ImageImageImage

PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#5, WCF): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers (1-3), SAT 21:00ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#5, WCF): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers (1-3), SAT 21:00ET 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:28 pm

Denver tied NBA all-time best 6 wins in elimination "do or die" games with the 1994 New York Knicks, and Nuggets this season become the first-ever NBA team which won more the one series in the same playoff after the opponent takes a 1-3 lead. I waited to open this game thread because of the uncertain status of Lakers star Anthony Davis. His status is still questionable, so I will not put the starters lineup in this OP because such an important question is still unanswered.

Talking about starters, Dwight Howard has his first start in the 2020 playoff last game, but I expect to see him again, he performed very well on Thursday. The fact is that two Lakers veterans Howard and Rondo with 2.5M+2.5M salary are more useful in this series than Nuggets veterans Millsap and Plumlee which we paying 45M. The other possible starter change is Monte Morris instead of Gary Harris. With his defense on Mitchell, Clarkson, George, Lou-W, Harris is pure gold for Nuggets, nobody cared about his offense. But in this series, there are no such elite backcourt players where his defense will have so important role, and unfortunately, his offense in this series drops to his lowest level with just 26%FG%. On the other hand Morris efficiency up to career-high, so who cares because he makes life easier to Rondo and Caruso than Harris. Starter or not, Morris deserves some extra minutes instead of Harris in this series. The same we can say comparing Millsap and Porter. But the most intriguing question before this game (apart of Davis's ankle) is Nikola Jokic Conditions. In the last two games, he seems out of gas at the end, finishing scoreless 4th quarters.

Denver is best this playoff in eliminations games so let's hope this impressive strike (6-0 so far in "go or die" games) will continue.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#5, WCF): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers (1-3), SAT 21:00ET 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:08 am

Well, in the previous 6 elimination games, we didn't have to play against the refs too.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#5, WCF): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers (1-3), SAT 21:00ET 

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:22 am

Looks like the refs want their 3-peat tonight

SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#4 » by SMTBSI » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:42 am

Let's go comeback kids. Put a little fear into them.
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:12 am

LAL 17 foul shots to Denver 7....yeah there's no discrepancy in FT's :banghead:

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#6 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:19 am

Malone should throw Bol out there for a few minutes. At least he is 6 fouls, Plumlee is just overmatched.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#7 » by THE J0KER » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:23 am

Jokic 9pts and 3 fouls in just 8 minutes. Malone should play him more, this is not regular season game but playoff elimination game. In last 3 minutes of 1st half when Davis is benched with 3 fouls Millsap is useless should Porter play, and Jokic, and Nuggets should escape Lakers double-digit lead on halftime. But Malone have tunnel vision.

We beat this playoff several games after 10+ deficit, hope still exist, but this not looks good.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:28 am

I liked how they showed the block highlight by Green and Webber even skipped a beat when he saw gow bad that foul was.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:33 am

The FIX IS IN !!

doesntmatterz
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#10 » by doesntmatterz » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:19 am

The refs are down right disgusting....
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:37 am

Well, what a disgusting display of how corrupt the NBA is. LBJ has Silver in his back pocket, just pathetic. And what a hypocrite asking for justice and equality for Breonna Taylor when he has to fix a game to get to the Finals.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#12 » by THE J0KER » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:43 am

OK, the great season overall. If we re-sign Grant and no big injuries, next season should be even better!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#13 » by THE J0KER » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:53 am

skywalker33 wrote:Well, what a disgusting display of how corrupt the NBA is. LBJ has Silver in his back pocket, just pathetic. And what a hypocrite asking for justice and equality for Breonna Taylor when he has to fix a game to get to the Finals.

He deserves some respect for the 38-16-10 monster game and 10th final in 11 years. And after all, officials favoritism in this series is more related to the Lakers franchise than LeBron.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:14 am

skywalker33 wrote:Well, what a disgusting display of how corrupt the NBA is. LBJ has Silver in his back pocket, just pathetic. And what a hypocrite asking for justice and equality for Breonna Taylor when he has to fix a game to get to the Finals.

Personally I am going to avoid watching the finals and after this display by the refs and league I hope everybody else does as well.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#15 » by slicedbread2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:21 am

THE J0KER wrote:

He deserves some respect for the 38-16-10 monster game and 10th final in 11 years. And after all, officials favoritism in this series is more related to the Lakers franchise than LeBron.

That last stretch was nuts.

What really baffles me is the fact that MPJ didn't play at all after stopping LBJ. Giving Millsap all that time when he was really bad except from the FT line was baffling. Sure, his defensive deficiencies have been well documented, but MPJ was the only other dude who was getting consistent buckets. Coach Malone taking him out seemed to be the turning point that caused Denver to go into a scoring drought that also allowed the Lakers to take over.

As a Canadian, really love what Jamal has done for y'all. It's really sad that the dude was limping and visibly hurt. Then again, he played the most minutes in the playoffs and him and Jokic are special. It's a shame Jokic couldn't impose his will more especially with the foul trouble, but he really needs to sometimes say screw it and get some easy buckets like he's capable of doing. Plumlee though I dunno how he missed some gimmes at the rim. At least 8pts gone from there, but oh well.

Gary Harris is still a defensive stud, but it's really sad that these injuries really hurt him offensively. Before that, he looked like a killer at the 3pt line and now he seems out of it at times offensively.

Props to Jerami Grant. That dude laid it out there having to guard LBJ and AD at the same time. He's gonna get paid handsomely. Probably 3-4 at 16-18 a year. How much do you think he'll get paid after this?
skywalker33

Post#16 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:06 am

THE J0KER wrote:

I actually have LESS respect, he can't win in a straight-up, respectable game. And this corruption, how many of his stats, how many games, how many series were affected ??? Just too obvious and he supports it just to increase his legacy.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#17 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:50 am

slicedbread2 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

That last stretch was nuts.

What really baffles me is the fact that MPJ didn't play at all after stopping LBJ. Giving Millsap all that time when he was really bad except from the FT line was baffling. Sure, his defensive deficiencies have been well documented, but MPJ was the only other dude who was getting consistent buckets. Coach Malone taking him out seemed to be the turning point that caused Denver to go into a scoring drought that also allowed the Lakers to take over.

As a Canadian, really love what Jamal has done for y'all. It's really sad that the dude was limping and visibly hurt. Then again, he played the most minutes in the playoffs and him and Jokic are special. It's a shame Jokic couldn't impose his will more especially with the foul trouble, but he really needs to sometimes say screw it and get some easy buckets like he's capable of doing. Plumlee though I dunno how he missed some gimmes at the rim. At least 8pts gone from there, but oh well.

Gary Harris is still a defensive stud, but it's really sad that these injuries really hurt him offensively. Before that, he looked like a killer at the 3pt line and now he seems out of it at times offensively.

Props to Jerami Grant. That dude laid it out there having to guard LBJ and AD at the same time. He's gonna get paid handsomely. Probably 3-4 at 16-18 a year. How much do you think he'll get paid after this?

What a great perceptive post! Totally agree!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:31 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

I actually have LESS respect, he can't win in a straight-up, respectable game. And this corruption, how many of his stats, how many games, how many series were affected ??? Just too obvious and he supports it just to increase his legacy.

I agree with you, as Kosmiski said on the radio the other night, Greatness does not beg, and it sure seems that Lebron has a way of always begging for help and getting it. I had Lebron in my top 5 before this series, now I am not sure he is in my top 10, and he sure as **** is not the GOAT.
skywalker33

Post#19 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:54 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:He deserves some respect for the 38-16-10 monster game and 10th final in 11 years. And after all, officials favoritism in this series is more related to the Lakers franchise than LeBron.

I agree with you, as Kosmiski said on the radio the other night, Greatness does not beg, and it sure seems that Lebron has a way of always begging for help and getting it. I had Lebron in my top 5 before this series, now I am not sure he is in my top 10, and he sure as **** is not the GOAT.

While MJ needed help on his roster, none of his help wore stripes on their shirts. GOAT ???? more like SNAKE.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:10 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

While MJ needed help on his roster, none of his help wore stripes on their shirts. GOAT ???? more like SNAKE.

I don't remember Jordan ever complaining that he needed help, despite the fact that it was obvious he was the only above average player on the entire Bulls roster for most of the 80s. I don't remember Bird or Magic ever bitching about needing help, or throwing their teammates under the bus, or faking an injury, and I do not ever remember them begging the league to have the refs help them. I remember Kareem needing a lot of help, but I do not remember him crying for help from the refs. Shaq did, and most people laugh at the idea that Shaq was a top 5 player in league history despite having so many dominate seasons. Why Lebron is given a pass for all his crying and blaming others while benefiting from the kindest whistle in league history is a joke. I hope that the finals are the lowest viewed since the tape delayed early 80s, maybe that will wake the league up that basketball fans who have actually watched greatness are not buying Lebron as that level and they need to quit cheating all of us to push their stupid storyline.

Return to Denver Nuggets