ImageImageImage

Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property) 

Post#61 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:20 pm

KGdaBom wrote: If reports are true the reason police came to his house was he pulled a gun on a car that happened to be parked in front of his house. He pointed it at the occupants and told them to move along pointing it at them as they drove away. Then when the police arrived he escalated things by shouting at the police. Maybe he's being unfairly profiled and BLM will make a martyr of him.

Since you are just guessing, how about you just stop throwing trash at the wall.
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#62 » by NebWolvesFan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:20 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Midw35t wrote:Especially in this odd year, with no known cap.

Another thing to consider is that KAT was out for the entirety.

We were trial testing a new system, and without KAT, Beasley had a green light when we were playing for nothing.

What happens when his shots are reduced by at least a third (and I'm being conservative here)?

His shots won't be reduced by a Third by simply adding Towns. Other players took plenty of shots while Towns was out. Wiggins had more FGA when Towns was here than Beasley had in what you call a test. Wiggins just wasn't anywhere near accurate enough.

His accuracy as a starter with better players around him goes higher. Proven in the 19 starts he has while not with Wolves. The games you refuse to admit to.

An average of 50/46/82 as a starter in 33 total starts.
An average of only 47/43/76 as a starter in MN without KAT. 8.2 3FGA and 16.6 FGA

The only number we really know is that he turned down an offer from Denver to extend at 10/yr. Because he is simply worth more.
Midw35t wrote:What has Beasley actually proven?
Lou Will who had a track record of a firearm off the bench made 8 mil per.

Beasley has outdone that in 14 games?

Lou Williams is a good player. But he doesn't shoot at this high of level. Lou= 42/35/82
He's also 33 years old on his 15th season and 6"1.

Again, Beasley in 33 starts has "proven" 50/46/82. He's 23 years old and 6'4.

You don't want to pay shooters like this? Keep losing. Go take chances in the draft and we can keep watching other teams make their baskets in the playoffs.

Jedzz I 100% get where you are coming from, but 33 games is still a very small sample size. Beasley is not a proven 40%+ 3 point shooter. The more that comes out about his arrest the more concerning it is also. If reports are true the reason police came to his house was he pulled a gun on a car that happened to be parked in front of his house. He pointed it at the occupants and told them to move along pointing it at them as they drove away. Then when the police arrived he escalated things by shouting at the police. Maybe he's being unfairly profiled and BLM will make a martyr of him.

He may not be a proven 40 percent shooter, but he has made 39 percent on 791 attempts. I'll take it.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,816

Post#63 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Beasley is not a proven 40%+ 3 point shooter. .

The hell he's not. He starts, he shoots well over it. That's how it works for every other starter.

He has much more games of experience from bench and he shoots well from there as well. But these two roles aren't the same for many players. I don't expect the numbers to be the same from the starting/bench roles. The proof is there.

Jedzz why make everything into a fight. Beasley had what two or three stretches of starts totaling 33 games. To be a proven 40% 3 point shooter he would have to have done it for 3 or more complete seasons in a row. Could he be? Sure, but that's not proven.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#64 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote: If reports are true the reason police came to his house was he pulled a gun on a car that happened to be parked in front of his house. He pointed it at the occupants and told them to move along pointing it at them as they drove away. Then when the police arrived he escalated things by shouting at the police. Maybe he's being unfairly profiled and BLM will make a martyr of him.

Since you are just guessing, how about you just stop throwing trash at the wall.

I'm not guessing. I'm just following up on what has been reported so far. I make no accusations. I have not passed judgment, but what I read today caused my very mild concern level from last night to go up a lot. Hopefully all the negative reports will be proven false, but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend there is nothing to be concerned about.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#65 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:31 pm

NebWolvesFan wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
His shots won't be reduced by a Third by simply adding Towns. Other players took plenty of shots while Towns was out. Wiggins had more FGA when Towns was here than Beasley had in what you call a test. Wiggins just wasn't anywhere near accurate enough.

His accuracy as a starter with better players around him goes higher. Proven in the 19 starts he has while not with Wolves. The games you refuse to admit to.

An average of 50/46/82 as a starter in 33 total starts.
An average of only 47/43/76 as a starter in MN without KAT. 8.2 3FGA and 16.6 FGA

The only number we really know is that he turned down an offer from Denver to extend at 10/yr. Because he is simply worth more.

Lou Williams is a good player. But he doesn't shoot at this high of level. Lou= 42/35/82
He's also 33 years old on his 15th season and 6"1.

Again, Beasley in 33 starts has "proven" 50/46/82. He's 23 years old and 6'4.

You don't want to pay shooters like this? Keep losing. Go take chances in the draft and we can keep watching other teams make their baskets in the playoffs.

Jedzz I 100% get where you are coming from, but 33 games is still a very small sample size. Beasley is not a proven 40%+ 3 point shooter. The more that comes out about his arrest the more concerning it is also. If reports are true the reason police came to his house was he pulled a gun on a car that happened to be parked in front of his house. He pointed it at the occupants and told them to move along pointing it at them as they drove away. Then when the police arrived he escalated things by shouting at the police. Maybe he's being unfairly profiled and BLM will make a martyr of him.

He may not be a proven 40 percent shooter, but he has made 39 percent on 791 attempts. I'll take it.

39% is less than 40%+. He does better in a starting role and that's good. I'm just saying it is premature to consider him a locked in elite 3 point shooter just yet. He could be, but if I'm in the jury I'm still out on that.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#66 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 am

Spoiler:
KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Beasley is not a proven 40%+ 3 point shooter. .

The hell he's not. He starts, he shoots well over it. That's how it works for every other starter.

He has much more games of experience from bench and he shoots well from there as well. But these two roles aren't the same for many players. I don't expect the numbers to be the same from the starting/bench roles. The proof is there.

Jedzz why make everything into a fight. Beasley had what two or three stretches of starts totaling 33 games. To be a proven 40% 3 point shooter he would have to have done it for 3 or more complete seasons in a row. Could he be? Sure, but that's not proven.

Oh you little instigator you.

Three or more seasons in a row? What kind of crazy are trying to sell here? Go away!

Miami is in the Finals right now because they found two consistent young shooters to add to their vets.

Dunkin Robinson was a rookie playing off bench last season shooting only .286 from 3 when only getting 11 mins a game with only three 3FGA. He starts 68 games this season and his shooting .446 from 3 on over 8 attempts. It's the same kind of thing that happens for Beasley. He gets better the more he's involved. Most players implode when their involvement gets too high. Especially when young. These are the real players that excel with high involvement and will slip into obscurity if they only get minor minutes. Like Beasley. Like JMac. And none of you notice! It's the one thing all teams have to figure out about their individuals on their roster. How to get the best out of them, and is their best worth the minutes, offensive focus, and shots they might need. For some, the answer is hell yes because their efficiency starts to go off charts once involvement reaches a high level.

The only two games Dunkin Robinson's minutes dropped below 15 mins this season, he attempted 7 3FG and made zero. He attempted 9 FG and made 1. This is ludicrously bad compared to his games of 20 minutes or higher shooting 47/45/93 and higher. From 35 attempts 29% in 18-19 to 606 regular season attempts from 3 this seasonor 45%. Do you see yet? This is completely backwards of say, the great Edwards of the draft who loaded up 8 3FGA per game in college for 29%. In the pros, if you can drop him down to 3 to 4 attempts Edwards might, might bring you 33-34%. It's backwards but at least it's easy to figure out. This isn't rocket science but you can't just go off hype and make belief. The question is, if you can only load up 3-4 attempts onto his back is he a positive or a hindrance to your type of offense when it only amounts to 4 pts from 3s and he needs 20 minutes to pull it off. Others can do more with that time in this offense. This should be a major factor in their decisions about picks and then their minute load.

Dunkin Robinson was a 6'7 210 gomer pyle that you guys would have laughed at or ignored anyone suggesting he should be drafted in 2018. He's still only rebounding at a 3/g avg. But he plays 28-30 minutes in the playoffs and the Heat are in the finals for it. Because he took 7 3FGA per game and hit 40% in the playoffs. The Celtics blew them out a couple times because some of these guys aren't all world defenders. But they can shoot with the best of them under duress and that in the end is what matters from their role.

