ImageImageImage

PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#4, WCF): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers (1-2), THU 21:00ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#4, WCF): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers (1-2), THU 21:00ET 

Post#41 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:53 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Hey Nuggets fans. I spent that half watching MPJ on defense. He's one of the worst defenders I've ever seen. His effort level reminds me of watching prime Monta Ellis under Don Nelson.

Is he totally disinterested or just utterly clueless?

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
He (MPJ) actually made a great defensive play! Forced Lebron into a travel.

So, how often does "one of the worst defensers I've ever seen" make a "great defensive play" on one of the best players in the league ??? Either you were wrong or just stupid on your initial assessment....just like we ALL said. And then you have the nards to go back over to the GSW forum and try and thump your chest ?? Real classy...and you wonder why people have asked you not to return here, what a PUTZ !!

Yeah, this is the first outstanding defensive plays I've ever seen him make. I'm happy for him, maybe he's actually willing to make the effort to be a good defender. But it's just a start, let's see how he looks next year. I'm sure everyone noticed how few minutes he played in this last game. I doubt it's because Malone was uninterested in his scoring, clearly Malone didn't trust him to play good enough defense to make his offensive ability worthwhile.

I wasn't wrong and I'm not stupid, it appears the Nuggets forum is inordinately populated by blind homers who can't bring themselves to acknowledge that their fresh-faced young offensive star is a miserable defender.

What do you mean, "thump your chest"? What are you referring to?

And hey mods, why is it okay for this guy to call me stupid and a putz? Name-calling isn't allowed on any forums so far as I know. I haven't engaged in this so why is it okay for this guy to? I haven't attacked anyone, yet this forum is allowed to tee-off on me?

You don't like my opinion and so I get slandered and cursed at?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#4, WCF): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers (1-2), THU 21:00ET 

Post#42 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:39 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Hey Nuggets fans. I spent that half watching MPJ on defense. He's one of the worst defenders I've ever seen. His effort level reminds me of watching prime Monta Ellis under Don Nelson.

Is he totally disinterested or just utterly clueless?

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
He (MPJ) actually made a great defensive play! Forced Lebron into a travel.

So, how often does "one of the worst defensers I've ever seen" make a "great defensive play" on one of the best players in the league ??? Either you were wrong or just stupid on your initial assessment....just like we ALL said. And then you have the nards to go back over to the GSW forum and try and thump your chest ?? Real classy...and you wonder why people have asked you not to return here, what a PUTZ !!

Yeah, this is the first outstanding defensive plays I've ever seen him make. I'm happy for him, maybe he's actually willing to make the effort to be a good defender. But it's just a start, let's see how he looks next year. I'm sure everyone noticed how few minutes he played in this last game. I doubt it's because Malone was uninterested in his scoring, clearly Malone didn't trust him to play good enough defense to make his offensive ability worthwhile.

I wasn't wrong and I'm not stupid, it appears the Nuggets forum is inordinately populated by blind homers who can't bring themselves to acknowledge that their fresh-faced young offensive star is a miserable defender.

And hey mods, why is it okay for this guy to call me stupid and a putz? Name-calling isn't allowed on any forums so far as I know. I haven't engaged in this so why is it okay for this guy to? I haven't attacked anyone, yet this forum is allowed to tee-off on me?

Everytime you come over here your posts are antagonistic, unsubstantiated and a bit foolish. We've tried to illuminate MPJ's status as a rookie learning the NBA, yet you still want to return with more bitchin' and moaning (I'm being attacked, I'm being slammed) but I still want you to agree with me so I can be right attitude. If you do this over in other forums, I'll bet they feel the same way about your annoying post. You even try calling out our MOD, this is what I mean by "thumping your chest"

GQ Hot Dog wrote:I'm currently in a bit of a fight with NuggetsWY on the Nuggets board about MPJ and how pathetically horrible a defender he is

As was pointed out, you just want someone to agree with you and that's not gonna happen here. You've been asked, advised, even told your post aren't wanted yet you come back to say the same thing over and over or to whine you're getting slammed or cursed (show me one time anyone has cursed at you ) so that lends me to believe you're trolling, it's a reasonable path to go down. It's not hard to believe you're here because nobody in the GSW forum cares about your posts either. Wise up and let it go, you've said your opinion, nobody here gives a crap or agrees with it, just walk away.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#43 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 am

skywalker33 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Everytime you come over here your posts are antagonistic, unsubstantiated and a bit foolish. We've tried to illuminate MPJ's status as a rookie learning the NBA, yet you still want to return with more bitchin' and moaning (I'm being attacked, I'm being slammed) but I still want you to agree with me so I can be right attitude. If you do this over in other forums, I'll bet they feel the same way about your annoying post. You even try calling out our MOD, this is what I mean by "thumping your chest"

GQ Hot Dog wrote:I'm currently in a bit of a fight with NuggetsWY on the Nuggets board about MPJ and how pathetically horrible a defender he is

As was pointed out, you just want someone to agree with you and that's not gonna happen here. You've been asked, advised, even told your post aren't wanted yet you come back to say the same thing over and over or to whine you're getting slammed or cursed (show me one time anyone has cursed at you ) so that lends me to believe you're trolling, it's a reasonable path to go down. It's not hard to believe you're here because nobody in the GSW forum cares about your posts either. Wise up and let it go, you've said your opinion, nobody here gives a crap or agrees with it, just walk away.

If you don't agree with my opinion, it's your prerogative to say so. But it's not okay, and not allowable on this forum to call me names and curse at me. "Putz" means a stupid or worthless person. It's a Yiddish curse word. Don't do that. I have not once resorted to that and I ask that you don't either.

This is a public forum. I have every right to post here as long as I don't break forum rules. You don't want me to respond to your posts? Stop responding to my posts.

I stated my opinion, you stated yours, we don't agree, fair enough. You don't need to resort to slandering me with Yiddish curse words and you don't need to resort to slander just because someone disagrees with you.

As far as what I said on another board, I never spoke ill of anyone including NuggetsWY whom I referenced. I acknowledged that we were in disagreement but I didn't disparage him. Believe me, I reserve my disparagement for what happens on the court, such as MPJ's lousy defense and bad body language.

The way he doesn't react to Murray's spectacular layup(top left of the screen, standing) in this clip I find concerning. Players are usually demonstrative when a teammate makes a great play. It looks to me like MPJ is more concerned with getting his than supporting his teammates. I see chemistry and leadership issues that will be a problem and an obstacle unless they get worked out.

It's not against any rules to say this on this forum. So don't respond with insults for my saying so.

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#44 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:32 am

All yours WY, I don't have to see any schmuck posts I don't want to. 8-)
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#45 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:46 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
You don't want an objective opinion, you want everybody to agree with you.

As objective opinion is that while he has some lapses, he is a solid defender most of the time, as shown by the fact that every advanced stat available for the playoffs shows that he is a slightly positive despite playing most of his minutes with the bench which is worse defensively than the starters and being asked to guard Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, and Lebron in the last 11 games.

Fact is we have a rookie that has played about 65 games in 3 years, and those 65 games he has played limited minutes, if you think DRaymond is going to be the reason that a rookie does not make mistakes on defense under those condition than you are delusional. INcluding regular season and playoffs he has played 1300 minutes, that is still only about 60% of the minutes that the top rookies got last year in the regular season. They are called rookie mistakes for a reason, and given the circumstances smart people understand there is going to be a learning curve.

As for you trying to attack Wy, you are making a fool of yourself. Not a single Nuggets fan is scared to disagree with any mods on RealGM, as long as you do it respectfully it brings more conversation. We are just not responding to you because you ignore the facts and are just looking for people to agree with you. Sorry but most of us on this board have followed the NBA for a long time and are smart enough to know the curve that rookies face.

Anyone else wondering if a certain someone was watching Porter in game 5? :lol:

He actually made a great defensive play! Forced Lebron into a travel.

But this is the second time I've been accused of attacking someone. What do you mean? Can you quote me on what you think was an "attack"? This looks a lot like when cops are beating the crap out of someone while telling them to "stop resisting"! Then you can ban me with the explanation, "We told him to stop attacking mods and he just kept it up."

My last post, did not accuse you of attacking anyone. Disagreeing does not cause a ban on this board. Obsessive disagreement with everyone on a single topic with continuous posts regarding that topic has caused one short ban - you are not even close.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#46 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So, how often does "one of the worst defensers I've ever seen" make a "great defensive play" on one of the best players in the league ??? Either you were wrong or just stupid on your initial assessment....just like we ALL said. And then you have the nards to go back over to the GSW forum and try and thump your chest ?? Real classy...and you wonder why people have asked you not to return here, what a PUTZ !!

People, please drop this topic. GQ Hot Dog, you have not received any support for your opinion here. It is unlikely that will change. we've hashed out Porter's defense all season long. You jump in at the end and expect everyone to bow down and say you are so wise.

Sky did not say you were stupid. He gave you a choice: that you are either stupid or wrong. Not nicely worded but that's his opinion. Calling you a "PUTZ" was a classless move; but I've seen far worse on other boards, especially California boards, along with a couple of East Coast boards.

Calling our posters "blind homers" while complaining about a name used against you is the proverbial "pot calling the kettle black".

Both of you PLEASE STOP! Thank you very much.

Return to Denver Nuggets