And1: 1,977

Re: OFFICIAL Timberwolves Mini-Camp Bubble Thread 

Post#81 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 am

KGdaBom wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Is Reid looking a little pudgy?

He looks less pudgy than he did last season.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,883

Post#82 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:26 am

Yeah I don't see pudge on Reid
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,717

Post#83 » by minimus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Usually its a big man receiving pass from PG in fast break and finishing it. But within new MIN system with KAT and Reid there is really no difference.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#84 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Thing with Reid is, he has very broad shoulders and a short neck. I think that makes him look slightly pudgy, especially in a sleeved shirt.
minimus
RealGM

Post#85 » by minimus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:27 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Thing with Reid is, he has very broad shoulders and a short neck. I think that makes him look slightly pudgy, especially in a sleeved shirt.

I'd love his bench press and fat% numbers. A year ago, he was weak and fat. I root for him, he still grows, he is only 21yo. He can be a real physical force, once his body is fully developed. Right now he is a more finesse player, he had stamina issues. But imagine him as Oakley type of tough guy. We need such guys.
minimus
RealGM

Post#86 » by minimus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:49 pm

It sounds weird, but this mini-camp bubble is like a real SL/predraft camp for MIN. Because we have so many talented young players to prove themselves, to get some experience. For sure, I am a biased MIN fan, but many of our young players might have same potential as this year rookies:

* - Culver. 21yo, already a defensive stud, could be in top10 of this draft.
* - Reid. 21yo, a unicorn, could be in the lottery this year
* - Vanderbilt. 21yo, our main hope for future PF, could be in the lottery this year
* - Nowell. 21yo could be FRP this year

Not to mention JMac, Okogie, and Martin.

P.S. I also should note, how keeping continuity at GM/HC position, might be beneficial for us, if we look, for instance, CHI, they have just hired Karnishovas, Donovan and will be doing a lot of staff including draft, scouting, player development from scratch now. Some teams did not even start their bubble. I am very disappointed that Wolfson made that damage with his absolutely meaningless rumor at the worst possible moment, plus Beasley did not show well. But at the end of the day, we started this work, it is not a sprint, it a marathon.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,814

Post#87 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:11 pm

minimus wrote:It sounds weird, but this mini-camp bubble is like a real SL/predraft camp for MIN. Because we have so many talented young players to prove themselves, to get some experience. For sure, I am a biased MIN fan, but many of our young players might have same potential as this year rookies:

* - Vanderbilt. 21yo, our main hope for future PF, could be in the lottery this year

P.S. I also should note, how keeping continuity at GM/HC position, might be beneficial for us, if we look, for instance, CHI, they have just hired Karnishovas, Donovan and will be doing a lot of staff including draft, scouting, player development from scratch now. Some teams did not even start their bubble. I am very disappointed that Wolfson made that damage with his absolutely meaningless rumor at the worst possible moment, plus Beasley did not show well. But at the end of the day, we started this work, it is not a sprint, it a marathon.

This might be a tad optimistic, but I like the way you think. :D
minimus
RealGM

Post#88 » by minimus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:It sounds weird, but this mini-camp bubble is like a real SL/predraft camp for MIN. Because we have so many talented young players to prove themselves, to get some experience. For sure, I am a biased MIN fan, but many of our young players might have same potential as this year rookies:

This might be a tad optimistic, but I like the way you think. :D

Indeed, it is very optimistic. But look at Bulls, Atlanta, New York, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Detroit. I prefer our situation every day of the week. Golden State is another level of course.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:10 pm

minimus wrote:Indeed, it is very optimistic. But look at Bulls, Atlanta, New York, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Detroit. I prefer our situation every day of the week. Golden State is another level of course.

The hard thing is those are all Eastern Conference teams, while we need to be passing teams in the West.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#90 » by moonpie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#91 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:22 pm

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'm impressed by the shooting. Only one missed shot when Culver got blocked by Okogie. If we shoot that well in real games we are going to be tough to beat.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#92 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Doesn't seem like Dlo participating in these scrimmages. Feels like we have a college roster without dlo and Towns and Beasley lol.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:44 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I'm impressed by the shooting. Only one missed shot when Culver got blocked by Okogie. If we shoot that well in real games we are going to be tough to beat.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated :wink:

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:44 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:Doesn't seem like Dlo participating in these scrimmages. Feels like we have a college roster without dlo and Towns and Beasley lol.

This is essentially summer league, other than Johnson and Layman.

With no Towns, Russell, Beasley, Hernangomez, most experienced players not named Johnson and Layman are Okogie, Evans and Vanderbilt (all in third year).

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#95 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I'm impressed by the shooting. Only one missed shot when Culver got blocked by Okogie. If we shoot that well in real games we are going to be tough to beat.

:lol:
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#96 » by moonpie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#97 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:16 am

Klomp wrote:

Klomp you think there's any chance that video was edited to remove some missed shots? :o
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#98 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:21 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Thing with Reid is, he has very broad shoulders and a short neck. I think that makes him look slightly pudgy, especially in a sleeved shirt.
A short neck and broad shoulders in short sleeves won't make him look any less like a football player. Guy is what is his who cares but I see your point it may just be perception.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#99 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:26 am

minimus wrote: I am very disappointed that Wolfson made that damage with his absolutely meaningless rumor at the worst possible moment, plus Beasley did not show well. But at the end of the day, we started this work, it is not a sprint, it a marathon.

yes agree
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#100 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:33 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I saw Martn looking as serious as usual. There is a competitor there.
I saw JJ with his blue/gray hair, I bet he brings some levity.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves