ImageImageImage

***Around The League 2020 Bubble Thread***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,167

Re: ***Around The League 2020 Bubble Thread*** 

Post#461 » by Neeva » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:20 am

Yeah I am sure Herro’s hot streak in bubble is making every team from the knicks to Miami pick last draft wish they selected him instead. But Herro was not that great in the regular season (or not that much better than Culver and Barrett) Who knows how the latter two would have played in the bubble and surrounded with better supporting cast and better coaches.

It will be interesting to see which sg is the best in 2-3 seasons. Right now it’s clearly Herro.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#462 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Neeva wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
Calinks wrote:The Miami Heat may be in the NBA finals. Hope Culver is taking notes from Herro.

I wanted Herro or Rui SO bad with our pick until we traded it, then I wanted Garland. After CLE took Garland, I was praying we'd take either Coby, Rui or Herro..I really Doubt Culver will top Herro's rookie year within the next 2 years, but that's probably because I'm so down on Culver and wanted us to stay FAR away from him after seeing his NCAA run.

A guy I pray we get this year is Maxey, his workouts might make him top 10, though. If he's at 17 and we don't pick him, I might go crazy

Garland stunk worse than culver his rookie year.

Garland was not good. Sexton was, but not a PG. Maybe the Cavs want to trade up to 1 for Ball. Nance, #5 and whatever else we can extort from them for #1.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#463 » by minimus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Neeva wrote:Yeah I am sure Herro’s hot streak in bubble is making every team from the knicks to Miami pick last draft wish they selected him instead. But Herro was not that great in the regular season (or not that much better than Culver and Barrett) Who knows how the latter two would have played in the bubble and surrounded with better supporting cast and better coaches.

It will be interesting to see which sg is the best in 2-3 seasons. Right now it’s clearly Herro.

This playoffs, Murray, Herro and Robinson have been steadily torpedoing non-shooters value. It might happen that Okoro falls out of top15.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#464 » by Neeva » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:06 pm

minimus wrote:
Neeva wrote:Yeah I am sure Herro’s hot streak in bubble is making every team from the knicks to Miami pick last draft wish they selected him instead. But Herro was not that great in the regular season (or not that much better than Culver and Barrett) Who knows how the latter two would have played in the bubble and surrounded with better supporting cast and better coaches.

This playoffs, Murray, Herro and Robinson have been steadily torpedoing non-shooters value. It might happen that Okoro falls out of top15.

Hereo shot 42 percent in regular season though (Culver 40) If this means Maxey drops to 17 after a bad shooting freshman year at Kentucky, then great!
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#465 » by KGdaBom » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:24 am

Lakers might be without Davis for game 5. If so can LeBron lead the Lakers to victory without him?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#466 » by Klomp » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:50 pm

Vanterpool linked to Pacers and Thunder jobs
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#467 » by Jedzz » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:18 pm

He was displaying awesome game IQ all season long.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#468 » by Jedzz » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Neeva wrote:
minimus wrote:

Hereo shot 42 percent in regular season though (Culver 40) If this means Maxey drops to 17 after a bad shooting freshman year at Kentucky, then great!

Herro/Culver: Herro slightly higher shot load overall. Close in attempts from 3 and FT.
Herro shot 42.8 FG, 38.9 3FG, .870 FT
Culver shot 40.4 FG, 29.9 3FG, .462 FT

Slightly different output. Wouldn't you say?
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#469 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Absolutely. With referee interpretation of fouls, flopping by players and inability to avoid contact from the shooters it is so dumb to draft on defensive potential.

The number one draft skill that you need to identify. Pure shooting. And guess what? We ain't got enough.
minimus wrote:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#470 » by Killboard » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:12 pm

As someone who really liked Herro @11, I'm going to say he is really polished as a rookie and that's enough to justify the pick. I still think we haven't seen the best of Culver yet. He struggled with hi FT% and clearly is a mental aspect or something going on with his mechanics change, but based on his FT% in college he shouldn't be that bad for long.

He already made strides in season, shooting over 35% over the last 30 games which are not few. He was among the top rookies in deflections+blocks+steals and much better than the likes of Wiggins, Beasley or Graham this year.

To fully untap his potential he also needs to be a better initiator, even when does not requires to be the main one, but is hard before he can be a threat to score off the dribble, that is which makes Herro look awesome.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#471 » by KGdaBom » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:12 am

Killboard wrote:As someone who really liked Herro @11, I'm going to say he is really polished as a rookie and that's enough to justify the pick. I still think we haven't seen the best of Culver yet. He struggled with hi FT% and clearly is a mental aspect or something going on with his mechanics change, but based on his FT% in college he shouldn't be that bad for long.

He already made strides in season, shooting over 35% over the last 30 games which are not few. He was among the top rookies in deflections+blocks+steals and much better than the likes of Wiggins, Beasley or Graham this year.

To fully untap his potential he also needs to be a better initiator, even when does not requires to be the main one, but is hard before he can be a threat to score off the dribble, that is which makes Herro look awesome.

I'm with you. I'm very NOT giving up on Culver.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#472 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 am

Heat up 62-60 at the half. Come on Celtics.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#473 » by Neeva » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:20 am

Killboard wrote:As someone who really liked Herro @11, I'm going to say he is really polished as a rookie and that's enough to justify the pick. I still think we haven't seen the best of Culver yet. He struggled with hi FT% and clearly is a mental aspect or something going on with his mechanics change, but based on his FT% in college he shouldn't be that bad for long.

-
Culver head to head matchups(3) against ROY Morant. 17.6 points, 52 percent field goal, 43 3 point field goal, 5.6 rebounds, 3 assists.

Needs to find consistency and he will be good.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#474 » by Neeva » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 am

KGdaBom wrote:Heat up 62-60 at the half. Come on Celtics.

Wolves went 2-0 against the heat, go figure.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#475 » by Calinks » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:22 am

My God... The Miami Heat are in the NBA finals. How in the world did that happen?

Lebron about to get another ring. Really nice look to his resume vs other greats did it on multiple teams with multiple supporting cast.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#476 » by Calinks » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:26 am

I knew Miami would be better with JImmy, thought they may struggle to make the playoffs but they would be on the right path. These dudes are playing for a championship lol. Unbelievable.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#477 » by Neeva » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 am

Calinks wrote:I knew Miami would be better with JImmy, thought they may struggle to make the playoffs but they would be on the right path. These dudes are playing for a championship lol. Unbelievable.

Bucks, raptors choke.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#478 » by minimus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:41 am

I wonder what BOS will do. IMO they need to get Wiseman or Okongwu.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#479 » by southern wolf » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:52 am

Normally I would support the underdog here but **** Jimmy Butler. Go Lakers.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#480 » by southern wolf » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:55 am

minimus wrote:I wonder what BOS will do. IMO they need to get Wiseman or Okongwu.

They could use an upgrade at C/PF, but like Denver they don't need to make any major moves, just let their young core develop.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves