Team IQ

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Team IQ 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Read on Twitter
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,527

Re: Team IQ 

Post#2 » by ropjhk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:09 pm

It showed down the stretch. Clippers desperately needed a timeout in the 3rd and Doc just let them play. They needed a play to break the Nuggets scoring run and all they came up with was ugly iso ball.

Also Kawhi needs to upgrade his own BBall IQ. He cannot allow himself to disappear in big games.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:45 pm

ropjhk wrote:Also Kawhi needs to upgrade his own BBall IQ.

+1
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#4 » by Clemenza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:01 pm

I guess but they really haven't played with each other. Kawhi sat out half the games. PG missed a lot of games. Trez & Lou were out of the bubble plus that Lou Will/Trez combo was good in regular season games but it hasn't really been battle tested in big games.. especially when Trez has to battle centers that are way taller and move talented than him. Then on offense we're not really running an offense cause PG and Kawhi are taking turns on offense just like KD and Westbrook used to do in OKC. I guess Trez is gone. Get a point guard. Rely and develop Zu more and see how Kabengale, who should've been in the bubble if you ask me, looks new year. If Mann improves his jumper he might get a look at point. Put Shamet at the two guard and get him shooting off screens like how JJ Redick used to do. Having him running the offense is a waste of his shooting talent. We got the pieces to work with its just up to the coaching staff to develop and use them
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#5 » by Goner » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:33 am

I took "team chemistry" to mean "offensive structure." We had no true facilitator this year to run the offense, which often meant Kawhi bringing the ball up and then trying to beat his man or make a move in the post. There was very little offensive flow and I put that on Doc believing we would beat anyone by mere virtue of being more talented than other teams. This led to a culture of conservation rather than a culture of growth; as it was believed that if we kept what we came in with, rather than losing anything to injuries or mistakes, we'd win. Anyone who has ever played team sports before knows this is a losing recipe, as the attitude should always be one of reaching for new heights.

Also, it was revealed that PG never learned how to make a pass... ever.
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#6 » by Goner » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:38 am

Clemenza wrote: Trez & Lou were out of the bubble plus that Lou Will/Trez combo was good in regular season games but it hasn't really been battle tested in big games..

I'm starting to think that all sixth man types don't show up in the playoffs. The freelance scorer mentality that thrives in less meaningful games tends to get choked-up in high-pressure games where the defense cues in on them. Additionally, greater expectations in these games lead to them trying to play to (within) an offense rather than letting the offense adjust to them. Just a weird thought.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#7 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 am

Maybe the Harrell going right into bigs who were taller and getting stuffed
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,089

Sixth Is An Unfortunate Number 

Post#8 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Goner wrote:I'm starting to think that all sixth man types don't show up in the playoffs.

Sixth Man-driven teams always lose in the playoffs. You can't win a championship without at least one All-Star on your roster, whether you're the 1st or the 8th seed.

Every NBA championship team had an All-Star, including the 2004 Detroit Pistons. Ben Wallace was on an All-Star streak starting in 2003, while Rasheed Wallace's selections were sporadic (he had back-to-back selections in 2000 and 2001; he would not make it again until 2006).

Only four teams in NBA history have won both the championship and Sixth Man Of The Year award. Those same four teams had All-Star players.

Only four teams in NBA history have made the playoffs without an All-Star on the roster, including the Revenge Of The Role Players in 2018-19 season. All of them were 1st round exits.

No team in NBA history has ever won a title without an All-Star player, let alone being led by a Sixth Man award winner.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#9 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:25 am

Look at Malone and Vogel making adjustments doing anything they can to win. Mcgee a championship center reduced to 5 mins because it was best for the team and look even Jokic is getting benched. We are screwed

Return to Los Angeles Clippers