Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#261 » by Dn4sty » Sun Sep 6, 2020 3:54 am

mr570 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
mr570 wrote:Not far at all. The future of OKC is passing-filled skilled players with athletic ability. Bazley was a sign of that imo and how the team played this year outside of the playoffs as well. Donovan is a different coach during the playoffs. I don't think the team wants another Russell Westbrook.

This team with Giannis is a huge upgrade. He would instantly put this okc team in contention to win the entire thing. You’d have to find a better center than Noel but you’d have the Tax MLE and two trade exceptions to do so (I would love Baynes for the Tax MLE)

You’d also have a legit shot at upgrading the players on the fringes of the roster as ring chasers would surely want to play with a team like this.

I don't see it. It's not a team full of shooters. Chris Paul would be gone in this scenario. SGA is more of a drive and dish style PG.

Help me understand why CP3 would be gone in this scenario?

Adding Giannis is all in. You might only get one year, so you don’t move CP3.

You’d also re-sign Gallo.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#262 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:28 am

I don’t think Sam would throw a ton of assets at Giannis. He only offered two for Paul George. I do think Milwaukee would demand shai.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#263 » by spearsy23 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:35 pm

Why would mke trade 25 year old giannis? If the answer is 'because he wants out' why would okc trade for giannis? If he wants out to play with better players, and Chris Paul is the guy that mollifies him, then mke trades for Chris Paul who is clearly available.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#264 » by jambalaya » Mon Sep 7, 2020 3:06 am

I'd pursue Hollis Jefferson and Boucher. Raptors probably retain but try. More on Boucher.

Possibly others.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#265 » by Balkman32 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:18 pm

soxperry wrote:Milwaukee trades: Giannis

OKC trades: Adams + (draft picks)

If he doesnt sign the super max, you guys are built to plug Giannis in and contend. Good defense that would be improved with him in the front court and plenty of ball handlers and shooters around him.

You try to sign him in '21. You pitch he can bring another max guy w/ him plus we will have Shai, Dort, Bazley & 3 FRP (1 2020 & 2 in 2021) on the roster and all of the draft assets to get the guys on good contracts that can do the little things in the playoffs. We are everything he wants the Bucks to be.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#266 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
soxperry wrote:Milwaukee trades: Giannis

OKC trades: Adams + (draft picks)

If he doesnt sign the super max, you guys are built to plug Giannis in and contend. Good defense that would be improved with him in the front court and plenty of ball handlers and shooters around him.

You try to sign him in '21. You pitch he can bring another max guy w/ him plus we will have Shai, Dort, Bazley & 3 FRP (1 2020 & 2 in 2021) on the roster and all of the draft assets to get the guys on good contracts that can do the little things in the playoffs. We are everything he wants the Bucks to be.

I’m optimistic for bazley and somewhat optimistic for Dort. However the feeling is not so strong that if each guy starts out the season looking bad I wouldn’t waiver. Both guys have done some encouraging things but it wouldn’t be a shock if some of the good things we saw in the bubble weren’t there at the beginning of next year.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,777

Post#267 » by QPR » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:47 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t think Sam would throw a ton of assets at Giannis. He only offered two for Paul George. I do think Milwaukee would demand shai.

Suspect they would also demand Bazley. They're certainly not going to trade Giannis for a package of Adams and a bunch of mid-range picks.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#268 » by retrobro90 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:22 am

MKE would want the farm from any team in a potential Giannis trade. Giannis also can't lead a team to a title by himself. If he's modern day Shaq then he needs modern day Kobe next to him. Trading all our war chest for an expiring Giannis is supremely short sighted. Look at LAC's new mercenaries. At least one of those dudes has 2 FMVPs. We'd be trading away the whole future to get a guy whose never made a conference finals while not having a real-deal sidekick to put next to him. I'm out on any and all proposals involving "trade the whole PG package for Giannis/Simmons/Beal etc"
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#269 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am

I don’t think there is a Giannis trade for the Thunder. But, they could have 2 max slots available in 2021.

When the Thunder trade CP3 it will be all about who the Thunder bring back. They can add about $9 in salary to Shai, Dort, Bazley and 3 FRP by the start of Free Agency Banaza 2021. No I don’t think he will come to OKC. But, Organizational health is something that Giannis should review when signing a deal in 21. If you hide the names of the teams the Thunder will be able to get you whatever you need with all of their picks and you get to bring a max friend. I think just having the space in 21 should be in the cards. Even it it’s just to eat a bad salary for a draft pick.

Look @ PG13 rn. Do you think he is looking back saying dam maybe the grass was greener in OKC. Look at all the heat he is getting for his play. How funny would it be if he came back to OKC 2-years after the trade.
mr570
Senior
And1: 292

Post#270 » by mr570 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:23 pm

If Presti couldn't build a team around Westbrook he won't build a team around Giannis. Draft Cade Cunningham and just build through the draft. Path could not be easier for OKC.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#271 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Look @ PG13 rn. Do you think he is looking back saying dam maybe the grass was greener in OKC.

George might have expected to go further this year but its hard to think he wants to go back to a small market where twice he was eliminated in the playoffs one round earlier.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#272 » by getrichordie » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 pm

I cannot stress this enough.

The odds of us tanking so hard next season to the point where we manufacture a top 2 pick are slim to none. You have to be really bad and you have to hope the lottery gods favor you. Cade Cunningham is a dream and one that you hope comes true, but by no means, it's not an "easy" path.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#273 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 pm

The odds of getting the first pick are the same as winning the championship, 1 in 30. I'm all for pursuing whichever of those two is most realistic.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,382

Post#274 » by WestbrookGOATed » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm

mr570 wrote:If Presti couldn't build a team around Westbrook he won't build a team around Giannis. Draft Cade Cunningham and just build through the draft. Path could not be easier for OKC.
Isn't Cunningham a PG? We already have Shai. Would much rather have Jalen Green to slide in at the 2.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,382

Post#275 » by WestbrookGOATed » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 pm

I would be willing to give up Shai and a few picks to bring Trae home to OKC. Maybe throw another player in.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#276 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:24 am

Sure would have been nice if Sam had told Russ that he would really like Miami and we would have gotten Herro.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#277 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:55 am

Would OKC do this?

To OKC: Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, future picks

From OKC: CP3

Reasoning? Harris is still a good player just not a great fit for the Sixers. Thybulle is legit. Picks are good.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#278 » by jake_swivel » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:32 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Would OKC do this?

Reasoning? Harris is still a good player just not a great fit for the Sixers. Thybulle is legit. Picks are good.

Yup.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#279 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:35 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Would OKC do this?

Yup.

Sam would rebuild harris’ value.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#280 » by retrobro90 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Been pretty dead in here. Wish we got some news as far as our coaching search. Windhorst on the Jump saying Vanterpoole, Griffin, and Will Hardy are the names he hears attached to OKC.

Still think that Phoenix makes the most sense as a mutual interest in a potential Chris Paul deal. Would def put them as a playoff team next year. They have some assets/salary OKC would covet.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder