Image ImageImage Image

Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#1 » by wonderboy2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:33 am

Don’t know how to post videos on this board and the highlights are limited but a few things I’ve noticed. Carter looks way slimmer. Seen him matched up vs Gafford twice and he had 2 impressive blocks on Gafford and one where he got the block on Gafford and they passed the ball back to Carter and he ran the ball up the court. He actually looked very fluid doing so, for a second I thought he was Porter. Also Markannan looks to be in good shape as well. Carter also had a nice pass to Markannan for a dunk. I think this team is going to start playing better together because most of them are coming back from last year so they should have some chemistry together even though a lot of them were injured. I’m eager to see a Coby-Lavine-Porter-Markannan-Carter line up. I think those will be the starters. No offensive liabilities out there. Also this is no lie, Felecio actually looks in shape, couldn’t believe my eyes. Actually saw some muscle definition instead of him look out of shape. Probably still a scrub though.
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 846

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#2 » by Bullflip » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm

wonderboy2 wrote:Don’t know how to post videos on this board and the highlights are limited but a few things I’ve noticed. Carter looks way slimmer. Seen him matched up vs Gafford twice and he had 2 impressive blocks on Gafford and one where he got the block on Gafford and they passed the ball back to Carter and he ran the ball up the court. He actually looked very fluid doing so, for a second I thought he was Porter. Also Markannan looks to be in good shape as well. Carter also had a nice pass to Markannan for a dunk. I think this team is going to start playing better together because most of them are coming back from last year so they should have some chemistry together even though a lot of them were injured. I’m eager to see a Coby-Lavine-Porter-Markannan-Carter line up. I think those will be the starters. No offensive liabilities out there. Also this is no lie, Felecio actually looks in shape, couldn’t believe my eyes. Actually saw some muscle definition instead of him look out of shape. Probably still a scrub though.

Nice. Thanks for the info. How did you get the opportunity to view the Chicago bubble games?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#3 » by sco » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:51 pm

wonderboy2 wrote:Don’t know how to post videos on this board and the highlights are limited but a few things I’ve noticed. Carter looks way slimmer. Seen him matched up vs Gafford twice and he had 2 impressive blocks on Gafford and one where he got the block on Gafford and they passed the ball back to Carter and he ran the ball up the court. He actually looked very fluid doing so, for a second I thought he was Porter. Also Markannan looks to be in good shape as well. Carter also had a nice pass to Markannan for a dunk. I think this team is going to start playing better together because most of them are coming back from last year so they should have some chemistry together even though a lot of them were injured. I’m eager to see a Coby-Lavine-Porter-Markannan-Carter line up. I think those will be the starters. No offensive liabilities out there. Also this is no lie, Felecio actually looks in shape, couldn’t believe my eyes. Actually saw some muscle definition instead of him look out of shape. Probably still a scrub though.

In the photo I saw, Carter looked slimmer to me too. That would be great news! LOL on Felicio, but it is a contract year.
:clap:
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#4 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:20 pm

What does this mean? "Markkanen looked to be in good shape"? I am not interested in his any shape or form. Does he look like f NBA player and is he tradeable after this bubble at least? Did he add anything new. Did he shoot only 3s because he is soft? Did he fail post up a midget or two? More please. More.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#5 » by GimmeDat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:23 pm

You guys are acting like he was in the bubble - I'm pretty sure you're just referring to the highlights on social media, correct wonderboy?

I agree, they look good. Lauri had those vanity muscles in the upper body which were practically pretty useless. He looks slimmer and It think that will help him significantly. Hopefully he can build a somewhat lower body instead, that's what he needs.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#6 » by ChettheJet » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:49 pm

The NBA has some videos up, it's practice on YouTube, find more if you like.

https://youtu.be/9dIVpY4kz1U

All these guys have had to do for 6 months is work out with their trainer, they should look like they are in great shape. That's not much to brag on, they haven't played basketball and they haven't had very much floor time as teammates for the past 2 years. That's what I need to see,
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,051

Post#7 » by FriedRise » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#8 » by Ugly Duckling » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:10 pm

This got me excited ngl. If he can live up to his Horford-type potential, that'd be awesome. I'm worried about the injury bug. Training staff really needs to step their game up
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#9 » by Chewie » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:40 pm

This was posted late July from Wendell's individual workouts but thought he was looking good here:
Turn down for what?
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#10 » by TeamMan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Chewie wrote:This was posted late July from Wendell's individual workouts but thought he was looking good here:

This segment doesn't show any work in the post.

Looks more like ball handling for PF.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,065

Post#11 » by MrSparkle » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:24 pm

Glad Wendell is working on his handles, but:

(A) So Slow.

(B) More worried about his jumpshot.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#12 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:11 pm

But....how was those fries, Coby? He's such a good dude.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#13 » by PaKii94 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:59 pm

OPJ also seems to have lost the post injury chub.

And :lol: I agree felicio seems to actually have some definition now. But I ain't trusting contract year felicio anymore. Fool me once...
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#14 » by CBS7 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Good God I hope Lauri has a good year. I was all in on him in year 2. Want to be excited about this team again.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,983

Post#15 » by Chi town » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:48 pm

CBS7 wrote:Good God I hope Lauri has a good year. I was all in on him in year 2. Want to be excited about this team again.

Gotta love Felicio standing in the buffet line. Enjoy it while it lasts big fella.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,334

Post#16 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Stupid Coby - fries lead to 2assists a game. Can’t believe the kid not committed to passing the rock.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,633

Post#17 » by Dez » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:36 am

TeamMan wrote:
Chewie wrote:This was posted late July from Wendell's individual workouts but thought he was looking good here:

Literally 10 seconds into the video.....
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#18 » by sco » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:14 am

Dez wrote:
TeamMan wrote:

Good to see him looking a lot less chunky. He's got some work to go if he wants to cement a starting role going forward, but a good start.
:clap:
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#19 » by TeamMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:59 am

Dez wrote:
TeamMan wrote:

When he got the ball he was at least 6 ft away from the paint and his ending shot was a turn around fade away jumper 10 feet away from the paint.

That's not post play.

Post play, is when the player sets up his position as close as he possibly can to the paint, then turns or dribbles into the paint for a short shot or dunk.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,633

Post#20 » by Dez » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:02 am

TeamMan wrote:
Dez wrote:
TeamMan wrote:This segment doesn't show any work in the post.

When he got the ball he was at least 6 ft away from the paint and his ending shot was a turn around fade away jumper 10 feet away from the paint.

That's not post play.

Post play, is when the player sets up his position as close as he possibly can to the paint, then turns or dribbles into the paint for a short shot or dunk.

No it's still post play, you described playing in the low post.

Return to Chicago Bulls