Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#621 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:54 pm

engelmartin wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
4FMVP4Rings4MVP wrote:Lebron, KD, and Kawhi all have multiple Finals MVPs. Something Giannis will never have. Giannis has been exposed in front of the whole world as a playoffs choker. Giannis is a disgrace.

Easy to accomplish when you have an insane stranglehold on the refs whistle or goto an already championship caliber team. Get outta here with that. You're talking about a 25 year old.

Giannis would have taken those in possession last year if he could barrel into & push off defenders like the LA rivals do. He'd be set to play in the finals again now.

Kawhi's only been to the finals once.

2013, 2014 (MVP) Spurs.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,278

Post#622 » by fan230 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:09 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Giannis passing has been steadily declining, his assist/TO ratio was ok when Kidd first tried him at PG and has gone to **** since then. You can't double/triple Lebron or Doncic or Jokic because they find the open player with great accuracy, Giannis passing is hit & miss.

Also it seems that the players they pass to, tend to shoot successfully from a distance more often than our other players do, when passed to by Giannis.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#623 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:13 am

fan230 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Giannis passing has been steadily declining, his assist/TO ratio was ok when Kidd first tried him at PG and has gone to **** since then. You can't double/triple Lebron or Doncic or Jokic because they find the open player with great accuracy, Giannis passing is hit & miss.

Also it seems that the players they pass to, tend to shoot successfully from a distance more often than our other players do, when passed to by Giannis.

A lot of it also hinges on the quality of the pass, it's not great for a shooter when you throw it at his feet.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#624 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:02 pm

;feature=youtu.be
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Bucknado
Sixth Man
And1: 1,195

Post#625 » by Bucknado » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Matches Malone wrote:;feature=youtu.be

I guess that dude on Twitter with 4 followers who told me Giannis needs to move to a larger market to get endorsement deals and would make up the salary difference was wrong. Who knew?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#626 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Bucknado wrote:

I guess that dude on Twitter with 4 followers who told me Giannis needs to move to a larger market to get endorsement deals and would make up the salary difference was wrong. Who knew?

I never understood keeping that mindset in 2020. This isn't the 80's lol. Also, It's not like he's looking to become a full-time actor that needs to be in a large market for auditions lol. Especially in today's landscape with social media, it really doesn't matter where you play. If you're good, you'll get the endorsements and agencies/brands will be clamoring to work with you
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#627 » by midranger » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Gotta bring in Hakeem or someone to teach him 2-3 post moves. Not sure he can keep gyro stepping into three guys and have a long career and his jumper will never be a go to move.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#628 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:18 pm

midranger wrote:Gotta bring in Hakeem or someone to teach him 2-3 post moves. Not sure he can keep gyro stepping into three guys and have a long career and his jumper will never be a go to move.

Been worried for a while about Giannis' style of play and his ultimate longevity. Aside from his own offensive versatility expanding, I think hes a good passer from the post/elbow and you'd see the whole team benefit.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#629 » by raferfenix » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm

Making things easier for Giannis is the most persuasive argument for me to acquire CP3 or another real distributor at the 1.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#630 » by chonestown » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:55 pm

I don't get why being an insurance pitchman or endorsing a grade-D beef re-seller is automatically regarded as a goal to be pursued. OTOH: call JG Wentworth, I need cash now.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Superfito
Senior
And1: 82

Post#631 » by Superfito » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Bucknado wrote:

I never understood keeping that mindset in 2020. This isn't the 80's lol. Also, It's not like he's looking to become a full-time actor that needs to be in a large market for auditions lol. Especially in today's landscape with social media, it really doesn't matter where you play. If you're good, you'll get the endorsements and agencies/brands will be clamoring to work with you

I mean if your goal is maximizing $'s, endorsements and other business opportunities, it's silly to think where you play doesn't matter even in 2020. We don't need to pretend like those opportunities are the same in Milwaukee that they are in other locations - location does and always will matter. However, those things might not matter as much to GIANNIS, which is what matters in this specific situation.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#632 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:51 pm

Superfito wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Bucknado wrote:

I mean if your goal is maximizing $'s, endorsements and other business opportunities, it's silly to think where you play doesn't matter even in 2020. We don't need to pretend like those opportunities are the same in Milwaukee that they are in other locations - location does and always will matter. However, those things might not matter as much to GIANNIS, which is what matters in this specific situation.

