ImageImageImage

Coach Malone

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#121 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I feel that Nuggets wont win anything with Malone , even though they made progress every season, I think Denver is Steve Kerr like coaching influence away to become legit contender, not have to going to seven games series every play off , I dont think Malone is convincing play off coach , he's the one of the reason that team always dig itself into the hole, trailing, his incapability to adjust etc. I think Denver will extend him to a new contract, which will be a big mistake and will cost Denver winning the title.

You DO realize Kerr has coached championship teams right ?? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#122 » by Mickey8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:06 pm

What the hell you talking about, I am talking about somebody coming in and lifting the team to the championship level , thats what the Warriors did by replacing Jackson with Kerr, thats the shock Denver need right now.
skywalker33

Post#123 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Mickey8 wrote:What the hell you talking about, I am talking about somebody coming in and lifting the team to the championship level , thats what the Warriors did by replacing Jackson with Kerr, thats the shock Denver need right now.

Just point out that you were comparing Malone to Kerr, what you wrote and what you may have wanted to say wasn't clear.....as usual.

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#124 » by Mickey8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:50 pm

I am not comparing Malone to Kerr, its a comparison with GS situation , when they brought Kerr in replacing Jackson, Kerr influenced that team and made them champions right away.
skywalker33

Post#125 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:04 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I am not comparing Malone to Kerr, its a comparison with GS situation , when they brought Kerr in replacing Jackson, Kerr influenced that team and made them champions right away.

Well, there are some that agree with your view, I've heard it before(and may have said it myself) However, Malone seems to be on a high in popular view right now. He continues to get this team to raise its progressive level every year. Had this series not been rigged by LBJ and the NBA refs, I believe we could have threatened for an NBA title. Malone has made mistakes along the way, but I can't see him getting replaced anytime soon.

But I would like to hear, who would YOU replace him with, who's that next Steve Kerr you so keenly desire ???????

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#126 » by Mickey8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 pm

I am not sure who, but I feel like this team wont make that final step with Malone unless Denver get some big name free agent , let see how Malone does the next season, now he's going to have a much more pressure because expectations will get even higher , let see how Porter develops , if he makes any difference , if this team doesn't advance to at least to the Western Conference finals again , Denver should look for the new coach after the next season .
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#127 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am

I'm still not a Malone fan, but I seriously doubt they are going to replace him at this time.
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#128 » by antonac » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:24 pm

Even if Malone is the Mark Jackson and we should be thinking about getting the guy that takes the team over the top, I don't think that would be right now anyway.

Porter still has improving to do, Murray still has to show he can actually sustain his PO form (Tatum took 18 months before he really looked like the guy we saw in the 2018 POs), Jokic has to learn to impose himself on the game, Bol Bol needs to actually take the floor.

If Malone is nothing but a developmental coach he still has work to do.
skywalker33

Post#129 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:09 pm

Not that I am a Malone fan either but the question still comes into play "Who could we replace Malone with that could get us to the next level, who is a better replacement for Malone ?" Can't see a lot of coaches out there, only one I like is Popovich.

skywalker33

Post#130 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:22 pm

Seeing how a lot of rookies are playing well, I don't get Malone's continued "I can't play rookies unless it's garbage time" mentality, especially when positional players ahead of them are playing like crap. Nnaji showed some potential in preseason, why not give him some PT, he did it with Murray, Mudiay, etc..... Perhaps TC needs to put on his big-boy pants and say something.

** I know we were all think this, might as well get the conversation started **

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:53 pm

antonac wrote:Even if Malone is the Mark Jackson and we should be thinking about getting the guy that takes the team over the top, I don't think that would be right now anyway.

Porter still has improving to do, Murray still has to show he can actually sustain his PO form (Tatum took 18 months before he really looked like the guy we saw in the 2018 POs), Jokic has to learn to impose himself on the game, Bol Bol needs to actually take the floor.

Do we give Malone a pass because he is a "developmental coach" or should we expect him to be learning while he is teaching? Have you seen much in the way of changes in how he coaches?
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#132 » by FilNugsFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:58 am

skywalker33 wrote:Not that I am a Malone fan either but the question still comes into play "Who could we replace Malone with that could get us to the next level, who is a better replacement for Malone ?" Can't see a lot of coaches out there, only one I like is Popovich.

I'm gonna be a bit biased since he's of Filipino descent, but I also like Erik Spoelstra. He has the championship pedigree as an NBA coach. I think he's already proven that he can handle egos during the Wade-Bron-Bosh era. He's also not reluctant to play rookies and give them the opportunity to prove their worth as what we've seen with guys like Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson.
skywalker33

Post#133 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 am

FilNugsFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Not that I am a Malone fan either but the question still comes into play "Who could we replace Malone with that could get us to the next level, who is a better replacement for Malone ?" Can't see a lot of coaches out there, only one I like is Popovich.

I'm gonna be a bit biased since he's of Filipino descent, but I also like Erik Spoelstra. He has the championship pedigree as an NBA coach. I think he's already proven that he can handle egos during the Wade-Bron-Bosh era. He's also not reluctant to play rookies and give them the opportunity to prove their worth as what we've seen with guys like Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson.

I'd be ok with Spoelstra, but he's not leaving MIA for the Nuggets

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#134 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:22 am

The odds of Malone being fired any time soon are about as high as the odds of me getting laid tonight. Considering the wife just said she is going to bed early with a headache I think most of you can figure out how likely that is.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:51 am

The Rebel wrote:The odds of Malone being fired any time soon are about as high as the odds of me getting laid tonight. Considering the wife just said she is going to bed early with a headache I think most of you can figure out how likely that is.

Like him or not; you're almost certainly right. The only truly proven coaches are probably not available no matter what. So to replace Malone, the front office would probably have to gamble on an unproven coach - and I don't see our ownership/front office as gamblers. Even with players, they tend towards keeping what they have (unless they/the coach just doesn't want a current player).
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#136 » by antonac » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:25 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
antonac wrote:Even if Malone is the Mark Jackson and we should be thinking about getting the guy that takes the team over the top, I don't think that would be right now anyway.

Do we give Malone a pass because he is a "developmental coach" or should we expect him to be learning while he is teaching? Have you seen much in the way of changes in how he coaches?

I meant developmental as in he develops players. I think the team looks quite bad right now, maybe that's down to losing defensive pieces or maybe it's just Malone not getting the best out of them yet.

We still have yet to see Porter but Jokic certainly looks like he's taken yet another leap forward this year, I think that's certainly got to be in Malone's favour, I'd be very much willing to move on from him if the team performs badly in the POs, or indeed misses them entirely, but as of yet this season is still a work in progress. If the plan was to have MPJ become a legitmate third star (probably the no.2 guy given how average Murray is again) then we definitely need to wait until we've seen how that goes.

If not then we're maybe looking at doing some big changes over the summer next year to put together that championship contender and Malone wouldn't be a part of that.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#137 » by U hova » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 am

What developments can we actually attribute to Malone being there, and not just a natural progression of the talent that was drafted?

Look at the guys who LEFT Denver, got out from under Malone's wing, and are flourishing...
skywalker33

Post#138 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:36 am

U hova wrote:What developments can we actually attribute to Malone being there, and not just a natural progression of the talent that was drafted?

Look at the guys who LEFT Denver, got out from under Malone's wing, and are flourishing...

You can't believe Grant's development was completely his/DET's doing, do you ? Give credit where it due at least.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#139 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:06 am

skywalker33 wrote:
U hova wrote:What developments can we actually attribute to Malone being there, and not just a natural progression of the talent that was drafted?

You can't believe Grant's development was completely his/DET's doing, do you ? Give credit where it due at least.

Grant played during the regular season 80%+ of the time in Denver on the PF position. Then Barton's injury happens and he started in a bubble to play 80%+ on the SF spot and produce much better numbers. Now he playing 80%+ on SF in Detroit and he does it very well again. Should we credit Barton for Grant's late success?
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#140 » by U hova » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:07 am

skywalker33 wrote:

Since him becoming this offensive option was completely out of left field I can't really attribute any of the development to Malone.

Return to Denver Nuggets