ImageImageImage

How good is Tyler Herro?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Re: How good is Tyler Herro? 

Post#41 » by DayofMourning » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:49 pm

BFO wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
BFO wrote:
If a top-line player wants a trade, I doubt Riley hesitates though. I remember how much fun the "pre-Shaq" team was with Odom, Grant, Butler, Wade, etc but hey, we don't win that title if we don't do that trade. I haven't studied the salary aspect of Miami but I know they could clear a chunk of room this off-season if need be (not much around though). Will be a very interesting two years ahead....made even more interesting if the Heat made it to the finals this season.

I think coming this far, with the state of the other teams in the league, differs quite a bit from the pre-Shaq days. Right now, as constructed, we are one of the top teams in the league. Id hate to see us tear the team apart and lose the squad we have now to try and add a max player. That'd hurt more than help.

I am talking Giannis level, not Beal level. If an absolute top-tier became available, you'd have to do it. I love Bam, Herro etc, but I don't see any of them ever making it to MVP level. It's also a season totally wrecked by covid, we shouldn't go too far overboard with it one way or the other.

I gotcha. However, let's pretend we do trade Herro, Bam, Duncan, etc. for a superstar (Embiid), is the team good enough to win a chip next year?

If not, then it'd make the most sense to still have all your young studs and then add a guy in 2021. The quality you're getting at their current cost is massive as well.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#42 » by Wiltside » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:41 am

He’s pretty good
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,494

Post#43 » by Enso » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 am

hes aight
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#44 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:56 am

seriously, how good is he?

no jinx, but I didn't see this kind of a playoff impact from a rookie since....when?!

What kind of a stat-line do you see him putting up in 2-3 years?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#45 » by Wiltside » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:01 am

I see his ceiling as something like 20/6/4 or something along those lines. Which would make him an All-Star calibre 2.

Honestly, I could be underselling him though. Very interested to see what happens next year and I'll reassess.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#46 » by TheWitcher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:09 am

Wiltside wrote:I see his ceiling as something like 20/6/4 or something along those lines. Which would make him an All-Star calibre 2.

Honestly, I could be underselling him though. Very interested to see what happens next year and I'll reassess.

His ceiling is closer to 24/6/4
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,096

Post#47 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:33 pm

knew he was gonna be special when we drafted him
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,096

Post#48 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:33 pm

& yes im back
BigFaceCoffee
Junior
And1: 683

Post#49 » by BigFaceCoffee » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:10 pm

He's the future.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#50 » by AirP. » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Good enough to talk $#)( as a rookie to get tossed!
Read on Twitter
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,766

Post#51 » by ReginaldDwight » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:18 am

AirP. wrote:Good enough to talk $#)( as a rookie to get tossed!
Read on Twitter

Herro probably balled up MCW when he was in hs and just was reminding him.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#52 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:37 am

Tyler Herro is not Stephen Curry, said Curry’s former Golden State teammate Andre Iguodala, now with the Heat. He’s not Curry. But ...

"I won’t compare them, but they definitely have … I’m trying for the right word,'' Iguodala said. "The way they can handle the ball and get into their shots, Tyler shows some resemblances there. I’m not saying they’re the same. But there are some resemblances in that he can get to his shot pocket off the dribble and off the shoot and catch, which is rare — that guys have both of those features in their games.”

Dwyane Wade tweeted: “What I love about what Herro Ball is doing... We all know this isn’t just a hot game. This is how he plays the game of basketball.”

ESPN’s Tim Legler: “He’s got that rare quality for a young player where everything in front of him, all the action, slows down for him. I thought he basically ended the game with a couple of late plays ... a lot of players might take two or three years to develop like Tyler Herro has in this series.”

Utah star Donovan Mitchell had one word: “Wow!”
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#53 » by 3ballbomber » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:36 am

Wiltside wrote:I see his ceiling as something like 20/6/4 or something along those lines. Which would make him an All-Star calibre 2.

I see this kid developing close to someone like Steph. Am i over selling him? I love his work ethic, he's a work horse and that counts for everything. He's confidence over flows and has the game to back it up. from where he's come from & the adversities he's faced it's made him the player he is today. He is fundamentally sound, has fantastic footwork, great rhythm and has a pure shot. His ball handling is good because of that footwork and rhythm but that is also something that can & will be improved. He has fantastic character, is selfless, teamplayer, coachable & is a dog! He will be an all star and an elite player. You can see he's cut from a diff cloth.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,333

Post#54 » by Bishop45 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:28 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:seriously, how good is he?

no jinx, but I didn't see this kind of a playoff impact from a rookie since....when?!

What kind of a stat-line do you see him putting up in 2-3 years?

Rookie playoff stats are kinda skewed towards the rookies lucky enough to play for teams good enough to play in the Playoffs, but regardless he's good enough to make an impact as a rookie in the playoffs-- which is something. I'd circumvent the urge to make an expectation for him to live up to, and just let em play
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
CaliHeat
Sixth Man
And1: 439

Post#55 » by CaliHeat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 pm

I think he can be a cross between Steph and Klay.

Shooting wise he is probably behind both but Herro is still a great shooter. Herro might be better than Klay at shooting off the dribble.
Defensively Herro is better than Steph but not as good as Klay.
Playmaking wise Herro is better than Klay but not on Stephs level yet.
Finishing at the rim, Herro has improved a lot since Covid, not on Stephs level yet but could be comparable to Klay.
Handles wise Herro is better than Klay but doesnt have Stephs handles yet.
Rebounding Herro has a chance to be the best of the 3.
Clutch wise they all seem to have that trait. Herro at the earliest age in the NBA.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#56 » by AirP. » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Herro is good enough now to no longer worry about acquiring a Beal or Olapido, Herro is more that good enough to do the roles they'd have in the offense for the next decade, especially when you take in consideration the price in assets they'd cost. He can shoot, drive, create his own shot while also create scoring opportunities for his teammates and with experience and his work ethic he should only get better.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#57 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pm

Herro just added another layer to our pitches for 2021 and answered the question of long term SG. To me, Herro was a much better shooter than anyone thought and if you can shoot, you will be attacked which is now opening up his floater game that we didnt know and his off hand dribble. Ducan is struggling with the pressure while Herro is attacking it. One more game!
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#58 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:34 pm

ECF for a 20 year old;

19 PPG, 6 RPG, 4.8 APG on 52% and taking some of the biggest shots.

Biggest thing I saw was Herro taking the defense when they closed to hard on the 3 ball which I didn't know he had. That left hand layup and up and under wasn't around to start the year. He took another step. Scary that he took this step this quickly.
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

Post#59 » by BFO » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 am

With what he's showing with his passing ability I'd hope he might be able to play the PG role in the future. Obviously his defense would need to improve to defend the PG spot but damn, if he could spend minutes there it would be huge going forward.

In response to a poster earlier....Joel Embid isn't top tier talent.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#60 » by Hallstar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:21 am

He can give you that next year without much effort, that would be a disappointing ceiling.

Return to Miami Heat