many of your fans are in denial. I win not watch your team win a fixed series, and if it was my team I'd be ashamed !

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:46 am

All I can say is that I am proud of our team - and hope that next year they do even better.

Return to Denver Nuggets