In his second season, Robinson set a Heat franchise record for three-pointers made in a season, and tied the franchise record for most three-pointers in a playoff game. wikipedia

U N D R A F T E D !

Shove your 3 years of proof you instagating mfalstdkljpufkghlp'aki;sdpefgokrs!n.

These clowns constantly advocate immediate and long term starting for top draft picks for 4 years bricklaying before they would let one real shooter outside the first round help their team for even a year as a starter. Look at the proof staring you in the face. Wake up or shut up and get out of the way.

Personal Attacks.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#67 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 am

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Oh you little instigator you.

Three or more seasons in a row? What kind of batshti crazy are trying to sell here? Go away!

Miami is in the Finals right now because they found two consistent young shooters to add to their vets.

Dunkin Robinson was a rookie playing off bench last season shooting only .286 from 3 when only getting 11 mins a game with only three 3FGA. He starts 68 games this season and his shooting .446 from 3 on over 8 attempts. It's the same kind of thing that happens for Beasley. He gets better the more he's involved. Most players implode when their involvement gets too high. Especially when young. These are the real players that excel with high involvement and will slip into obscurity if they only get minor minutes. Like Beasley. Like JMac. And none of you notice! It's the one thing all teams have to figure out about their individuals on their roster. How to get the best out of them, and is their best worth the minutes, offensive focus, and shots they might need. For some, the answer is hell yes because their efficiency starts to go off charts once involvement reaches a high level.

The only two games Dunkin Robinson's minutes dropped below 15 mins this season, he attempted 7 3FG and made zero. He attempted 9 FG and made 1. This is ludicrously bad compared to his games of 20 minutes or higher shooting 47/45/93 and higher. From 35 attempts 29% in 18-19 to 606 regular season attempts from 3 this seasonor 45%. Do you see yet? This is completely backwards of say, the great Edwards of the draft who loaded up 8 3FGA per game in college for 29%. In the pros, if you can drop him down to 3 to 4 attempts Edwards might, might bring you 33-34%. It's backwards but at least it's easy to figure out. This isn't rocket science but you can't just go off hype and make belief. The question is, if you can only load up 3-4 attempts onto his back is he a positive or a hindrance to your type of offense when it only amounts to 4 pts from 3s and he needs 20 minutes to pull it off. Others can do more with that time in this offense. This should be a major factor in their decisions about picks and then their minute load.

Dunkin Robinson is a 6'7 210 gomer pyle that you guys would have laughed at or ignored anyone suggesting he should be drafted in 2018. He's still only rebounding at a 3/g avg. But he plays 28-30 minutes in the playoffs and the Heat are in the finals for it. Because he took 7 3FGA per game and hit 40% in the playoffs. The Celtics blew them out a couple times because some of these guys aren't all world defenders. But they can shoot with the best of them under duress and that in the end is what matters from their role.

In his second season, Robinson set a Heat franchise record for three-pointers made in a season, and tied the franchise record for most three-pointers in a playoff game. wikipedia

U N D R A F T E D !

Shove your 3 years of proof you instagating mfalstdkljpufkghlp'aki;sdpefgokrs!n.

These clowns constantly advocate immediate and long term starting for top draft picks for 4 years bricklaying before they would let one real shooter outside the first round help their team for even a year as a starter. Look at the proof staring you in the face. Wake up or shut up and get out of the way.

Jedzz you can make long posts and call me a MFer for thinking different than you. However, a player isn't a proven 40%+ shooter until they've done it for years. You can believe they will replicate it or not, but they aren't proven. Doing it over a long time is exactly what proven means. Do I think Beasley can do it? Good chance. Is he proven no way in hell. I'm not going to call you an instigating MFer like you did me though. Try treating people with respect. I usually treat you with respect and in this case I was showing you no disrespect at all. I had the slightest of difference of opinion from you and you go off on me. I wish I could have conversation with you. You have some of the best takes on this board, but as soon as I say anything you construe as disagreeing with you you take exception and go off the rails.

PS I'm not one of the clowns advocating immediate and long term starting for top draft picks for 4 years of brick laying.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#68 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:54 am

KGdaBom wrote:Jedzz you can make long posts and call me a MFer for thinking different than you. However, a player isn't a proven 40%+ shooter until they've done it for years. You can believe they will replicate it or not, but they aren't proven. Doing it over a long time is exactly what proven means. Do I think Beasley can do it? Good chance. Is he proven no way in hell. I'm not going to call you an instigating MFer like you did me though. Try treating people with respect. I usually treat you with respect and in this case I was showing you no disrespect at all.

PS I'm not one of the clowns advocating immediate and long term starting for top draft picks for 4 years of brick laying.

Don't give me your bs. You keep saying you knew all about how great Woods would be and how perfect he was for here based solely on what you saw from him in Summer league. That's you seeing something that clicked for you and that's you trying to share that insightful moment with others. Of course no one listens. Because there was zero actual proof and an undrafted tag on him and for people here that's a redline.

All I'm doing is attempting to share something with you that you aren't seeing. Only this time there is real proof, and not just from a 14 game snippet here, but in two stretches with two very different teams of 14 and 19 games. These games show something amazing and it's obviously not a system thing the two teams have in common. It's all about this player. He also has 791 attempts from 3, 1522 FG attempts in 220 games in. You act like he hasn't shown enough yet? You are doing nothing but instigating here and arguing for the sake of getting me to post. It's either that or you are a complete folkjasdfl;kashdjfrtolp clown.

You feeling like you need y e a r s is a rule for absolutely no one. As shown, if the Heat followed your rules of demanding YEARS or (3 YEARS as claimed :lol: ) of proof before they would go all in and let these players have consistent 30 minute games, then neither Dunkin Robinson or Herro play much at all this year and the Heat aren't in the finals right now.

Just quit your fake arguing.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#69 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:00 am

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Jedzz you can make long posts and call me a MFer for thinking different than you. However, a player isn't a proven 40%+ shooter until they've done it for years. You can believe they will replicate it or not, but they aren't proven. Doing it over a long time is exactly what proven means. Do I think Beasley can do it? Good chance. Is he proven no way in hell. I'm not going to call you an instigating MFer like you did me though. Try treating people with respect. I usually treat you with respect and in this case I was showing you no disrespect at all.

Don't give me your bs. You keep saying you knew all about how great Woods would be and how perfect he was for here based solely on what you saw from him in Summer league. That's you seeing something that clicked for you and that's you trying to share that insightful moment with others. Of course no one listens. Because there was zero actual proof and an undrafted tag on him and for people here that's a redline.

All I'm doing is attempting to share something with you that you aren't seeing. Only this time there is real proof, and not just from a 14 game snippet here, but in two stretches with two very different teams of 14 and 19 games. These games show something amazing and it's obviously not a system thing the two teams have in common. It's all about this player. He also has 791 attempts from 3, 1522 FG attempts in 220 games in. You act like he hasn't shown enough yet? You are doing nothing but instigating here and arguing for the sake of getting me to post. It's either that or you are a complete folkjasdfl;kashdjfrtolp clown.

You feeling like you need y e a r s is a rule for absolutely no one. As shown, if the Heat followed your rules of demanding YEARS or (3 YEARS as claimed :lol: ) of proof before they would go all in and let these players have consistent 30 minute games, then neither Dunkin Robinson or Herro play much at all this year and the Heat aren't in the finals right now.

Just quit your fake arguing.

Jedzz did I say don't give players minutes until they've proved it for years? You sure don't like it when people do the straw man with you so don't do it with me. To me a few years of doing something is what it takes to be proven. If you think 33 games of starts is proof you have a massively lower threshold for proof than I have. 39% on 791 shots from three would be an indicator that he won't shoot over 40%. What you have to go on are his starts and the ridiculously good shooting over a small sample size. I never even said he wouldn't continue shooting over 40% I just said he wasn't proven. That makes me deserve this treatment from you. Instigating MFer and F'ing clown? You really need to get a grip.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#70 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:18 am

KGdaBom wrote:To me a few years of doing something is what it takes to be proven. If you think 33 games of starts is proof you have a massively lower threshold for proof than I have. 39% on 791 shots from three would be an indicator that he won't shoot over 40%.

Do yourself a favor and quit. You are getting worse as you continue.

You claim that 39% over a crazy mix of bench and starting roles on 791 shots means this is all he will ever be from a 23 year old. When he's proven that when he starts he shoots over 45%, up to 47% here, and much higher in Denver.

You refuse to acknowledge that the Heat just made the finals starting a second year player 68 games this year that shot 28% from three last season off bench and allowed him to take over 8 3FGA this season for over 40%. This is proof that other teams make these decisions on players and can use them to get to the finals. But no, you don't believe in such things without years of...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#71 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 am

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:To me a few years of doing something is what it takes to be proven. If you think 33 games of starts is proof you have a massively lower threshold for proof than I have. 39% on 791 shots from three would be an indicator that he won't shoot over 40%.

You claim that 39% over a crazy mix of bench and starting roles on 791 shots means this is all he will ever be from a 23 year old. When he's proven that when he starts he shoots over 45%, up to 47% here, and much higher in Denver.

You refuse to acknowledge that the Heat just made the finals starting a second year player 68 games this year that shot 28% from three last season off bench and allowed him to take over 8 3FGA this season. If you don't want to accept reality, don't expect me to believe a single word you type again.

Straw Man again from the person who complains the most whenever he is treated as a straw man. You are putting words into my mouth that I never said. Go back and look at my posts. See where I said anything that you claim I said. I'm prepared to wait until hell freezes over for your proof. I specifically said he could be a 40%+ shooter so that fully disagrees with the bolded part. All I said is he has not proven himself to be a reliable 40%+ shooter and you just can't come to grips with me requiring a higher level of proof than you.
I never said anything about Duncan Robinson.
Regarding your edit to the post I'm replying to I can believe in somebody before they're proven. That's the very definition of Faith/Belief.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#72 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:31 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

You refuse to acknowledge that the Heat just made the finals starting a second year player 68 games this year that shot 28% from three last season off bench and allowed him to take over 8 3FGA this season. If you don't want to accept reality, don't expect me to believe a single word you type again.

Straw Man again from the person who complains the most whenever he is treated as a straw man. You are putting words into my mouth that I never said. Go back and look at my posts. See where I said anything that you claim I said. I'm prepared to wait until hell freezes over for your proof. I specifically said he could be a 40%+ shooter so that fully disagrees with the bolded part. All I said is he has not proven himself to be a reliable 40%+ shooter and you just can't come to grips with me requiring a higher level of proof than you.

Strawman? Where? You quoted my posts that included the Heat example and said no way anyway. Are you now saying it was fine for the Heat to do it, but it's not fine for the Wolves to see it with even better proof?

Go back and look at all the posts you quoted and stop bothering me.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#73 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:34 am

Kvomit wrote:_____

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The next unknown player that pops up playing really well out of nowhere...save your claim that you told everyone so before they began. Because we all know you need years of proof now to believe in their future. You see nothing. Your claim.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#74 » by karch34 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:24 am

KGdaBom wrote:Maybe he's being unfairly profiled and BLM will make a martyr of him.

You and Jeddz can debate all you want but that statement doesn't belong in this discussion.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#75 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:29 am

karch34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Maybe he's being unfairly profiled and BLM will make a martyr of him.

You and Jeddz can debate all you want but that statement doesn't belong in this discussion.

I'm done debating with Jedzz. I debated with myself about making that statement, but I think it's legit. It might become a racial issue. Is that political and against the rules?
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#76 » by karch34 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:20 am

Possible, but unlikely as there appears to be probable cause for police involvement and no one was killed. It's the who and why someone becomes a martyr and everything that goes with it that doesn't need to be brought into the discussion in my opinion.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#77 » by Baseline81 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:21 am

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#78 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:23 am

Baseline81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Letting the legal process run it's course doesn't sound all that supportive to me.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#79 » by urinesane » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Plymouth = nosey ass neighbors called the cops on someone having a get together is my guess
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#80 » by Dewey » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:57 pm

He made a couple bad decisions here no mattter how you slice it ... legal action or not, this is not how a professional represents themselves and/or their company/team. In other words, when it comes to your private life and your community, you are apart of the problems or apart of the solutions. He does not appear to be apart of a solution. I know some are far more tolerant of these types of situations ... I myself have a low tolerance.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves