And1: 27

Clippers offseason 

Post#1 » by James2000 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:46 am

Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,401

Re: Clippers offseason 

Post#2 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:52 am

James2000 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-clippers-can-fill-their-three-biggest-holes-in-offseason-after-second-round-upset-against-nuggets/amp/

What is your opinion about this?

that was a great article! Very thorough analysis

Not sure which players exactly to pursue, but I agree with the idea that some of these weak defenders need to be jettisoned.

I would like to keep Shamet. I think he has great potential, but just struggled after his ankle sprain and coronavirus.

I think sign and trade options with Harrell need to be explored and they need to see what they can get for Lou Williams- I think it is clear he doesn't really fit with the current team and usually under performs in the playoffs. I also think that those 2 guys had some low key resentment- they were the leaders of last season's over achieving team and struggled to accept subsidiary roles. It may be best to move on from them for team chemistry.

I would like to keep Morris. I like his shooting and overall offensive skills. However, I was under-impressed with his defense. I thought he was a better defender than he showed with the Clippers or maybe I never watched him closely enough on that end in this past.

I'm not really interested in Bledsoe. He isn't a great facilitator and is an inconsistent shooter. Rondo may be a good option considering he is showing he still has the ability to play great in the playoffs. The Clippers have to be careful though- you don't want to have too many non-shooters in today's NBA, although he seems to really have improved his jump shot somehow.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm guessing Doc is safe too.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#4 » by MartinRiggs » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:53 pm

Some good points here. I would also keep Shamet and Morris although I did expect better defense from him.

Lou is a bad fit,I don't want the ball in his hands when you have Kawhi and PG. Also his buddy Trez should be used in some kind of sign and trade if possible.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,732

Post#5 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:37 pm

That was a good article, pretty comprehensive with the cap details.

If they could make trade for Rubio I would co-sign that. I think he would take some of the playmaking load off Kawhi, and more importantly help maximize Paul George's impact next season. I still like Shamet but he is one of our better trade assets.

If there is a primary move to trade for a point guard for example, then there will be a secondary move to shore up the holes from the trade. The example they gave for Rubio feels plausible to me, but would be followed up by a move for a bench backcourt player. That and more minutes for Terence Mann could make for a stronger overall backcourt.

Also, I wonder what are the chances that somehow Lou Williams and Trez could end up on the same team next season, if they both leave. They don't have to be together but it would be nice to see them continue their pick n roll game next season even if it's not for us.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#6 » by nickhx2 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:13 pm

ricky rubio?

whatever.

it.

takes.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,951

Post#7 » by Bobbymcgee » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:39 pm

I would say make a few tweaks to the bench and role players. Clippers have one more season of Leonard and George. Just start over after that. My guess is that the Warriors are going to dominate the west next season anyways.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#8 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 pm

The salary cap situation is critical. This season was a negative from financial standpoint and the new season may be even worse with the speculated starting day around January. We might have like a 50 game regular season for 2021.

If Imagine the Salary Cap Jumped from 65m in 2015 to 70m in 2016 and to 90m in 2017. What if they say the cap for 2021 will be 90m again? Let me tell you what's going to happen than, there are only 8 teams below that holds 90m on guaranteed contracts in the book. Those numbers aren't include guaranteed money from 1st round draft picks of 2021 draft and current Qualifying offers of rookie expirings. There might not even a handful of team that can go deep in the FA market. So, Marcus Morris and Montrezl Harrell ain't getting those 8 figured money possibly. They are tied to Ballmer's willingness, otherwise It's MLE money at most.

We'll be in prime position to buy some picks, may send expirings like Lou Williams for Longer contracts with attached pick compensations. We'll certainly be the buyer, the bull, the biggest one when the cheap owners say "I don't care if he's all-star we cant pay that guy a 30m for the next 2 years" waiting to knock the door. I can definitely see us getting some quality veterans couldn't find big money and decided to showcase them in contender for the next season.

By the way, Fire Doc Rivers and Lou-Trezz-Reggie are all must gone players. They ain't build for playoffs, aside from their chemistry problems.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#9 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:23 am

Herro balling out I think Sham needs another team to blossom if we keep Lou

Return to Los Angeles Clippers