Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#861 » by KF10 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Nobody is off the table on a team that hasn't made the POs in 16 years.

Love Fox but if I was the Kings, I am always listening to offers.

But you have to be damn sure to get the biggest haul for a guy like Fox tho.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#862 » by TheAlchemist » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:17 am

Toronto fan here and was randomly looking across trades between teams. I think Sacramento is the perfect team to pull off some great trades right under the nose of everyone. I agree with your Mod, nobody should be off the table ( Although I love Fox). Owner should be told to stop meddling. Divac should be sent flying out.

Trades I'd do:

To PHI:
M. Bagley
B. Bogdanovic (Signed and traded seperately)
B. Hield
Future 1st (protected) 2022

To SAC:
Joel Embiid
J. Richardson

Then I'd take whatever assets I have left, and go for broke for Beal.

To WAS:
D. Fox
Barnes
12th overall

To SAC:
Beal
(MAYBE if financials workout) Bertans

--------------------------------
Kings 2020-2021 lineup

Corey Joseph
Beal / J Richardson
Bertans / Bazemore
Bjelicia / J. Parker
Embiid / Richuan Holmes

To be honest, this looks way too crazy, but I really think you guys need to pull something crazy, because not making the playoffs in 20 will be a disaster.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#863 » by SmellingColors » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:25 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:Toronto fan here and was randomly looking across trades between teams. I think Sacramento is the perfect team to pull off some great trades right under the nose of everyone. I agree with your Mod, nobody should be off the table ( Although I love Fox). Owner should be told to stop meddling. Divac should be sent flying out.

Trades I'd do:

To PHI:
M. Bagley
B. Hield

To SAC:
Joel Embiid
J. Richardson

To WAS:
D. Fox
Barnes
12th overall

To SAC:
Beal

Kings 2020-2021 lineup

Corey Joseph
Beal / J Richardson
Bertans / Bazemore
Bjelicia / J. Parker
Embiid / Richuan Holmes

To be honest, this looks way too crazy, but I really think you guys need to pull something crazy, because not making the playoffs in 20 will be a disaster.

I think this is very unlikely for one, but I also think we need to finally rebuild the right way by completely investing in the draft/scouting/analytics rather than attempting to trade for 2 stars on other teams and giving up our future assets.

If we're trading our talent, I'd rather look at underrated young players across the league we might be able to steal and emphasize draft picks in compensation rather than players. The reality is we're probably not making the playoffs next year, but I'd rather set the record for not making the playoffs by making smart long-term decisions, than being hasty because we're embarrassed we've been so bad for so long, flame out in the 1st round, and have nowhere to go from there.

The situation in SAC is dire because we've wasted years (more than a decade) trying to cut corners and making poor draft picks. You don't just cover those up in a few blockbuster trades imo even if you can somehow manage them.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#864 » by TGW » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:59 pm

There's no way the Wizards do that.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,774

Post#865 » by BoogieTime » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:43 pm

TGW wrote:There's no way the Wizards do that.

....and there is no way the Kings do it (Beal 2 years UFA, injury history, less impactful position than Fox etc). The OP isn’t a Kings fan, just a random user spitballing
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,774

Post#866 » by BoogieTime » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:48 am

SmellingColors wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Toronto fan here and was randomly looking across trades between teams. I think Sacramento is the perfect team to pull off some great trades right under the nose of everyone. I agree with your Mod, nobody should be off the table ( Although I love Fox). Owner should be told to stop meddling. Divac should be sent flying out.

Trades I'd do:

To PHI:
M. Bagley
B. Hield

To SAC:
Joel Embiid
J. Richardson

To WAS:
D. Fox
Barnes
12th overall

To SAC:
Beal

Kings 2020-2021 lineup

Corey Joseph
Beal / J Richardson
Bertans / Bazemore
Bjelicia / J. Parker
Embiid / Richuan Holmes

I think this is very unlikely for one, but I also think we need to finally rebuild the right way by completely investing in the draft/scouting/analytics rather than attempting to trade for 2 stars on other teams and giving up our future assets.

If we're trading our talent, I'd rather look at underrated young players across the league we might be able to steal and emphasize draft picks in compensation rather than players. The reality is we're probably not making the playoffs next year, but I'd rather set the record for not making the playoffs by making smart long-term decisions, than being hasty because we're embarrassed we've been so bad for so long, flame out in the 1st round, and have nowhere to go from there.

The situation in SAC is dire because we've wasted years (more than a decade) trying to cut corners and making poor draft picks. You don't just cover those up in a few blockbuster trades imo even if you can somehow manage them.

Right. I’m thinking McNair will be smart enough to start the badly needed rebuild.

I expect all the vets gone, save maybe Holmes
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#867 » by City of Trees » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:50 am

With McNair hired it's time to trade all of Vlade's vets and build a roster under McNair's vision. Barnes, Holmes, Belly, Joesph, Bogi, and Buddy need to be used to acquire picks and young talent to mold.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#868 » by mattg » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:02 am

Bucks fan here...what would the Kings theoretically be looking for in a trade featuring Buddy Hield? A FRP, decent prospect, and salary relief?
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect

Post#869 » by SmellingColors » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:16 pm

mattg wrote:Bucks fan here...what would the Kings theoretically be looking for in a trade featuring Buddy Hield? A FRP, decent prospect, and salary relief?

Tough to know what McNair is going to look for so early on in his tenure, but I would be looking at first round picks and a prospect. I'm not sure how you guys see DiVincenzo, but I love his game and he'd be who I'd target, personally, in a return for Hield from the Bucks.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#870 » by City of Trees » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 am

SmellingColors wrote:
mattg wrote:Bucks fan here...what would the Kings theoretically be looking for in a trade featuring Buddy Hield? A FRP, decent prospect, and salary relief?

Tough to know what McNair is going to look for so early on in his tenure, but I would be looking at first round picks and a prospect. I'm not sure how you guys see DiVincenzo, but I love his game and he'd be who I'd target, personally, in a return for Hield from the Bucks.
I don't see these two teams being good trade partners for a Buddy Heild trade. Probably need a 3rd team unless McNair wants Bledsoe (which he shouldn't!)

mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#871 » by mattg » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:16 am

SmellingColors wrote:

We are very high on DDV looking at him as a future first team all defense guy with scoring potential, but I think given what has happened in the playoffs recently we'd be open to moving him if we were able to drastically upgrade our perimeter offense right now. Hield's shooting would be an incredible fit around the attention Giannis draws inside.

I think we'd start with something around Donte/#24 (Pacers pick) but realistically any non Giannis and Middleton players are available.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect

Post#872 » by SmellingColors » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:43 pm

mattg wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:

We are very high on DDV looking at him as a future first team all defense guy with scoring potential, but I think given what has happened in the playoffs recently we'd be open to moving him if we were able to drastically upgrade our perimeter offense right now. Hield's shooting would be an incredible fit around the attention Giannis draws inside.

I think we'd start with something around Donte/#24 (Pacers pick) but realistically any non Giannis and Middleton players are available.

Yeah having watched a number of Bucks games outside of the playoffs I love DiVincenzo's game so I personally would make that deal, but that's just me. As mentioned above, others might not agree.

Also, in the playoffs it seemed like the Bucks struggled with having playmakers on offense too and Buddy's handle/court vision have gotten better but are still pretty poor. He makes a lot of bone-headed plays (especially in crunch time it seems) which I'm not sure would exactly fit with what your needs are. You guys would obviously know better than I would though.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#873 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 am

Would SAC do the below?

To SAC: Eric Gordon, Zhaire Smith

From SAC: Buddy Hield

Reasoning? Gordon is a similar volume shooter to Hield, but on a better contract and likely fine with being a 6th man. Zhaire is a project who might turn into something.

Do you feel better offers are out there for Buddy??
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#874 » by blind prophet » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:17 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Would SAC do the below?

To SAC: Eric Gordon, Zhaire Smith

From SAC: Buddy Hield

Reasoning? Gordon is a similar volume shooter to Hield, but on a better contract and likely fine with being a 6th man. Zhaire is a project who might turn into something.

Do you feel better offers are out there for Buddy??

Is Gordon's contract better, it is increasing, while Buddy's is decreasing.

We're likely to need more room later than now too.

Buddy in 23-24 $18,568,182
Gordon in 23-24 $20,917,902

No thanks.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#875 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:47 pm

mattg wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:

I don't see anyway to make this deal happen unless we find a team like New York who would take on Bledsoe for free. The money just doesn't add up.

But something like

Bucks out: Bledsoe, DDV, Ilyasova
Bucks in: Hield

Sac out: Hield
Sac in: DDV, Ily

NY out: Top 55 protected 2nd
NY in: Bledsoe

Id do something like this. It matches up with what Monte said about keeping flexibility open. Allows us to easily resign Bogdan, and then sign another veteran.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#876 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Trades I'd do:

To PHI:
M. Bagley
B. Hield

To SAC:
Joel Embiid
J. Richardson

To WAS:
D. Fox
Barnes
12th overall

To SAC:
Beal

Kings 2020-2021 lineup

Corey Joseph
Beal / J Richardson
Bertans / Bazemore
Bjelicia / J. Parker
Embiid / Richuan Holmes

No way does Philly accept this. But if they did, I would take this trade and run. Forget the Washington trade.

Embid
Bjelica
Barnes
Richardson
Fox

Figure the rest out later. But I highly doubt Philly would take us up on that offer.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#877 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:53 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
Right. I’m thinking McNair will be smart enough to start the badly needed rebuild.

We will see if this happens. I could see Bjelica/Barnes going out to a team wanting to win now. I could also see Monte having the sense to rebuild Hields value before he does anything.

Hield needs to be used as Klay. If he dribbles more than once per possession bench him. I want him coming around screens, curls, spotting up for wide open 3s. He could easily work himself to a positive player like he was a year ago. Just needs to actually give effort on defense.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect

Post#878 » by SmellingColors » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:55 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

We will see if this happens. I could see Bjelica/Barnes going out to a team wanting to win now. I could also see Monte having the sense to rebuild Hields value before he does anything.

Hield needs to be used as Klay. If he dribbles more than once per possession bench him. I want him coming around screens, curls, spotting up for wide open 3s. He could easily work himself to a positive player like he was a year ago. Just needs to actually give effort on defense.

I've cooled on the idea of trading Buddy unless we can find a guy that is young and can get better because Buddy's ability to shoot is almost underrated by Kings fans now because of how Luke used him. He's not a pg and shouldn't be treated like one. I think that's on Luke, not Buddy. We need other playmakers to fill that role.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#879 » by City of Trees » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:52 pm

SmellingColors wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I've cooled on the idea of trading Buddy unless we can find a guy that is young and can get better because Buddy's ability to shoot is almost underrated by Kings fans now because of how Luke used him. He's not a pg and shouldn't be treated like one. I think that's on Luke, not Buddy. We need other playmakers to fill that role.
McNair is going to analytically explain to Buddy "hey, you're 99% less effective when you over dribble trying to be a playmaker" but Buddy won't want to hear that. Buddy just wants to ball.

Yes Buddy's shooting is eite but he doesn't have those "winning habits".

IMO if Buddy doesn't "develop winning habits" he's gone.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#880 » by City of Trees » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Everytime I see Buddy I'd say "Klay Thompson scored 60 points on 11 dribbles".

Return to Sacramento Kings