ImageImage

Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#1341 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:51 pm

I’m always all in on motor guys. I also remember David Noel.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#1342 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Zero chance Terry will be there at 24. Thanks a lot, IND.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,481

Post#1343 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I just spent ten minutes or so watching highlights on Youtube so chisel this in stone. MN would be crazy to take Edwards over Wiseman. Edwards gives me strong Stanley Johnson vibes. Probably a better shooter though. Like I said, I only saw highlights.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,588

Post#1344 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:11 pm

So reports are out that the Bucks were one of the teams that interviewed Daniel Oturu.

Where does the board stand on him? Outdated post only, or the next John Collins? I wrote him off early, but he's actually made progress modernizing.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1345 » by machu46 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:05 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I just spent ten minutes or so watching highlights on Youtube so chisel this in stone. MN would be crazy to take Edwards over Wiseman. Edwards gives me strong Stanley Johnson vibes. Probably a better shooter though. Like I said, I only saw highlights.

I don't think I'd take Wiseman in the top 10 tbh. I agree that Edwards is probably the wrong choice though.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1346 » by machu46 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:06 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:So reports are out that the Bucks were one of the teams that interviewed Daniel Oturu.

Where does the board stand on him? Outdated post only, or the next John Collins? I wrote him off early, but he's actually made progress modernizing.

Where are you seeing this report just out of curiosity? I didn't know draft interviews and stuff were happening already.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#1347 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:47 pm

machu46 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I just spent ten minutes or so watching highlights on Youtube so chisel this in stone. MN would be crazy to take Edwards over Wiseman. Edwards gives me strong Stanley Johnson vibes. Probably a better shooter though. Like I said, I only saw highlights.

I don't think I'd take Wiseman in the top 10 tbh. I agree that Edwards is probably the wrong choice though.

Between the two I'd take Wiseman. Who do you like as numero uno? I'll check out some more quick highlights.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
machu46
General Manager

Post#1348 » by machu46 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:49 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Between the two I'd take Wiseman. Who do you like as numero uno? I'll check out some more quick highlights.

To me, LaMelo is the swing for the fences #1 pick. Tyrese Halliburton is the play it safe just get a positive contributor choice.

I would personally go with LaMelo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,944

Post#1349 » by RiotPunch » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:53 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:So reports are out that the Bucks were one of the teams that interviewed Daniel Oturu.

Poor man's Kabengele.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1350 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:28 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Poor man's Kabengele.

He's much quicker than Kabangele - who I thought was too slow for the NBA, and remember Kab came off the bench for FlaSt. The problem with Oturu - imo - is 2.8 to's per game vs 1.1 assists. But there is a lot to like about him. He was super-productive and started to show some range on his shot - made 7 of his last 11 3's. That could be a reason to compare him to Collins - who dramatically improved his 3. He's certainly got the physical ability to play in the NBA - with a real good frame. Like Collins, he's not a smart defender despite his good shot-blocking. I wouldn't complain if he's the pick - especially with Giannis to mentor him, and that's what he really needs imo - a mentor and a good organization - because he seems a bit immature when I've heard him talk.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#1351 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Ruzious wrote:I wouldn't complain if he's the pick - especially with Giannis to mentor him, and that's what he really needs imo - a mentor and a good organization - because he seems a bit immature when I've heard him talk.

Man I much rather get a guy that wants it then one that has to be taught to want it.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#1352 » by drone3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:59 pm

https://youtu.be/oRz2CxNc9nA

Kira with the Fox/Schroeder speed
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#1353 » by drone3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:06 pm

https://youtu.be/uUBWgQeE204

If we buy a second rounder , Malachi Flynn has swag
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,583

Post#1354 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Maybe they plan on trading up for the young guard? I'd have to think we have enough ammunition between our pick, DDV and Bledsoe to get into the teens if that's what they wanted to do. But honestly, I could see Terry go top 12 this year, especially with added weight.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#1355 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:41 pm

drone3 wrote: "Kira with the Fox/Schroeder speed

Good lawd, that kid can hoop. Love how smooth and controlled his finishes are.

If he makes it to us this draft is deeper than I've been led to believe. Shades of Mike Conley and Kenny Anderson in those clips.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#1356 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Maybe they plan on trading up for the young guard? I'd have to think we have enough ammunition between our pick, DDV and Bledsoe to get into the teens if that's what they wanted to do. But honestly, I could see Terry go top 12 this year, especially with added weight.

Read on Twitter

Think I like Lewis more. I just watch highlights, though. I count on you guys for the nuts and bolts.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,583

Post#1357 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:50 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Maybe they plan on trading up for the young guard? I'd have to think we have enough ammunition between our pick, DDV and Bledsoe to get into the teens if that's what they wanted to do. But honestly, I could see Terry go top 12 this year, especially with added weight.

Read on Twitter

Think I like Lewis more. I just watch highlights, though. I count on you guys for the nuts and bolts.

I'd be down for Lewis. I like Maxey and Josh Green a lot too.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1358 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:51 pm

drone3 wrote:https://youtu.be/uUBWgQeE204

If we buy a second rounder , Malachi Flynn has swag

Definitely. Most mock him mid to late 2nd, but I think somebody's gonna take him late 1st. He's too skilled not to make it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#1359 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'd be down for Lewis. I like Maxey and Josh Green a lot too.

I've been checking out some of the guards for the past couple of days. My quick takeaways as a Youtube scout:
  • I don't get the Hayes hype.
  • Haliburton kinda reminds me of Dante Exum. I don't know if that's good or bad.
  • Cole Anthony looks like he'll be a nice bench scorer/Seth Curry type.
  • Maledon seems like a legit playmaker. I wouldn't hate it.
  • Maxey would be way up my list if he can shoot the 3. Love his presence/attitude.
  • Josh Green's tape makes him look like the next Devin Booker. Wouldn't hate it.
  • Kira Lewis seems to have everything we need in a guard right now.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1360 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:02 pm

I still doubt Tyrell Terry makes it to our pick, but just looking at the mocks, there's so many PGs in this year's draft that are currently projected to go early. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see someone fall in our lap that is currently off the realistic radar (or fall close enough that we could theoretically trade up). ESPN's mock alone has the following PGs going ahead of us right now:

- LaMelo Ball
- Tyrese Haliburton
- Killian Hayes
- Cole Anthony
- Tyrese Maxey (if you consider him a PG)
- Theo Maledon
- RJ Hampton
- Kira Lewis
- Nico Mannion

9 dudes, not even including Tyrell Terry who they have as a mid-2nd right now. I have a hard time believing that roughly half the picks ahead of us are PGs. I would guess the actual number ends up being maybe 6 or 7. Maybe we get lucky and someone like Anthony or Maxey ends up sliding due to their shooting percentages. Or maybe Terry falls in our laps after all.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks