ImageImageImageImage

Markell Fultz

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,911

Re: Markell Fultz 

Post#61 » by MagicMatic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:52 pm

GatorbaitDD wrote:Fultz just doesn't have the attitude, or decision making I want out of my lead guard long term. I like him off the ball, but that's if he can find a consistent jumper. We need to forget about the current roster structure and just try to acquire talent at lead guard.

I honestly think a guy like Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton, or Tyrese Maxey are who I target in the draft to bring in some healthy competition, plus upside.

I’m amazed at how often people on this forum throw CJ McCollum's name out there as a solve all for our shooting/shot creation woes, but nobody ever talks about Tyrell Terry as a draft option.

Instead, people are looking at players that lack that ability and would fit terribly next to Fultz, who is obviously being invested in under WeHam as one their only good decisions.

If we aren’t taking roster construction into account, we should be at least taking Isaac and Fultz into consideration. They are this FO only decent investments and will likely not be on the table for trades. If that’s the case, why would they select a player that wouldn’t mesh with Fultz skill set?
GatorbaitDD
Rookie
And1: 673

Post#62 » by GatorbaitDD » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:48 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
GatorbaitDD wrote:Fultz just doesn't have the attitude, or decision making I want out of my lead guard long term. I like him off the ball, but that's if he can find a consistent jumper. We need to forget about the current roster structure and just try to acquire talent at lead guard.

I honestly think a guy like Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton, or Tyrese Maxey are who I target in the draft to bring in some healthy competition, plus upside.

I’m amazed at how often people on this forum throw CJ McCollum's name out there as a solve all for our shooting/shot creation woes, but nobody ever talks about Tyrell Terry as a draft option.

Instead, people are looking at players that lack that ability and would fit terribly next to Fultz, who is obviously being invested in under WeHam as one their only good decisions.

If we aren’t taking roster construction into account, we should be at least taking Isaac and Fultz into consideration. They are this FO only decent investments and will likely not be on the table for trades. If that’s the case, why would they select a player that wouldn’t mesh with Fultz skill set?

I'd love Terry if we can move back a bit, or move back into the late 1st. I think there are higher upside players available at our current pick. For example, Maxey would be a great fit next to Fultz imo.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,506

Post#63 » by jezzerinho » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:48 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

You should read the draft thread more. Lots of us interested in Terry at 15.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 582

Post#64 » by MasterGMer » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Is Markell Fultz really the Future PG for us?

His offensive game doesn't intrigue me and he is slow.

I'd rather draft someone or trade
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,629

Post#65 » by thelead » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:44 pm

MasterGMer wrote:Is Markell Fultz really the Future PG for us?

His offensive game doesn't intrigue me and he is slow.

I'd rather draft someone or trade

If he can fix his 3 (speed of shot and accuracy), yes. If not, he'll be a great 6th man (Livingston). Either way, great trade for us.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#66 » by Skybox » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 pm

He has to progress. The trade was a huge win but his pay scale is very high for where he is today...I'm a believer but...
BlueBlazer
Sophomore
And1: 87

Post#67 » by BlueBlazer » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:22 pm

MasterGMer wrote:and he is slow.

Slow, like running?
“I thought our Director of Scouting was just another name for a tape measure.” - StanVanGandhi
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#68 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:24 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

I like Terry but I agree with others that I think we need more out of that pick. I don’t see much more from him than catch and shoot.

Maybe the T-Wolves are open to dealing the the #17 pick since they have the #1 overall pick? Terry could be a nice addition there after we grab our primary target at #15.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#69 » by MagicMatic » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:50 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

I like Terry but I agree with others that I think we need more out of that pick. I don’t see much more from him than catch and shoot.

Maybe the T-Wolves are open to dealing the the #17 pick since they have the #1 overall pick? Terry could be a nice addition there after we grab our primary target at #15.

Yeah, I’m on with either option tbh. I don’t think there is going to be a clear cut BPA in our range, so I think finding skilled talent on offense should be a priority. Hearing that Terry is a playmaking shooter checks those boxes for me if Killian Hayes is undoubtedly off the board.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,255

Post#70 » by pepe1991 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:14 am

I don't mind Terry. Anybody who can handle the ball, pass and shoot can give you valid 20-25 min a game nowdays.
He is one of few players that has actually high FT% and 3%

He is small, he probably can't defend well, but hey, most PGs nowdays can't.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM

Post#71 » by Skybox » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:03 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

I’d really like to take two shots at the middle of this draft. If we could make a deal with an opted-in Evan, TRoss, or part of a bigger AG haul for a second frp, I’d be excited. It’s a crapshoot, but I think there’s offensive talent to be harvested.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#72 » by Def Swami » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:09 pm

The Magic will need a back up PG heading into next season with both Augustin and Carter-Williams as free agents. The Magic don't draft for need, but a point guard or combo guard would be helpful. Especially one that can shoot. I think Terry would instantly be the best shooter on the team if he were drafted. I could also see the Magic falling for Kira Lewis Jr.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#73 » by Skybox » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:14 pm

Def Swami wrote:The Magic will need a back up PG heading into next season with both Augustin and Carter-Williams as free agents. The Magic don't draft for need, but a point guard or combo guard would be helpful. Especially one that can shoot. I think Terry would instantly be the best shooter on the team if he were drafted. I could also see the Magic falling for Kira Lewis Jr.

I like the idea of a combo guard that could have a green light to lead the second unit and have potential to possibly play alongside Fultz in time. Gotta be a scorer regardless but I think Lewis, Maxey,Terry, Possibly even Hampton could be considered for that kind of role.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#74 » by Def Swami » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Skybox wrote:
Def Swami wrote:The Magic will need a back up PG heading into next season with both Augustin and Carter-Williams as free agents. The Magic don't draft for need, but a point guard or combo guard would be helpful. Especially one that can shoot. I think Terry would instantly be the best shooter on the team if he were drafted. I could also see the Magic falling for Kira Lewis Jr.

I like the idea of a combo guard that could have a green light to lead the second unit and have potential to possibly play alongside Fultz in time. Gotta be a scorer regardless but I think Lewis, Maxey,Terry, Possibly even Hampton could be considered for that kind of role.

Or if they trade up for Killian Hayes.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#75 » by zaymon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Quite a few prospects can meet that criteria. I would add Cole, Maledon, Bolmaro. All are limited in their own way tough.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#76 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Skybox wrote:

If we can somehow trade up for Hayes without sacrificing #15 and can grab someone like Terry to stash as another Ross spark plug off the bench to replace DJ ...

All sins of the WeHam are forgiven and they are reborn pure.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#77 » by MagicMatic » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Hayes is the prize for Orlando if we somehow managed to land him.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#78 » by Def Swami » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:21 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Hayes is the prize for Orlando if we somehow managed to land him.

I posted this in the draft thread, but the opportunity to trade up is there. The Hawks, Pistons, and Suns are all actively looking to trade out or down. The Warriors are looking for more veteran help. One of these players in the lottery/1st round are going to be good. It happens every year despite how weak a draft is to be perceived. This is where the superior front offices earn their check. If there's a player the Magic really like, they shouldn't be any excuses about failing to get that player this year. If they feel good about their spot at #15, then that's fine too. But, if Hayes (or Vassell or Nesmith or whoever for that matter) is someone they covet, then they should be aggressive for once in their tenure.
X_O_Z
Junior
And1: 254

Post#79 » by X_O_Z » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:37 am

We need shooters. That's the bottom line. Tired of always drafting raw prospects with defense that needs work on offense...No we need now smart shooters. Smart players that plays hard on every play. Injuries may have played a big part this season, but even with full roster we might have pushed to game 6 or 7.. There is a gem of a player in this years draft that can switch this franchise around...We need to draft smart.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,255

Post#80 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:03 am

I'm not really sold on Hayes. Doesn't pass my eye test well, kind a robotic, makes decisions what he will do before situation presents itself and what he should actually do. Guy lot of times beats his guy off dribble and instad of going at rim, just takes step back jumper. Like dude, you could shoot that in first place ?

Theo Maledon genuinely is below average guard imo. I could find 5 guards in Europe today better than him, younger than 24.

I like Tyrese Haliburton but i don't belive in his ballhandling potential, at least not as 1# option there ,he is two-guard and catch&shoot guy. His frame isn't great, maybe he can improve and upgrade his body...

Cole Anthony does nothing for me. Every time i watched anything about him all i could see is unathletic Mudiay.

If Nesmith lasted longer we would have way more objective picture about him. 14 games sample size is as limited as it gets.

It's no brainer that Magic need to draft guard ( PG or SG) but as usual i expect them to take some wingspan tweener
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic