ImageImageImage

Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

kidfozzy
Junior
And1: 151

Re: Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property) 

Post#21 » by kidfozzy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Mattya wrote:
kidfozzy wrote:You mean the same guy who dressed as an orange Mortal Kombat character on his IG with his baddie wife brandished his gun on somebody?

I don’t see it.

What is the correlation here?

Seems like a nice and nerdy gentleman. Caught us by surprise. Might as well be KAT as well.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#22 » by Calinks » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:02 pm

If this stuff is directly correlated to him he has to be way smarter.

1. If you are using weed or around people doing it, obviously keep that stuff in the home/low key.

2. There is zero reasons for him to owning stolen or illegal weapons. You have the freaking money to get whatever legal gun you want through proper channels, no need to skimp and make shady purchases. Just stupid and asking for trouble. Maybe he has like illegal weapons or something but that's being stupid too in his position, at least don't have those out.

3. If you have friends over and they are causing issues (trespassing stuff) you got to keep them in check. They can't behave, they can't come over. If Beasley is the one acting up, he needs to be better.

Got to make better decisions Beasley. Also always have to be image-conscious in his position, doing this in a contract off-season. Not good.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#23 » by Revived » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 pm

shrink wrote:
minimus wrote:
Revived wrote:Guys with Malik’s last name just don’t do well in Minnesota.

Seriously, this is something I would’ve expected from Michael not Malik.

I remember Malik had a fight with someone. Seriously, he needs to take this situation as a warning. He is too good for such crap.

Yeah, someone on the other board said Malik was in trouble again, but I couldn’t find any info about the first time(s).

Anyone have info on that?

Are you talking about this?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/nba-star-malik-beasley-and-nfl-star-sua-cravens-brawl-over-instagram-model-montana-yao/news-story/fee08f86e83cc44aa9d4ea518dd29010
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#24 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:55 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Steve Haney, Beasley’s attorney released the following statement to The Athletic: “At the time of the incident, multiple individuals were present at the residence. The allegations against Malik will be defended vigorously.”

According to a source, police have received multiple trespassing complaints on Beasley’s home in the past.

If I was the attorney I would have used the term vociferously instead, to imply they were going to make a loud stink about it being reported he was being held without bail. Was he considered a flight risk? Makes it sound more serious.

I also liked that last line, from the source. Not sure how police could receive complaints on his home committing tresspassing. If they had received many complaints from the Beasley's about trespassors on their property in the past then it could point to that occuring again. But if they don't write it well how will anyone know that could be part of this. If he and guests in the past have tresspassed on a neighbors property in the past causing previous calls, then they should write it as such.

Hope some idiots just tagged along with friends over for a barbaque or something and this is on them and not him. I haven't read any gun brandishing reports yet but if it was him hopefully it was just a home defense case. Would absolutely hate to lose a shooter like this and one of the main points of all the deadline trading.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Jedzz wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Steve Haney, Beasley’s attorney released the following statement to The Athletic: “At the time of the incident, multiple individuals were present at the residence. The allegations against Malik will be defended vigorously.”

According to a source, police have received multiple trespassing complaints on Beasley’s home in the past.

If I was the attorney I would have used the term vociferously instead, to imply they were going to make a loud stink about it being reported he was being held without bail. Was he considered a flight risk? Makes it sound more serious.

I also liked that last line, from the source. Not sure how police could receive complaints on his home committing tresspassing. If they had received many complaints from the Beasley's about trespassors on their property in the past then it could point to that occuring again. But if they don't write it well how will anyone know that could be part of this. If he and guests in the past have tresspassed on a neighbors property in the past causing previous calls, then they should write it as such.

Hope some idiots just tagged along with friends over for a barbaque or something and this is on them and not him. I haven't read any gun brandishing reports yet but if it was him hopefully it was just a home defense case. Would absolutely hate to lose a shooter like this and one of the main points of all the deadline trading.

Yep that trespassing term was very poorly/ambiguously used. Totally left it open to others trespassing on Beasley's property.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#26 » by southern wolf » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:44 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Anthony Edwards chances of being our #1 pick just went way up.

Aren't there question marks about Edwards' character/motivation though too? Could have the opposite effect.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#27 » by Nick K » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley has been released from jail after being held in custody on allegations of marijuana possession and receiving and concealing stolen weapons, his attorney Steven Haney told The Athletic.

There are no official charges at this time, Haney said.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#28 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am

southern wolf wrote:

Aren't there question marks about Edwards' character/motivation though too? Could have the opposite effect.

No questions about his character. Motor maybe. When you think about Beasley being very close to some jail/prison time all of a sudden our need for a SG is a lot greater than it was.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#29 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:29 am

Nick K wrote:
There are no official charges at this time, Haney said.

Just a weekend in the pokey for nothing I guess? Held "without bail" and then released?

Was this just a night in a drunk tank?
Midw35t
Senior
And1: 564

Post#30 » by Midw35t » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:I would still re-sign him. 4 years 50 million, he would be ideal 6th man in the Eric Gordon, Terrance Ross role for the Wolves.

How about 4/30 after this, or less. He screwed the tiny leverage he had.
Midw35t
Senior

Post#31 » by Midw35t » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:01 am

Calinks wrote:If this stuff is directly correlated to him he has to be way smarter.

1. If you are using weed or around people doing it, obviously keep that stuff in the home/low key.

2. There is zero reasons for him to owning stolen or illegal weapons. You have the freaking money to get whatever legal gun you want through proper channels, no need to skimp and make shady purchases. Just stupid and asking for trouble. Maybe he has like illegal weapons or something but that's being stupid too in his position, at least don't have those out.

3. If you have friends over and they are causing issues (trespassing stuff) you got to keep them in check. They can't behave, they can't come over. If Beasley is the one acting up, he needs to be better.

Got to make better decisions Beasley. Also always have to be image-conscious in his position, doing this in a contract off-season. Not good.

2 - Plenty of reasons.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#32 » by Baseline81 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 am

Midw35t wrote:How about 4/30 after this, or less. He screwed the tiny leverage he had.

If Rosas offers him that, Beasley would play out the year and go into the next offseason a FA.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#33 » by Nick K » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:I would still re-sign him. 4 years 50 million, he would be ideal 6th man in the Eric Gordon, Terrance Ross role for the Wolves.

Yep. Perfect as a 6th man.
Midw35t
Senior

Post#34 » by Midw35t » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:08 am

Baseline81 wrote:
Midw35t wrote:How about 4/30 after this, or less. He screwed the tiny leverage he had.

If Rosas offers him that, Beasley would play out the year and go into the next offseason a FA.

Ok.

Then Rosas has a max slot to work with.

Beasley is in Rosas' chess game, not his own.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#35 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:08 am

I’m team wiseman but that’s with a future that has Beasley hanging outside the arc and draining 3s for us as a starting 2.

I would now take Edwards, gamble that he becomes a Donovan Mitchell type star and go from there. Save our money we’d otherwise spend on MB and cut that fat in the process
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#36 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:09 am

Midw35t wrote:

I really hope they don't try to undercut him badly. Cheapskating hardworking and high level shooting players seems like the worst thing a team like this could do to itself.
Midw35t
Senior

Post#37 » by Midw35t » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:13 am

Jedzz wrote:
Midw35t wrote:

I really hope they don't try to undercut him badly. Cheapskating hardworking and high level shooting players seems like the worst thing a team like this could do to itself.

He shot out of his mind for 14 games...

Denver chose to pay Harris and Barton for a reason. You can't knock their eye for talent.

Paying on perceived potential was already questionable. Now you screw around on the cusp of your first big check? In an odd world/economy.

Prove much more.

I would say a worse thing would be to handcuff your team by overpaying hope rather than proof.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#38 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:20 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:

I’m team wiseman but that’s with a future that has Beasley hanging outside the arc and draining 3s for us as a starting 2.

I would now take Edwards, gamble that he becomes a Donovan Mitchell type star and go from there. Save our money we’d otherwise spend on MB and cut that fat in the process

I'm still team Wiseman, Okongwu and Deni over Edwards. This incident isn't enough to make me want to get rid of him, but if we can get a sign and trade of him for something good I'm more open to it than I was.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#39 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:24 am

Midw35t wrote:
Calinks wrote:If this stuff is directly correlated to him he has to be way smarter.

2 - Plenty of reasons.

Enlighten us to all the reasons.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#40 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 am

Midw35t wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Midw35t wrote:

He shot out of his mind for 14 games...

Denver chose to pay Harris and Barton for a reason. You can't knock their eye for talent.

Paying on perceived potential was already questionable. Now you screw around on the cusp of your first big check? In an odd world/economy.

Prove much more.

I would say a worse thing would be to handcuff your team by overpaying hope rather than proof.

Let the market set his price. Match whatever contract offer he gets up to $12 million a year. He might not find anything better than 8.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves