Re: Running it Back Would Be a Mistake 

Post#21 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:37 pm

unresponsive

Read on Twitter

this is why we lost, not Trezz

I enjoyed the whole season up until Game 4
you made every game thread a misery from Day One

this is a virtual community
nobody would EVER invite you over to have a beer and watch the game and that's the difference, smart guy

so stop harassing me and enjoy your gloat

I came over to this other thread to get away from you
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#22 » by og15 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:46 am

Game 7 was part of why Doc got fired, but he got fired because of game 5, 6, 7, probably also because the Dallas series also showed a bit of shakiness, but not simply because of game 7.

Game 5 2nd half lost 67-49
Game 6 2nd half lost 64-35
Game 7 2nd half lost 50-33

I think it is quite disingenuous for that person to suggest that it was a one game decision. The team shouldn't have been in a game 7 in the first place, and while players play, a coach has to also be able to find a way to get his team to not collapse in the 2nd half three games in a row. If the coach is saying "well the players should figure it out", okay, sure, but then why is the coach getting paid?

They averaged 34 pts/game in the 2nd half of game 6 and 7, that's an average of 17 pts/quarter in 4 quarters in the 2nd half. Teams with worse players would struggle to do that, a coach can't simply be excused for that kind of consistently bad performance.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#23 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:49 am

esqtvd wrote:unresponsive

Read on Twitter

nobody would EVER invite you over to have a beer and watch the game and that's the difference, smart guy

Doc got fired because of everything leading to a game 7. Post the numbers of the off and on of your guy forcing Harrell to play.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#24 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:51 am

og15 wrote:Game 7 was part of why Doc got fired, but he got fired because of game 5, 6, 7, probably also because the Dallas series also showed a bit of shakiness, but not simply because of game 7.

Game 5 2nd half lost 67-49
Game 6 2nd half lost 64-35
Game 7 2nd half lost 50-33

I think it is quite disingenuous for that person to suggest that it was a one game decision. The team shouldn't have been in a game 7 in the first place, and while players play, a coach has to also be able to find a way to get his team to not collapse in the 2nd half three games in a row. If the coach is saying "well the players should figure it out", okay, sure, but then why is the coach getting paid?

They averaged 34 pts/game in the 2nd half of game 6 and 7, that's an average of 17 pts/quarter in 4 quarters in the 2nd half. Teams with worse players would struggle to do that, a coach can't simply be excused for that kind of consistently bad performance.

Some people don’t get this and I’m calling out any narrative that tries to paint game 7 as the fault. Game 7 was brutal but he was outcoached by RC and Malone
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,803

Post#25 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:28 am

TheNewEra wrote:

Read on Twitter

Doc got fired because of everything leading to a game 7. Post the numbers of the off and on of your guy forcing Harrell to play.

You're entitled to your opinion. Zu's minutes were doubled and Trezz's cut in half.

Doc got fired because the entire organization failed, from giving away the farm to get PG, signing a non-point guard to play point guard, to every player [except Zubac!] playing WAY under par in the bubble. Doc is NO victim here but he's the logical one to pay. He failed at his #1 thing, keeping the troops fighting. They quit, and if they wanted him back, he'd be coming back.

The only way for everyone to save face [including the players] is to make Doc the scapegoat and roll the dice again next year with a new figurehead.

I agree with the decision. But make no mistake--if this goes to hell, we could easily be in worse shape next summer than we are now.
NickP
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#26 » by NickP » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:38 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Read on Twitter

You're entitled to your opinion. Zu's minutes were doubled and Trezz's cut in half.

Doc got fired because the entire organization failed, from giving away the farm to get PG, signing a non-point guard to play point guard, to every player [except Zubac!] playing WAY under par in the bubble. Doc is NO victim here but he's the logical one to pay. He failed at his #1 thing, keeping the troops fighting. They quit, and if they wanted him back, he'd be coming back.

The only way for everyone to save face [including the players] is to make Doc the scapegoat and roll the dice again next year with a new figurehead.

I agree with the decision. But make no mistake--if this goes to hell, we could easily be in worse shape next summer than we are now.

Bro you're putting all your eggs in the game 7 basket. Game 7 was the contingency any coach should have planned for. So in game 7, both our stars had bad games. That was the contingency. We should have never been pushed to a game 7. I don't think Ballmer looked at game 7 only or that West looked at that one game.
I'd say we all take the high road and talk about the future rather than dwell in the past.
Doc is no longer the coach.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#27 » by Clemenza » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:04 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Read on Twitter

Cool story bro. Now you can find out where Doc is going to coach next and where Trez is going to land and you'll have two new teams to root for next season instead of the Clippers. Time to purge some of you agenda driven folks from here anyways.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#28 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:12 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Read on Twitter

Cutting Harrell’s minutes in HALF wasn’t enough and that’s what we are trying to tell you. Vogel had McGee play 2 minutes on a close out game. You don’t think McGee who won a title is prideful and wants to play ? Vogel sat Dwight and McGee to beat the Rockets that’s the difference you adapt and do what it takes to win.

Harrell should of been shut down and it was fairly obvious early in the series. By game 6 he should of been benched for Green and someone else placed into the 4 spot like Patterson
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#29 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:15 am

Ballmer being the one pushing for this has me believing again
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,803

Post#30 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:17 am

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Cool story bro. Now you can find out where Doc is going to coach next and where Trez is going to land and you'll have two new teams to root for next season instead of the Clippers. Time to purge some of you agenda driven folks from here anyways.

Thanks for adding your tiny little dagger bro. I think I'll stick around and see how this little handful of creeps finds a way to whine their way all through next season too.

Me, I enjoyed this season all the way up to Game 5. I had a great time. This is supposed to be fun. That's the only agenda of a real fan.

I've had my say. You don't need to shout me down.

MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#31 » by MartinRiggs » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:34 am

Doc got fired because games 5 and 6,his love for Trez and hate for Zubac.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,126

Post#32 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:16 pm

"I agree with the decision. Now let me get back to insisting that this is all Kawhi and PG's fault for one bad half of basketball, pretending Doc didn't have enough talent to work with, and implying that the decision was unjustified."
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#33 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Yall can say whatever yall want.

Ballmer read this thread and made his decision.
We could give the credit to MTV but he's been asking for years and Ballmer wouldn't listen.

So, I want a role in the Clippers org.
A company car.
And an office in the new Ingleworld stadium.

- Quake Over and Out.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#34 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:45 pm

TheNewEra wrote:Ballmer being the one pushing for this has me believing again

On the other hand, Ballmer asked Paul George's opinion on firing Doc? WTF?

If we already know PG by now, he'll delusionaly think that he did a OK job on this Playoffs unlike Doc Rivers and justifies his shortcomings. Pg should be asked to account for his poor performance somehow.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Post#35 » by dautjazz » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:30 am

Need to try to trade Paul George. I'm sure who the Clippers can land for him, but if they can manage to get someone like Towns or Embiid for him, I say do it.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 956

Post#36 » by clipperlover » Fri Oct 2, 2020 10:02 pm

dautjazz wrote:Need to try to trade Paul George. I'm sure who the Clippers can land for him, but if they can manage to get someone like Towns or Embiid for him, I say do it.

Embiid isn't going anywhere.

It is an absolute NO on Karl Anthony Charmin. Jimmy Buckets was right about him. Charmin will never lead a team anywhere. The Rockets guarded him regularly with Harden in the playoffs 2 years ago and Charmin couldn't even dominate that match-up.

Paul George will be just fine. We aren't finding a better defensive complement to Kawhi than George.
jengmann3
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#37 » by jengmann3 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:00 pm

clipperlover wrote:
dautjazz wrote:Need to try to trade Paul George. I'm sure who the Clippers can land for him, but if they can manage to get someone like Towns or Embiid for him, I say do it.

Embiid isn't going anywhere.

It is an absolute NO on Karl Anthony Charmin. Jimmy Buckets was right about him. Charmin will never lead a team anywhere. The Rockets guarded him regularly with Harden in the playoffs 2 years ago and Charmin couldn't even dominate that match-up.

Paul George will be just fine. We aren't finding a better defensive complement to Kawhi than George.

I agree with this, I just wish PG guarded Jamal a bit more in games 6 and 7. I think PG gets going a bit by his defense. I think he should try to be the teams defensive ace especially against smaller guards. Kawhi has a tough time navigating through screens, plus he was asked to carry a bigger load offensively.

I honestly go back and forth on what the team should do. A part of me thinks if they had a defensive center (not blaming Zu) just to slow Jokic down in the second halves of games 5 and 6, they would've definitely moved to the WCF. Also, perhaps if Pat Bev was 100 % in the buble both physically and emotionally, perhaps Luka and Murray would've had tougher series. But there was a bit of helter skelter to the team all year, which kinda made losing 7 games to the 2nd best team in the west sound about right.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#38 » by TheNewEra » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:11 pm

DieHardFan wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Ballmer being the one pushing for this has me believing again

On the other hand, Ballmer asked Paul George's opinion on firing Doc? WTF?

If we already know PG by now, he'll delusionaly think that he did a OK job on this Playoffs unlike Doc Rivers and justifies his shortcomings. Pg should be asked to account for his poor performance somehow.

I don’t believe Paul George is as bad as he was this year. He needs a system and a healthy season to get right

Return to Los Angeles Clippers