ImageImage

Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#601 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:52 am

Matches Malone wrote:Was this video ever brought up yet? First time I watched it. Made me depressed lol.

I expect Giannis to be pretty much the same player for a while going forward.

I think his burning desire to get bigger and lift weights all day will eventually subside and his brain will naturally start finding more interest in the intricate details of basketball. And instead of people telling him what he needs to improve he will seek the right people and training methods himself. And all that will happen between his late twenties - early thirties, he will be at his best as a complete player around 32-33 years old, and will probably still look and move like a freak past his mid 30's.

He's lucky he's a natural gym rat with no injuries or bad lifestyle habits and obviously those superhuman genes, he's probably looking at an LBJ/VC/Tim Duncan/Karl Malone type career.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#602 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Allen Iverson wants Giannis to goto Golden State. Perfect timing he'd come out saying that with cause to reflect on the 2001 ECF.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,726

Post#603 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Was this video ever brought up yet? First time I watched it. Made me depressed lol.

I expect Giannis to be pretty much the same player for a while going forward.

I think his burning desire to get bigger and lift weights all day will eventually subside and his brain will naturally start finding more interest in the intricate details of basketball. And instead of people telling him what he needs to improve he will seek the right people and training methods himself. And all that will happen between his late twenties - early thirties, he will be at his best as a complete player around 32-33 years old, and will probably still look and move like a freak past his mid 30's.

He's lucky he's a natural gym rat with no injuries or bad lifestyle habits and obviously those superhuman genes, he's probably looking at an LBJ/VC/Tim Duncan/Karl Malone type career.
He can add to his game quicker but I think he needs a different coaching staff. Bud runs D'Antoni five-out stuff. The Bucks are treating Gianni like hes LeBron instead of a more athletic Garnet with transition/handles.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#604 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:13 pm

this is frustrating :noway:
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#605 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:51 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:He can add to his game quicker but I think he needs a different coaching staff. Bud runs D'Antoni five-out stuff. The Bucks are treating Gianni like hes LeBron instead of a more athletic Garnet with transition/handles.

Yes, but it must be extremely hard to convince himself there is something wrong with what he's been doing so far, when what he's been doing so far got him b2b MVPs, Nike, some 3 digit millions, 100 most influencial people in the world for **** sake (I mean I love the guy like a son but the world really needs to do better LOL)

Current Giannis needs to be an opportunistic scorer. He needs to be allowed to move like every other player on the team and wait for the opportunities that are right for him to score. Basically let him do what DDV does, he will probably still average 20, easy. ****, even if he averages zero he's still an All Star just from defense and rebounds.

But he can't be asked to create and score all the time, he just doesn't have that yet. He has to be allowed to pick his battles offensively and allowed to return the ball where it came from when he's double & triple teamed.

TLDR: we need a proper playmaker and an offense that can function at PO level intensity with and without Giannis.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#606 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 am

4FMVP4Rings4MVP wrote:Lebron, KD, and Kawhi all have multiple Finals MVPs. Something Giannis will never have. Giannis has been exposed in front of the whole world as a playoffs choker. Giannis is a disgrace.

Easy to accomplish when you have an insane stranglehold on the refs whistle or goto an already championship caliber team. Get outta here with that. You're talking about a 25 year old.

Giannis would have taken those in possession last year if he could barrel into & push off defenders like the LA rivals do. He'd be set to play in the finals again now.

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Post#607 » by RiotPunch » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:42 am

Hope Giannis gets something closer to a LeBron whistle when it comes to charges called next season after, you know, winning back-to-back MVP's and reigning DPOY.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#608 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:04 am

Nah, f-ck winning by the refs. Win on legit calls. Gianni is capable.

ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,906

Post#609 » by ReddoverKobe » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 am

giannis and 1 wrote:

this is frustrating :noway:

Someone send this to the bucks please
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,884

Post#610 » by Fotis St » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 am

Bud did nothing to prepare our team for wall and zone defense ... I think not MJ, not Kobe, not anyone has faced a Wall and a Triple Team like Giannis.

