Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Re: Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath 

Post#301 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:21 am

Stanford wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Wow, gotta hand it Brett, he was smart.

Well, he didn't want Markelle because he promised Ben he'd be the point guard, according to Keith. So not great there.

This is why Brett was fired, in a nutshell.

He was stubborn in making Ben the lead PG without putting him into the position to be as effective as the premium PGs on offense.

I would assume this was also why Jimmy had issues with Brett’s offense.

But then, it’s also not all Brett. Ben’s lack of development on offense also played a part with this.

The next coach should not just hand the keys to Biid and Ben. He has to make those two work hard get them.

Sit out Biid if he is out of condition.
Let someone run PG if Ben doesnt develop on offense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#302 » by Arsenal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:24 am

Keith Williams says the young kids now are overly sensitive and SOFT!

Says you need to give them a hug instead of criticize them!
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#303 » by Arsenal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:27 am

Says he should have talked more to his mom! His mom didn't want him around once Markelle had money!
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#304 » by Arsenal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:28 am

Most teams are lazy and don't do their due diligence! Apparently the Celtics did but the Sixers didn't!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,812

Post#305 » by Stanford » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:30 am

!
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#306 » by Arsenal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:39 am

Keith obviously doesn't know what happened either! Looks like this mystery will never be solved! Sad!
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#307 » by Sixerscan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:23 am

Sounds like a total weirdo. Liberty Ballers does weird stuff nowadays.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,812

Post#308 » by Stanford » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Sounds like a total weirdo. Liberty Ballers does weird stuff nowadays.

What is weird about an interview on a podcast?
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#309 » by Eyeamok » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Stanford wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Hidden BMX accident is the best explanation I've heard. His shot was perfect in summer league and turned to absolute crap 2 months later by training camp.

Wouldn't his long-time trainer know about this? He'd would be incentivized to go along with that narrative if it were true. After all, the Sixers claimed that the shot got messed out after Keith did a bunch of weird shooting drills and totally overhauled his shot between summer league and preseason.

I never believed the he changed his shot thing. Or his shot was overhauled thing. Do you know how long it takes to stop doing something you've been doing for years ? In 2 months Fultz went from being a shooter to a non shooter. He would have had to live in the gym for hours and hours on end every day to effectively change his shot in 2 months and have it stick. To do something like this It's a mental and physical process. If his trainers could accomplish all of this in 2 months. They should get out of the basketball business, because they have revolutionized the science of change and could teach anyone to change anything in 2 months or less, that's amazing.

Once Fultz mechanics were changed and you saw it was not working. Getting him to go back to his old way of doing things would not take long because the old mental pathways are still there. Fultz got injured and he basically had something pyschological going on. Or it was a pure psychological issue.

The BC thing was all about ego and making a splash as the 76ers new Lord of basketball. He messed up big time.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#310 » by rzzzzz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm

biking accidents are a top cause of thoracic outlet syndrome. Fultz bragged about liking to do flips on his beloved BMX. he was awkwardly evasive when asked by reporters about his shoulder. and he was "no longer on speaking terms" with Drew Hanlen after Drew stopped referring to his issue as the yips, but made a comment about an injury that was not yet healed. i'm not saying its an open and shut case, but it wouldn't be an unexpected surprise.

(not sure i would have given him away like we did, regardless. the kid had real nice basketball instincts even without the pretty long ball. yeah, we wanted to get rid of that salary, i can understand that. just our luck. (i'd be afraid to be drafted by this team.)
76ciology
RealGM

Post#311 » by 76ciology » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Speaking from experience, once you dislocate your shoulder you kind of loose some range of mobility with your shoulder. But then he has world class PT unlike me.

I dont think it’s yips but more of a shoulder injury.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#312 » by 76ciology » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:43 pm

I Could be wrong, but I think that part of your contract is not engaging on high risk for injuries activities like BMX, thats why he can’t disclose it.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#313 » by Arsenal » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:07 pm

76ciology wrote:I Could be wrong, but I think that part of your contract is not engaging on high risk for injuries activities like BMX, thats why he can’t disclose it.

Correct. This is why he would have covered it up. Sixers may have covered it up if they knew also for a number of different reasons.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#314 » by Sixerscan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:I Could be wrong, but I think that part of your contract is not engaging on high risk for injuries activities like BMX, thats why he can’t disclose it.

Correct. This is why he would have covered it up. Sixers may have covered it up if they knew also for a number of different reasons.

Well he was clearly been getting horrible advice at the time so who knows but there is no way the Sixers would have terminated the contract of the number 1 pick before he even played a game because he did something to violate a contract when they couldn't even find physical evidence of damage.

The BMX thing always seemed like a red herring anyway. Whether he had a BMX injury or fell on the court weird or just screw up his mechanics over 6 months of crazy drills his coach had him do, the fact is the Sixers had full access to his body and his medical records. You don't need to know how exactly how an injury happened in order to fix it.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 409

Post#315 » by Zumramania » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm

Arsenal wrote:

I believe this would have leaked in a more convincing way, with more details...like everything leaks from this organization, even the things that didn't happen. A cover-up of this extent would have been exposed by someone by now, there are probably people who would have benefited from that as well.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#316 » by ivysixer2000 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Well he was clearly been getting horrible advice at the time so who knows but there is no way the Sixers would have terminated the contract of the number 1 pick before he even played a game because he did something to violate a contract when they couldn't even find physical evidence of damage.

The BMX thing always seemed like a red herring anyway. Whether he had a BMX injury or fell on the court weird or just screw up his mechanics over 6 months of crazy drills his coach had him do, the fact is the Sixers had full access to his body and his medical records. You don't need to know how exactly how an injury happened in order to fix it.

Can't be better said, and can be repeated over and over again.

He could've done it will trying to catch his cat in his house that was trying to eat his favorite bird.

Don't care, fix it doc.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#317 » by 76ciology » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:12 am

I dont know what Sixers were thinking. But not declaring Fultz was a damaged good (BMX accident) is positioning themselves to trade him as an asset. They say actions speak louder than words. And we kind of have a precedent move similar to this when we traded Jrue, which drove Pels mad. Nobody would want a damaged good.

Get out before anyone finds out.

*this is given that the injury took place AFTER they draft him
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#318 » by kio80 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:25 am

Why do we still care about this little ****?
I hope he breaks his other shoulder as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,464

Post#319 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:22 am

There's no denying that Fultz is a bit of a weirdo sensitive kid. I'm not sold on the tips being his problem. I think it was a combination of an undisclosed injury and Brett Brown not really liking him. Again, hindsight sucks, but we really screwed up trading him away for nothing.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#320 » by 76ciology » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:01 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:There's no denying that Fultz is a bit of a weirdo sensitive kid. I'm not sold on the tips being his problem. I think it was a combination of an undisclosed injury and Brett Brown not really liking him. Again, hindsight sucks, but we really screwed up trading him away for nothing.

Agree. I think Fultz was a weirdo and trading him for nothing is a big blunder to me.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers