Around the NBA discussion

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Around the NBA discussion 

Post#161 » by arkuo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:39 am

I was told Morris was the real deal on defense. Absolute dawg. LMAO

Harrell just slipped by the 1st round without KP, only to get booted out of the playoffs by another bitch ass white boy in Jokic HAHAHA
arkuo
General Manager

Post#162 » by arkuo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 am

Dallas could learn a thing or two about Miami's ball movement. Jimmy Butler scores only 14 and they still pull off a win. Great ball movement, great shooting all around. There will be a time when Doncic would realize that 99% of the offense does not need to go through him, that he doesnt need to dribble 55 times before cutting to the basket. You dont need to pull off 40 point triple doubles every time to squeeze out a win. We just need the pieces around Luka to move and score more.
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 410

Post#163 » by boogiezen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:55 am

arkuo wrote:Dallas could learn a thing or two about Miami's ball movement. Jimmy Butler scores only 14 and they still pull off a win. Great ball movement, great shooting all around. There will be a time when Doncic would realize that 99% of the offense does not need to go through him, that he doesnt need to dribble 55 times before cutting to the basket. You dont need to pull off 40 point triple doubles every time to squeeze out a win. We just need the pieces around Luka to move and score more.

Because Butler is not really a scorer. Dragic is their best offensive player.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#164 » by JJP » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:05 pm

arkuo wrote:Dallas could learn a thing or two about Miami's ball movement. Jimmy Butler scores only 14 and they still pull off a win. Great ball movement, great shooting all around. There will be a time when Doncic would realize that 99% of the offense does not need to go through him, that he doesnt need to dribble 55 times before cutting to the basket. You dont need to pull off 40 point triple doubles every time to squeeze out a win. We just need the pieces around Luka to move and score more.

I think Dallas has it right already. The ball has to go through Donic's hands. That's the best opportunity to scoring points. It's the best offense in league history, so it's hard to argue about what they're doing.

They need another playmaker - someone who can create their own shot and make plays to other players, but they will get that eventually. That will make Luca less ball-dominant and not take away from the offense. But until then, I think Dallas is fine doing what it's doing.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#165 » by arkuo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:09 pm

JJP wrote:They need another playmaker - someone who can create their own shot and make plays to other players, but they will get that eventually. That will make Luca less ball-dominant and not take away from the offense. But until then, I think Dallas is fine doing what it's doing.

Chances of getting Dragic are really low especially with how he's turning it up in the ECF. Any chance Dallas gets Patty Mills from the Spurs? He's a nice 3&D point guard.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#166 » by arkuo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:10 pm

boogiezen wrote:

Because Butler is not really a scorer. Dragic is their best offensive player.

I like how Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro are playing too.
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 410

Post#167 » by boogiezen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:59 pm

Actually I understand the ball movement is great basketball (Spurs 2014 team) and can give you a championship. But this current Dallas team doesn't have a player that can create a shot for himself or for his teammates outside of Luka.

Though I agree that they need another playmaker that can do both.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#168 » by Teffer10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:36 pm

boogiezen wrote:Actually I understand the ball movement is great basketball (Spurs 2014 team) and can give you a championship. But this current Dallas team doesn't have a player that can create a shot for himself or for his teammates outside of Luka.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Mavs take Lewis at #18.
Probably the quickest player in the draft, good length, great in open court, and decent defender and shooter.
Style and build reminds me a little bit of Devin Harris.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#169 » by arkuo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm

boogiezen wrote: But this current Dallas team doesn't have a player that can create a shot for himself or for his teammates outside of Luka.

This line is what i fear most. Having this in mind, Donnie might just have to sign JJ Barea until he's 45. :banghead:
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#170 » by JJP » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:Actually I understand the ball movement is great basketball (Spurs 2014 team) and can give you a championship. But this current Dallas team doesn't have a player that can create a shot for himself or for his teammates outside of Luka.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Mavs take Lewis at #18.
Probably the quickest player in the draft, good length, great in open court, and decent defender and shooter.
Style and build reminds me a little bit of Devin Harris.

I'd be surprised if he's there at #18, but I always thought he would bring the most to this Mavs team. In fact, I'd take either him or Tyler Terry in the draft, and try for defense in a trade or free agency.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#171 » by HMFFL » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Another way Altman and Co. can help Bickerstaff is through free agency. Much of their plan is hinges on Andre Drummond and whether he’ll opt out. According to the team source, all signs suggest that Drummond “probably will” exercise his $28,751,774 player option. Drummond said as much during an appearance on ESPN’s Le Batard & Friends Network podcast. “Yeah, that’s going to be pretty hard to give up, so you can count on me being in Cleveland still,” Drummond said in June. Later in the interview, he added: “I definitely will be in Cleveland.”

– via Spencer Davies @ basketballnews.com

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#172 » by DBoys » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:35 am

arkuo wrote:
boogiezen wrote: But this current Dallas team doesn't have a player that can create a shot for himself or for his teammates outside of Luka.

This line is what i fear most. Having this in mind, Donnie might just have to sign JJ Barea until he's 45. :banghead:

I think the alarmism is kinda absurd. This team that only has one player who can create was the BEST offense in all of NBA history! As in, ever.

That's not exactly a cause for panic. Or maybe it even means the thoughts about the player abilities are somewhat off base.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#173 » by arkuo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:25 pm

DBoys wrote:
arkuo wrote:

I think the alarmism is kinda absurd. This team that only has one player who can create was the BEST offense in all of NBA history! As in, ever.

That's not exactly a cause for panic. Or maybe it even means the thoughts about the player abilities are somewhat off base.

Donnie's tendency to run out of ideas means he gives Barea a new contract, asks Devin Harris to get off his couch and back on the Mavs, or even re-sign Courtney Lee to a one year deal if they cant find any new pieces willing to come over.
TingusP
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#174 » by TingusP » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 am

arkuo wrote:
DBoys wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Donnie's tendency to run out of ideas means he gives Barea a new contract, asks Devin Harris to get off his couch and back on the Mavs, or even re-sign Courtney Lee to a one year deal if they cant find any new pieces willing to come over.

Maybe I'm crazy but I dont mind re-signing Courtney Lee. He is still solid for a third stringer and seems to be a great locker room presence. Give him a big fat expiring contract and see if that helps us strike a deal at the trade deadline.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#175 » by fuller4379 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:38 pm

fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#176 » by fuller4379 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:41 pm

Return to Dallas Mavericks