NBA should ban Zone defense

Zone defense brings the score down, and hurts the show... individual talent is lost cause of double-triple team ... It should be a Man's League not a High-School league... I mean Giannis one of the greatest athletes to ever play this game... is triple teamed... he can't go forward, he can't go right, can't go left, can't spin left or right, can't shove cause they always flop and get the whistle or Giannis could get seriously injured stepping on those floppers legs... Its getting ridiculous
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,770

Post#611 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 am

They didn't even play that much zone against us.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#612 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am

Giannis passing has been steadily declining, his assist/TO ratio was ok when Kidd first tried him at PG and has gone to **** since then. You can't double/triple Lebron or Doncic or Jokic because they find the open player with great accuracy, Giannis passing is hit & miss.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#613 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:37 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Giannis passing has been steadily declining, his assist/TO ratio was ok when Kidd first tried him at PG and has gone to **** since then. You can't double/triple Lebron or Doncic or Jokic because they find the open player with great accuracy, Giannis passing is hit & miss.

Meh.

16/17 (80 games)

19/20 (57 pre bubble games)
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#614 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 am

why is this different to bball ref stats?
Or is it?... I'm not sure I'm reading this properly
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,884

Post#615 » by Fotis St » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:40 am

Giannis needs a better coach to make X & Os with him NOT as a ball handler at the top of the key, alot here said that side pick n rolls can work better, or even iso post or off ball where he cuts or as a lob threat. We just wasted one more year of Giannis young dominant and healthy.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#616 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:51 am

Pachinko_ wrote:why is this different to bball ref stats?

19/20 wasn't updated for bubble play yet.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#617 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:50 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:why is this different to bball ref stats?

19/20 wasn't updated for bubble play yet.

I thought Giannis was a little better passer 3-4 years ago. Anyway I trust you, maybe my eye test needs calibration.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,726

Post#618 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:He can add to his game quicker but I think he needs a different coaching staff. Bud runs D'Antoni five-out stuff. The Bucks are treating Gianni like hes LeBron instead of a more athletic Garnet with transition/handles.

Yes, but it must be extremely hard to convince himself there is something wrong with what he's been doing so far, when what he's been doing so far got him b2b MVPs, Nike, some 3 digit millions, 100 most influencial people in the world for **** sake (I mean I love the guy like a son but the world really needs to do better LOL)

Current Giannis needs to be an opportunistic scorer. He needs to be allowed to move like every other player on the team and wait for the opportunities that are right for him to score. Basically let him do what DDV does, he will probably still average 20, easy. ****, even if he averages zero he's still an All Star just from defense and rebounds.

But he can't be asked to create and score all the time, he just doesn't have that yet. He has to be allowed to pick his battles offensively and allowed to return the ball where it came from when he's double & triple teamed.

TLDR: we need a proper playmaker and an offense that can function at PO level intensity with and without Giannis.

We're basically in agreement that his area of operation should be 20-feet and in toward the basket. The team needs a legit PG to organize the offense. Gianni being more off-ball can get him 6-8 easy points every game. Gianni playing out of the post gives him easier decisions to make when doubled (more concise passing lanes).

I do agree that it'll take a lot for him to realize some of this since he's been super successful individually the last five years.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,622

Post#619 » by blazza18 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:I thought Giannis was a little better passer 3-4 years ago. Anyway I trust you, maybe my eye test needs calibration.

3-4 years ago Giannis was looking to pass. Now he's looking to score. I don't think your eye test is too far off.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#620 » by engelmartin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
4FMVP4Rings4MVP wrote:Lebron, KD, and Kawhi all have multiple Finals MVPs. Something Giannis will never have. Giannis has been exposed in front of the whole world as a playoffs choker. Giannis is a disgrace.

Easy to accomplish when you have an insane stranglehold on the refs whistle or goto an already championship caliber team. Get outta here with that. You're talking about a 25 year old.

Giannis would have taken those in possession last year if he could barrel into & push off defenders like the LA rivals do. He'd be set to play in the finals again now.

Kawhi's only been to the finals once.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History

Return to Milwaukee Bucks