Sure, his manager can go and live in LA permanently, no problem, he can look after all the opportunities. Put a second one in NY too. Zoom meetings with the owners of whatever mob wants their merch sold by Giannis, like everybody does these days anyway.
The film crews will have to travel to MKE sorry.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#633 » by Matches Malone » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:07 pm

Superfito wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Bucknado wrote:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Unless there are sources you can point me to that backs this theory? These guys get a ton of their marketing (Commercials, ads, voice overs, shoes etc.) done in the off-season. A player doesn't need to be playing in a specific market to get these kinds of deals anymore, especially if they aren't even living in said Market for 3-4 months at a time. Someone like LeBron is the biggest outlier because he wanted to start a movie production, so obviously that's not going to happen in a place like Milwaukee, but even some of the most marketed guys like Lillard, only play in Portland Oregon. :dontknow:
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,348

Post#634 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:49 pm

All I can think of is the bountiful bricks that his wide open teammates missed all year off incredible Giannis passes.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#635 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:51 am

All I have to say about loyalty is this ...

Giannis has been loyal for 7 straight years , out working the Bucks players, Org and the entire league.

If Giannis leaves next summer he remains Loyal to his father's legacy. He wants to dedicate a Championship to his father. His father said to him when he was a teenager... "Whatever work you do ... you got to be the Best" ... this is the story of Mr Charles and his son. He feels its his obligation to fulfil that promise and become a Champion.

I will continue to follow him since day 1. Such an inspiring story, such an inspiring personality, what a wonderful journey, what a wonderful family.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#636 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:23 am

I agree with that Fotis, to a point. If he leaves I won't be "mad" at him. But I hope his new team never wins a championship. He'll be just another opponent.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#637 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:41 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I agree with that Fotis, to a point. If he leaves I won't be "mad" at him. But I hope his new team never wins a championship. He'll be just another opponent.

Fair enough.

For me, if he leaves to a new team, I will support Giannis individually to fulfil his promise to Mr Charles.
I want him to win a Ring even in his new team, cause I am absolutely sure he will come back and win at least one for us.
He LOVES Milwaukee deeply ... he is a special one ... he loves "ones"

One Family
One Woman
One Team (Bucks)
One God

He is that simple , once he fulfils his obligation and probably wins two rings ...
I am 1000% he will think ... I have one unfinished business in my life, a Championship to Milwaukee.

Anyway this is just fast forward thinking till next summer.
Can we shake everything here and win it all here ?
I prefer it, that's why I am so active to trade even Bud himself, cause this is the year, till the next he comes back.
Bucks have to act like he is leaving next summer and do whatever possible to win it all next season.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,731

Post#638 » by brettski » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:09 am

Fotis St wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I agree with that Fotis, to a point. If he leaves I won't be "mad" at him. But I hope his new team never wins a championship. He'll be just another opponent.

Fair enough.

For me, if he leaves to a new team, I will support Giannis individually to fulfil his promise to Mr Charles.
I want him to win a Ring even in his new team, cause I am absolutely sure he will come back and win at least one for us.
He LOVES Milwaukee deeply ... he is a special one ... he loves "ones"

One Family
One Woman
One Team (Bucks)
One God

He is that simple , once he fulfils his obligation and probably wins two rings ...
I am 1000% he will think ... I have one unfinished business in my life, a Championship to Milwaukee.

Anyway this is just fast forward thinking till next summer.
Can we shake everything here and win it all here ?
I prefer it, that's why I am so active to trade even Bud himself, cause this is the year, till the next he comes back.
Bucks have to act like he is leaving next summer and do whatever possible to win it all next season.

I don't think anyone expects different. You're a Giannis fan not a bucks fan. I'll continue supporting the bucks but as one of my two favourite players will hopr he gets a chip (ideally here).
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#639 » by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:22 am

I'd be curious how many posters we'd lose on our forum if he did leave. I'd be happy for Giannis if leaving is what he decides is best, but I won't follow, cheer, or abandon the Bucks because he's not on the team anymore. He'll just be another apponent that we'll acknowledge with a standing applause to start, and then I'll boo :lol:
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#640 » by AussieBuck » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:33 am

Matches Malone wrote:I'd be curious how many posters we'd lose on our forum if he did leave. I'd be happy for Giannis if leaving is what he decides is best, but I won't follow, cheer, or abandon the Bucks because he's not on the team anymore. He'll just be another apponent that we'll acknowledge with a standing applause to start, and then I'll boo :lol:

Won't be many abandoning the team except a couple massive homers. Won't be a Yi situation probably more a Bogut. These Greek dudes are ours now.

I know I'll cheer him on elsewhere if he's not on a Lakers type team. Don't want to think about a rebuild tho until I have to.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks