ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the League 2020 Playoffs

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Around the League 2020 Playoffs 

Post#541 » by GTR11 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:09 am

Pat winning vs Lakers would be epic. I'm exited.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#542 » by Papi_swav » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:52 am

GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote: :lol: . We need GT, hot takes hot takes :lol:

how is it a hot take? If Boston comes back and win then that would be a hot take. It's a prediction. Heat didn't win the series today but they can in 2 days, and I predict they will. I don't know what you're talking about hot takes.

Oh my bad I thought you were talking about last night's game. I'm pulling for them too, F them Saltics.

lol I thought that's what u was thinking about, but no after game 4 I said the Sucktics is done, I didn't mean they was going to lose in 5 , I meant that Heat will win the series, most likely in 6 was my prediction at first and still is. If Celtics win this game then I'll eat crow but I'm with you on that one, screw those Saltics.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#543 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:44 pm

I just don't understand our visceral hatred of the Celtics.

It's probably just because I don't live on the East coast. I know that they are division rivals, and they fleeced us for brokedown hasbeens. I also took umbrage to their treatment of Kyrie, even before he came to us. All that stuff is upper management BS, Ainge is a smart man and runs a crooked operation. But the players and the coach, I have no beef with them.

I still believe that Boston is the better team, though Miami has shown me alot this postseason. I will still predict the Celtics to win, not only tonight but the series. They needed a hard lesson, and the Heat punished them earlier in this series. Now, it *seems* the tables have turned.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,851

Post#544 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:17 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I just don't understand our visceral hatred of the Celtics.

It's probably just because I don't live on the East coast. I know that they are division rivals, and they fleeced us for brokedown hasbeens. I also took umbrage to their treatment of Kyrie, even before he came to us. All that stuff is upper management BS, Ainge is a smart man and runs a crooked operation. But the players and the coach, I have no beef with them.

I still believe that Boston is the better team, though Miami has shown me alot this postseason. I will still predict the Celtics to win, not only tonight but the series. They needed a hard lesson, and the Heat punished them earlier in this series. Now, it *seems* the tables have turned.

Their fans have talked trash at us and have harassed this board for years when the Celtics had control of our picks. Are you serious?

**** them. I don't hate Tatum, Brown, Kemba, Smart etc. I like them as players, I enjoy watching them play. But **** every single fan of that franchise.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#545 » by gigantes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:47 pm

I haven't visited Boston since childhood, but from stories I've heard, it does sound like kind of an obnoxious, racist city. Maybe part of the attitude flows from an old money kind of mindset. I think here on this sub, "Prokorov" has told various tales through the years.

So you have to think that inevitably the fanbase, or the rep of the city, gets strongly associated with the franchise in question.

My own fatigue with the Celtics is related to the way their fans have a way of subtly or overtly pointing to their past glories in the 60's... as if it made them perpetual basketball royalty.

Yeah, I'd be a lot more impressed with all that if it wasn't a case of Auerbach managing to stack the team with an outsized amount of talent, which dominated an eight-team league for years. Yet when the league expanded and the talent pool caught up...? Seems like that's when The Celtics quickly disappeared.

EDIT: From what I understand, Red was a laudable, fantastic guy for helping to break down the 'color barriers,' but AFAIK he had no real goals other than finding a way to stack talent. So yeah, those were some great Celtic teams, year after year, but functioning in quite the vacuum of league-wide racism and old-school thinking.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#546 » by Papi_swav » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:38 pm

gigantes wrote:I haven't visited Boston since childhood, but from stories I've heard, it does sound like kind of an obnoxious, racist city. Maybe part of the attitude flows from an old money kind of mindset. I think here on this sub, "Prokorov" has told various tales through the years.

So you have to think that inevitably the fanbase, or the rep of the city, gets strongly associated with the franchise in question.

My own fatigue with the Celtics is related to the way their fans have a way of subtly or overtly pointing to their past glories in the 60's... as if it made them perpetual basketball royalty. I'd be a lot more impressed with all that if it wasn't a case of Auerbach managing to stack the team with an outsized amount of talent, which dominated an eight-team league for years. But when the league expanded and the talent pool became more easily distributed, that kind of all disappeared.

Trust me, Boston is a RACIST a$$ city and nothing but drunks and junkies. I don't mean to disrespect them like that but it's the full blown truth. I have a few cousins and uncles out there, I been there about 8 time since I was a kid and haven't been there for about 12 years or so. That is the very first time I experience racism first hand at the tender age of 9 years old. I hate everything about Boston.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#547 » by Papi_swav » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:41 pm

lol dude your profile was made in 2007, did you miss all the slander we took here when we gave up all those draft picks to Boston? Everyday guys were coming here trolling us. These guys were over here praying Brook Lopez would break his foot so they can get a #1 pick, it was soooooo pathetic and I will NEVER forget that .These losers actually made like 10 different websites about it, my god it was sooooo lame. Those Boston ppl have absolutely nothing better to do then worry about their sports teams. Us in NY and Jersey have better things to do and sports is secondary to most of us. In boston, it's sports first then family :lol: Screw them and I hope they suffer in sports misery for the rest of their loser lives.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#548 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Their fans have talked trash at us and have harassed this board for years when the Celtics had control of our picks. Are you serious?

**** them. I don't hate Tatum, Brown, Kemba, Smart etc. I like them as players, I enjoy watching them play. But **** every single fan of that franchise.

This is a very good point. Their fanbase is a dumpster fire. I guess I always separate my opinion of a team's fans from hatred of the actual team.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#549 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
gigantes wrote:I haven't visited Boston since childhood, but from stories I've heard, it does sound like kind of an obnoxious, racist city. Maybe part of the attitude flows from an old money kind of mindset. I think here on this sub, "Prokorov" has told various tales through the years.

My own fatigue with the Celtics is related to the way their fans have a way of subtly or overtly pointing to their past glories in the 60's... as if it made them perpetual basketball royalty. I'd be a lot more impressed with all that if it wasn't a case of Auerbach managing to stack the team with an outsized amount of talent, which dominated an eight-team league for years. But when the league expanded and the talent pool became more easily distributed, that kind of all disappeared.

Trust me, Boston is a RACIST a$$ city and nothing but drunks and junkies. I don't mean to disrespect them like that but it's the full blown truth. I have a few cousins and uncles out there, I been there about 8 time since I was a kid and haven't been there for about 12 years or so. That is the very first time I experience racism first hand at the tender age of 9 years old. I hate everything about Boston.

Yes and yes, I concede the point. I was unclear in my assertion.

When I say I don't like a team, I'm looking at the on-court ethos and the off-court behavior of employees and ownership. I can say that I hate Kyle Lowry and the Raptors. From Masai's vitriole, to really reckless intentional fouls, to constant flopping, to throwing full-blown tantrums when calls don't go their way, I just hate the way they approach the game. Their fans have also come on our board to talk trash, and I put that stuff in a separate compartment.
-- Steve Martin
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#550 » by gigantes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Yes and yes, I concede the point. I was unclear in my assertion.

When I say I don't like a team, I'm looking at the on-court ethos and the off-court behavior of employees and ownership. I can say that I hate Kyle Lowry and the Raptors. From Masai's vitriole, to really reckless intentional fouls, to constant flopping, to throwing full-blown tantrums when calls don't go their way, I just hate the way they approach the game. Their fans have also come on our board to talk trash, and I put that stuff in a separate compartment.

Still, you're making a larger point of observation here, no?

To me, that's where you start with basic facts & information, and anyone who doesn't like it can kick bricks.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#551 » by Papi_swav » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:36 am

Told you guys a while ago that BAM was a beast. Miami vs Lakers should be a good one.

I got Lakers in 6 but it won't be easy for Bron. he's going against his old coach and I think Spo knows a weakness or 2 of Lebron that he can exploit.

Iggy also guards Lebron well, Jimmy Butler will put in the effort as well and Jae Crowder. They have alot of guys to throw at Lebron. You can also throw Bam on him at times. AD will have to face BAM as well so nothing will come easy for these Lakers. I wouldn't be surprised if the heat actually wins but I think Lebron will go all out because he knows his time is coming up.

This bubble playoffs has been a pretty good one I can't lie. I'm so happy the days of GS walking over everybody is gone. And also Lebron just cruising to the playoffs in the East every single year.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#552 » by Paradise » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 am

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#553 » by Papi_swav » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:38 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Smoking on that Saltics pack :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#554 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:53 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lmaooooo!!!

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#555 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:54 am

Karma is a bitch. Their fans talked **** all season long. They deserve this.

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#556 » by therealbig3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:43 am

Here's the thing, we need to be about it, not just talk ****. The best way to get back at the Celtics fans that we've taken **** from ever since that trade went down? Make the Finals next year. Or the year after. Beat them in the playoffs.

Because they've had a good showing in the last few years, there's no denying that. But they keep getting smacked down before the big dance. All those draft picks, and no Finals appearances to show for it. And they don't have a ton of draft picks from us waiting in the wings to make their team better, and they're capped out.

And honestly, this year they lost to a team they really should have beaten. They absolutely had better talent than the Heat. Don't think you can really look at their playoff run and come away impressed. They shouldn't have gone 7 games against the Raptors, and they shouldn't have gone out in 6 to the Heat.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#557 » by Papi_swav » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:12 am

therealbig3 wrote:Here's the thing, we need to be about it, not just talk ****. The best way to get back at the Celtics fans that we've taken **** from ever since that trade went down? Make the Finals next year. Or the year after. Beat them in the playoffs.

Because they've had a good showing in the last few years, there's no denying that. But they keep getting smacked down before the big dance. All those draft picks, and no Finals appearances to show for it. And they don't have a ton of draft picks from us waiting in the wings to make their team better, and they're capped out.

And honestly, this year they lost to a team they really should have beaten. They absolutely had better talent than the Heat. Don't think you can really look at their playoff run and come away impressed. They shouldn't have gone 7 games against the Raptors, and they shouldn't have gone out in 6 to the Heat.

Well said. We have to put our money where our mouths is now. I don't see many of us here trolling them or talking much trash to them anyway, it's usually them starting. I hope KD and Kyrie goes off on them every single time.

Tatum and Brown is only going to get better and they're still young. Good thing they overpaid Kemba and Hayward so now they're capped out and they're running out of other teams draft picks. Miami is also going to get better. I don't see Celtics making significant changes that puts them over us or the Heat for now. Their core is pretty much set so they'll mostly be using the MLE and vet mins from here on out. We on the other hand have assets .
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#558 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:08 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Here's the thing, we need to be about it, not just talk ****. The best way to get back at the Celtics fans that we've taken **** from ever since that trade went down? Make the Finals next year. Or the year after. Beat them in the playoffs.

Talent doesn't automatically equal a better sum of the whole parts. Miami has defenders at every position and elite three point shooting. An elite closer in Jimmy Butler, an all star center in Bam that can defend on every switch. Can't say the same for Boston.

Tatum and Brown are a fantastic wing combo but there is growing that needs to be done, especially with Tatum who needs to figure out how to make everyone around him better, dude thinks he has to go out be like Kobe but in reality Kobe at his apex knew how to make guys around him better. Jimmy Butler makes his teammates better and doesn't have to force up a ton of shots to make his impact felt. Huge difference.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#559 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Papi_swav wrote:

Well said. We have to put our money where our mouths is now. I don't see many of us here trolling them or talking much trash to them anyway, it's usually them starting. I hope KD and Kyrie goes off on them every single time.

Tatum and Brown is only going to get better and they're still young. Good thing they overpaid Kemba and Hayward so now they're capped out and they're running out of other teams draft picks. Miami is also going to get better. I don't see Celtics making significant changes that puts them over us or the Heat for now. Their core is pretty much set so they'll mostly be using the MLE and vet mins from here on out. We on the other hand have assets .

Yep, I hope Kyrie and KD wreck them. Their fans even now in the face of defeat, they are STILL talking about Kyrie :lol: :lol: !

proof: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2001807&start=400

:lol: Kyrie is gone, yet instead of criticizing the players on their roster, they're still yapping about him. Sad really.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#560 » by Claud » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

Yep, I hope Kyrie and KD wreck them. Their fans even now in the face of defeat, they are STILL talking about Kyrie :lol: :lol: !

proof: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2001807&start=400

:lol: Kyrie is gone, yet instead of criticizing the players on their roster, they're still yapping about him. Sad really.

rent free :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets