ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread *UPDATES*

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Re: Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread 

Post#181 » by TheRealDeal » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:17 pm

Open Gym was filming throughout the bubble but they didn’t put out any eps. Bubble doc incoming?
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#182 » by TRik » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Paul Watson putting in the work. Definitely want to see this dude getting some back up minutes next season. Could be a diamond.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-raptors/nba/raptors/news/toronto-raptors-paul-watson-shooting
‘Silly rabbit’
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#183 » by WeTheNorth123 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:36 pm

TRik wrote:Paul Watson putting in the work. Definitely want to see this dude getting some back up minutes next season. Could be a diamond.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-raptors/nba/raptors/news/toronto-raptors-paul-watson-shooting

Man i'm so high on this guy...

Long arms/wingspan
Good shooter
athletic
scoring feel

What else do you want from a young player. forget all these rookies. this guy put up big numbers in the G-league against pro's. he would kill any rookie SG in the draft

I like him more than patrick mccaw/stanly johnson/malcolm miller
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#184 » by TRik » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:44 pm

WeTheNorth123 wrote:
TRik wrote:Paul Watson putting in the work. Definitely want to see this dude getting some back up minutes next season. Could be a diamond.

Long arms/wingspan
Good shooter
athletic
scoring feel

What else do you want from a young player. forget all these rookies. this guy put up big numbers in the G-league against pro's. he would kill any rookie SG in the draft

I completely agree. I didn't want to overstate and sound like an idiot, but there's also a small part of me that thinks he could be better than Powell and Davis. He's the underdog I'm cheering for ATM.
‘Silly rabbit’
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#185 » by WeTheNorth123 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:54 pm

TRik wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:

Long arms/wingspan
Good shooter
athletic
scoring feel

I completely agree. I didn't want to overstate and sound like an idiot, but there's also a small part of me that thinks he could be better than Powell and Davis. He's the underdog I'm cheering for ATM.

Thats not too crazy of a statement. The league is about opportunities. He has all the tools and proven performance (G-League) and a couple of games with the raptors to make me think it's possible.

The thing is, if we lose Powell (10 mil+) it wont be the end off the world from an output perspective if we replace him with Watson (that's my opinion. i could be wrong)
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#186 » by TRik » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:
TRik wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:

Long arms/wingspan
Good shooter
athletic
scoring feel

Thats not too crazy of a statement. The league is about opportunities. He has all the tools and proven performance (G-League) and a couple of games with the raptors to make me think it's possible.

The thing is, if we lose Powell (10 mil+) it wont be the end off the world from an output perspective if we replace him with Watson (that's my opinion. i could be wrong)

Watson was definitely the smoothest SG/SF I saw on the Raptors floor this season. Having Watson and Thomas makes me feel OK if we need to flip Powell and Davis to upgrade the roster elsewhere.
‘Silly rabbit’
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#187 » by DIEHARD_005 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 pm

On the WT, Silver is now saying the season will start in January at the earliest - any thoughts?

Seems like they are banking in having fans in the stands. If that is the case, and if the border closure with the US continues, I think its highly likely the Raps are forced to play home games outside of Canada - which would royally suck. Just given Canada's handling of the virus compared to the US, at this point I think its all but assured that the Raps would not be able to go in and out of the country.

Taking MLS for example, the three Canadian clubs faced each other from mid August to mid September in closed stadiums - QC actually allowed the Impact (Montreal's team) to have something like 1000 fans in the stands. TFC and Vancouver were not allowed to do so. All three clubs have resumed playing teams in the US but my understanding is that they are only scheduling three matches at a time and TFC has to remain in the city they play in for some time before being allowed to travel - I don't think they are allowed back into Canada during this three game strech. The Raps being the lone Canadian club would likely get the same treatment as the Jays and not be allowed to play here period if the situation is the same come January.

Edit: Nvm, just noticed a seperate thread on the WT article. woops.
Mart1546
Junior
And1: 137

Post#188 » by Mart1546 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:00 am

Anyone else still in shock/disbelief that the Raptors are out and are no longer in championship contention? All year it still felt good that we won it, and while I knew we would need a superstar to repeat, I still had a very small glimpse of hope we could still make it. This is going to be one of the longest off seasons, not knowing who's going to be on our roster until January probably, and there's so many directions Masai & Bobby can take.
sycammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,304

Post#189 » by sycammer » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 am

this post may be a bit off-topic: if anyone recalls the TOR-MIA playoff series in 2016, Hassan Whiteside was playing great & was considered as a core of players for the heat...3 years later, he gets traded to portland in 3 team trade or something on those lines...the raptors have many assets, young players that other teams wouldn't mind trading for...im not beholden to any player on this roster, not even OG, look at the lakers, people were right to criticize them for trading Ingram to pelicans but the way AD has played, its a no news thing now...

we need to hit the ball of the park, we have a good supporting cast, we need to get 2 stars who can help back into contention fo the chapionship..only 2 teams have in the past 30 years without any top 10 players on their roster has won championships...2004 pistons & 2019 raptors...

its great to have witnessed the championship here but we now know it won't work for us beyond the 2nd round in the playoffs...
Oakley:

"What's going on the league today? It ain't nothing hard, they don't practice any more, they just go around the court doing nothing."
rage2021
Senior
And1: 523

Post#190 » by rage2021 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:24 pm

any news on pascal being in the gym with Rico Hines? ik would have suspected he would have hit him up right after being eliminated. lol
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,443

Post#191 » by mtcan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:54 pm

rage2021 wrote:any news on pascal being in the gym with Rico Hines? ik would have suspected he would have hit him up right after being eliminated. lol

Rico is a player developmental coach with the Sacramento Kings now...is he allowed to train guys not on the Kings?
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#192 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:32 pm

mtcan wrote:
rage2021 wrote:any news on pascal being in the gym with Rico Hines? ik would have suspected he would have hit him up right after being eliminated. lol

Rico is a player developmental coach with the Sacramento Kings now...is he allowed to train guys not on the Kings?

Yeah during the off-season is fine, he was still training other guys after he was hired last summer

Even working with Paul Watson rn
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,443

Post#193 » by mtcan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:37 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
mtcan wrote:

Yeah during the off-season is fine, he was still training other guys after he was hired last summer

I think Masai should have just brought Rico in as an assistant coach. He needs to steal him away...the practices would be epic.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#194 » by Mikistan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:30 pm

mtcan wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
mtcan wrote:Rico is a player developmental coach with the Sacramento Kings now...is he allowed to train guys not on the Kings?

I think Masai should have just brought Rico in as an assistant coach. He needs to steal him away...the practices would be epic.

Some guys just won't leave California it's no surprise Rico got a gig with a Cali franchise
KO7
Head Coach
And1: 9,888

Post#195 » by KO7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Might be late to the party on this, but I’m guessing there’s a complete overhaul on the Raptors’ jerseys lineup next season? Couldn’t believe the Raptors jerseys are 75% off right now. As disappointed as I was with Siakam’s playoffs performance, I couldn’t say no to $104.99 CAD off regular price. The jersey was only $39.99 before shipping and taxes. Couldn’t score an OG jersey in medium however.
HiJiNX wrote:Ngl I think I could pull Savanna Hamilton.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#196 » by Son Goku 25 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Man it would have been poetic justice seeing Raptors beating Lebron and Lakers in finals. Thats one team they wanted to dodge.
Read
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#197 » by nabbs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 pm

So guys are still decompressing and on vacation. I would say most of the offseason workout stuff will start rolling out in October.

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#198 » by TRik » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:09 pm

nabbs wrote:So guys are still decompressing and on vacation. I would say most of the offseason workout stuff will start rolling out in October.

Can’t happen soon enough brotha. I enjoyed theses conference finals, and I am looking forward to the finals but....

I bleed dinosaur blood. I need my raptors news.

Get me some Paul Watson training clips, anything!!!
‘Silly rabbit’
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,120

Post#199 » by LarSiN » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:17 pm

KO7 wrote:Might be late to the party on this, but I’m guessing there’s a complete overhaul on the Raptors’ jerseys lineup next season? Couldn’t believe the Raptors jerseys are 75% off right now. As disappointed as I was with Siakam’s playoffs performance, I couldn’t say no to $104.99 CAD off regular price. The jersey was only $39.99 before shipping and taxes. Couldn’t score an OG jersey in medium however.

Good tip ! Just snagged the Red Lowry one I've been wanting, only 39.99$, 50$ taxes in + shipped ! Bout the same price as knock offs, but with good quality !
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,568

Post#200 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:00 pm

KO7 wrote:Might be late to the party on this, but I’m guessing there’s a complete overhaul on the Raptors’ jerseys lineup next season? Couldn’t believe the Raptors jerseys are 75% off right now. As disappointed as I was with Siakam’s playoffs performance, I couldn’t say no to $104.99 CAD off regular price. The jersey was only $39.99 before shipping and taxes. Couldn’t score an OG jersey in medium however.

Where do I buy a jersey from at that price ???

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors