ImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Re: Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath 

Post#321 » by Monix » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:41 pm

kio80 wrote:Why do we still care about this little ****?
I hope he breaks his other shoulder as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trash post
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,995

Post#322 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:20 pm

kio80 wrote:Why do we still care about this little ****?
I hope he breaks his other shoulder as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you care, otherwise you wouldn't have posted in this thread, especially wishing bad things to him, how is this not caring?
Horrible takes since 2016
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#323 » by Sixerscan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:00 pm

76ciology wrote:I dont know what Sixers were thinking. But not declaring Fultz was a damaged good (BMX accident) is positioning themselves to trade him as an asset. They say actions speak louder than words. And we kind of have a precedent move similar to this when we traded Jrue, which drove Pels mad. Nobody would want a damaged good.

Get out before anyone finds out.

*this is given that the injury took place AFTER they draft him

Are you saying they pretended he wasn’t injured for a year and a half?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,419

Post#324 » by 76ciology » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:I dont know what Sixers were thinking. But not declaring Fultz was a damaged good (BMX accident) is positioning themselves to trade him as an asset. They say actions speak louder than words. And we kind of have a precedent move similar to this when we traded Jrue, which drove Pels mad. Nobody would want a damaged good.

Get out before anyone finds out.

*this is given that the injury took place AFTER they draft him

Are you saying they pretended he wasn’t injured for a year and a half?

My guess is they were simultaneously trying to see if he can be fixed and shopping him at the same time. This is why they sat him out a lot (due to injury) because his stock is plummeting every time he gets exposure.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#325 » by stormi » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:34 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:There's no denying that Fultz is a bit of a weirdo sensitive kid. I'm not sold on the tips being his problem. I think it was a combination of an undisclosed injury and Brett Brown not really liking him. Again, hindsight sucks, but we really screwed up trading him away for nothing.

Pick 21 will be an all NBA player in a few years. The karma pendulum is bound to be swinging the other way about now... right
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#326 » by Negrodamus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:43 pm

stormi wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:There's no denying that Fultz is a bit of a weirdo sensitive kid. I'm not sold on the tips being his problem. I think it was a combination of an undisclosed injury and Brett Brown not really liking him. Again, hindsight sucks, but we really screwed up trading him away for nothing.

Pick 21 will be an all NBA player in a few years. The karma pendulum is bound to be swinging the other way about now... right

There is no pendulum. There are FOs that make informed decisions and FOs that run purely on "basketball minds". Not to say there isn't an element of eye test, but there's enough data out there to make very informed and strong choices.

It's amazing in 2020 there are teams that are still completely clueless.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#327 » by stormi » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:47 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:

There is no pendulum. There are FOs that make informed decisions and FOs that run purely on "basketball minds". Not to say there isn't an element of eye test, but there's enough data out there to make very informed and strong choices.

Loling at "basketball minds".

being a sixers fan is like Groundhog Day but the day we’re re-living over & over is Carrie getting blood poured on her at prom
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,460

Post#328 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:07 pm

stormi wrote:

I believe you. This pick is going to be an all star player for many years. Thing is, we're going to trade this pick along with Mattise Thybulle, and Tobias Harris for Buddy Hield and a pile of garbage. Then everyone is going to be super happy because we have Buddy Hield who can't defend and can't win in a halfcourt playoff setting. Meanwhile Sacramento will get the 21rst all star pick, Mattise Thybulle who will win several DPOY awards, and Tobias Harris who will suddenly regain his PnR form from his Clipper days. Kings will win 60+ games and be a perennial threat out west while we struggle to win 40 games and make the playoffs as an 8th seed. After getting ousted in the first round by Brooklyn, Elton Brand will declare that major changes will be made during the offseason. At which point we will then target the likes of Wendell Carter jr, and Josh Okogie via trades. After all that is done, former NBA player Brad Lohaus will step in as the new coach along with Ronny Seikaly as his lead assistant. Hersey Hawkins will be brought in as a consultant along with Dana Barros. Gonna be awesome! Just like the 90s were!!!! Todd Day and Andrew DelClerq will get an honorable mention, but Vitaly Potapenko will remain overseas to well...oversee.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers