Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Official Fire Doc Rivers thread 

Post#362 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:53 pm

clipperlover wrote:
Read on Twitter

Josh felt the wrath of bad decisions. Forcing Paul Pierce when it should of been Smith and Cole Aldrich all season because we struggled with size
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#363 » by nickhx2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:55 pm

ugh don't remind me.

i thought doc really learned as a coach about things like that over the past few years. turned out he's still the same idiot he's always been.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#364 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Very reminiscent of how the Lob City team used to question Doc's rotations:

Among themselves, certain players wondered whether Rivers' minutes were always earned, and some felt Austin, though occasionally criticized in film sessions, wasn't subjected to the same accountability in practice or games. They bristled at the suggestion that Austin was an additive on defense, a premise that Doc presented to the media and internally.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

It's insane that Doc hasn't been fired yet when the players are better at coaching than he is.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#365 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:10 pm

TheNewEra wrote:Josh felt the wrath of bad decisions. Forcing Paul Pierce when it should of been Smith and Cole Aldrich all season because we struggled with size

I'll never forget the game in Boston that Doc essentially gave away by starting Pierce - not for any strategic reasons, but because Celtics fans wanted to see him at the Garden one last time, and that apparently mattered more than Clippers fans wanting to see their team win. :noway:
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#366 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:26 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Among themselves, certain players wondered whether Rivers' minutes were always earned, and some felt Austin, though occasionally criticized in film sessions, wasn't subjected to the same accountability in practice or games. They bristled at the suggestion that Austin was an additive on defense, a premise that Doc presented to the media and internally.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

It's insane that Doc hasn't been fired yet when the players are better at coaching than he is.

Apparently Paul George tried to give a speech in the locker room and guys were rolling their eyes.

Could be that guys aint interested in hearing some speech from Playoff P.
Whatever the case, guys don't seemed to be that enthused about running it back and that has something to do with the coach.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#367 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:42 pm

At least Playoff P cared enough to give a speech. He didn't get on Twitter and make fun of another team for choking, then complain about his critics like a certain other player did.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#368 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:55 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:At least Playoff P cared enough to give a speech. He didn't get on Twitter and make fun of another team for choking, then complain about his critics like a certain other player did.

Trezzy?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#369 » by donemilio21 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 pm

The problem we have is that there is no accountability in the media and in the public for Clippers. LA media does not criticize Doc, so he thinks he is a good coach. Outside of this forum and occasional outburst in twitter, there is no-one asking "Wtf Doc?" The name Clippers is hardly mentioned if we don't have a game.
If Lakers had lost to Houston, you bet your ass LA media would be calling for Vogel's head.
If we were a team in Europe, you bet your ass 20,000 fans would be chanting for his firing the very next game.

these do not happen, so we need to find ways get Ballmer and FO to hear us and fire Doc. But How? there is a couple dozen people who comment here regularly, and I assume less than handful of them live in LA area.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,072

A Favor 

Post#370 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Jovan Buha just completed the Clippers Mailbag. I actually asked a question about Doc Rivers, and wanted to see if anyone with an account could check if it got answered.

Clippers Mailbag (subscription required): Part 1 || Part 2
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#371 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Clippers need to get some balls and **** fire the guy.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 721

Post#372 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:12 pm

"Teflon Doc" Nothing sticks to the men. just heard this on a local TV show from my country. I'm Surprised that nickname hasn't mentioned in here before. :lol:
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#373 » by TheNewEra » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:08 am

Even clippers media are calling for his head and that’s extremely bold because if he stays it will be awkward as hell postgame. They are all hinting he should be gone and Farbod is outright saying this is a mistake
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,190

Post#374 » by Clemenza » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 am

Lakers in the Finals now.. F*ck this team!!!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#375 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:54 am

Just to finish the gut punch.

Lakers take care of business.
No nonsense.
No embarrassment.
No big blown leads and a bunch of fans pretending it’s okay and that they’re super confident.

Just another trip to the finals.

We were supposed to be past these types of gut punching moments.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#376 » by Clemenza » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:58 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Just to finish the gut punch.

Lakers take care of business.
No nonsense.
No embarrassment.
No big blown leads and a bunch of fans pretending it’s okay and that they’re super confident.

Just another trip to the finals.

We were supposed to be past these types of gut punching moments.

They did the job straight up. Bron got away with a lot of bulldozing in the paint but Vogel kept making the adjustments, the stars played big, and the role players did just enough to get them by. They did everything we refused to do. Can't believe this sh*t. We're trash.. Honestly I don't even see a change in attitude or direction for the team next season.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#377 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:59 am

If Doc isn't fired tomorrow, the whole fanbase should stop watching or spending any money on the Clippers next season. The state of this franchise gets more and more depressing the closer the Lakers get to a championship, and yet the fans are the only people who seem to care at all. The Clippers don't deserve our loyalty if they're not even going to pretend to care about winning. :noway:
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#378 » by Clemenza » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
BladeDaywalker
Head Coach
And1: 8,760

Post#379 » by BladeDaywalker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:11 am

So, I figured that I would post this here to back up MartinToVaught campaign to fire Doc

I had already posted this in the general board:

Frank Vogel has won this year as many series as Doc has for his career with the Clippers

https://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/riverdo01c.html

https://old.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/j0llz0/frank_vogel_has_won_the_same_amount_of_playoff/

Doc Rivers has only won 3 playoff series with the Clippers in 7 years

2014 First round vs GSW - 7 games

2015 First round vs SAS - 7 games

2020 First round vs DAL - 6 games

The Lakers under Vogel have now beaten the Blazers, Rockets and Nuggets

Basically, it seem obvious that the Clippers need a new coach if they ever want to take that next step and win
The Picture of Dorian Gray

“He grew more and more enamoured of his own beauty, more and more interested in the corruption of his own soul.”
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#380 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:20 pm

There is simply no excuse to have gone 7 years and only have won 3 series.

Ballmer spent 2 billion on this team and instead of having New York Yankee, Alabama Football demands for excellence, he's gonna sit on this hands, be ho humm, and hope Doc figures it out.

Meanwhile the neighbors are about to win it all because they, even with a worse front office, and worse resources, demand excellence.
At least we have a bunch of basketball courts in Southern California that say Clippers on it. :roll:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers